'Couple fight' led to spectacular truck accident: Korat

webfact

She ought to be given at least 12 months in prison to cool her attitude down.

She grabbed the wheel deliberately in a fit of rage with zero regard for the safety of any other road users.

She could have caused huge loss of life, the stupid bitch.

In any civilized country, she would have been canned for sure as a public menace.

Edited by klubex99

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can find all the excuses you want but Thai drivers are among the most dangerous drivers in the world. that is a reality .....

Thailand might not display the best driving skills on its roads but its drivers are far from the worst in the world.

If you find that difficult to believe try travelling a bit more and experience driving in the Middle East, Africa and the CIS before bleating the standard "Thais are no good at Blah Blah Blah" garbage that seems obligatory of 90% of TV members in response to any post.

True. Just look at how people drive here in Virginia. Parking is even worse -- no car left unscathed.

I have just spent a little over three months here in the US and there's a lot of crap spouted off on these forums against Thais when in actuality I see the same crap going on here.

Grass is always greener on the other side.

Thais are creative drivers. Farangs are used to conformity to rules and regulations, leaving them poorly equipped for situations that require thinking. Hence all the whinges above. But after driving a dozen or more years in Thailand, fifteen in Hong Kong, and on and off for months at a time in Taipei, Manila, Singapore, Jakarta, Surabaya and Bali I'd take Thailand over the lot any day of the week. In my experience Balinese are an absolute menace on the road. All the rest are F1 capable by comparison.

• Like 1

In a past life, I had a western wife that used to love to argue with me when I was occupied and had my concentration on other important and immediate matters, like when I was working, cooking and her favorite time to start a fight or argument was when I was driving..........totally unfair tactics. Well, one day she tried to pick a fight when I was behind the wheel in heavy traffic and had to concentrate and I didn't say a word, but slowly and safely pulled over to the road side and reached over, opened the door and gently, but forcefully pushed her out of the car and drove off...........she never pulled that game again and we are now happily divorced.........at least I can say 'happily'!!

That was the gentlemen's way of dealing with her. Old Jack The Hat weren't such a gent...

Sounds like my wife. She is the worst backseat driver on the planet and insists I drive everywhere because when it comes to driving she is useless and had to many accidents (minor) The moment we get in the car the verbal tirade begins and it makes it hard to concentrate on the surroundings. I have learnt to keep my mouth shut and black it all out but at times I just want to reach over and strangle her to death. The times I have to told her to pull her head in and shut the xxxx up only led to physical attacks (slaps about the face and head) whilst driving. Personally I think I am a pretty good driver, completed a number of defensive driving and pursuit courses in the course of my employment and apart from a scratch on a car I have never had a collision. (well I did deliberately nudge a guy off the road once but that was a controlled collision)

Get my wife out of a vehicle and she is fine lovely lady but when she gets into one it is like a switch has been flicked.

Edited by metisdead

you can find all the excuses you want but Thai drivers are among the most dangerous drivers in the world. that is a reality .....

Thailand might not display the best driving skills on its roads but its drivers are far from the worst in the world.

If you find that difficult to believe try travelling a bit more and experience driving in the Middle East, Africa and the CIS before bleating the standard "Thais are no good at Blah Blah Blah" garbage that seems obligatory of 90% of TV members in response to any post.

And this "fact" i presume you have from travelling?

You should try to travelling in Thailand and see the average Somchai's driving skills coffee1.gif

Edited by bander

Agreed. And I feel much safer driving in Thailand than down in Singapore where I spend most of my time. Thais are sometimes 'in their own world' when they're driving. Singaporeans are like this also, but add to this that they're inconsiderate on the roads and only look after themselves. A much more stressful driving experience than in Thailand.

As a cyclist who has lived in Hong Kong, Singapore, Laos and Thailand, I can tell you Thai drivers beat all three. Singapore was the absalute worst. At 6:00 a.m. on a Sunday with no traffic I often had drivers shift from the far right lane into the left lane to brush less than a meter by me, and then move back. NEVER happens here. Sure there are real problems about safety, but by no means are Thai drivers the worst. Laos is okay too, not aggressive towards cyclists by the way, and the roads out of VTE are often very quiet which is nice.

Thai drivers are not even in the "top ten" when it comes to dangerous IMHO and I have actually driven in more than three countries BTW.

"However, Mr. Suchart′s wife told the officers she thought she saw a motorcycle coming toward the truck when she took the steering wheel."

That sounds like a bold faced lie to save face for both her and her husband. She sounds like the A-Typical psycho Thai woman to me that can't control her temper and lose all common sense when their brain gets overloaded.

I don't know what the truth is and the above statement is just supposition on my part.

CB

Is that really considered atypical? All of my long-term Thai girlfriends have taken the wheel of my car on at least one occasion and swung it into things.

consider eating more spinach

She ought to be given at least 12 months in prison to cool her attitude down.

She grabbed the wheel deliberately in a fit of rage with zero regard for the safety of any other road users.

She could have caused huge loss of life, the stupid bitch.

In any civilized country, she would have been canned for sure as a public menace.

Maybe, but in a Syphilised country you need : proof, proof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like my wife. She is the worst backseat driver on the planet and insists I drive everywhere because when it comes to driving she is useless and had to many accidents (minor) The moment we get in the car the verbal tirade begins and it makes it hard to concentrate on the surroundings. I have learnt to keep my mouth shut and black it all out but at times I just want to reach over and strangle her to death. The times I have to told her to pull her head in and shut the xxxx up only led to physical attacks (slaps about the face and head) whilst driving. Personally I think I am a pretty good driver, completed a number of defensive driving and pursuit courses in the course of my employment and apart from a scratch on a car I have never had a collision. (well I did deliberately nudge a guy off the road once but that was a controlled collision)

Get my wife out of a vehicle and she is fine lovely lady but when she gets into one it is like a switch has been flicked.

Sounds like you need to grow a pair (prob too late now)

• Like 1

"However, Mr. Suchart′s wife told the officers she thought she saw a motorcycle coming toward the truck when she took the steering wheel."

That sounds like a bold faced lie to save face for both her and her husband. She sounds like the A-Typical psycho Thai woman to me that can't control her temper and lose all common sense when their brain gets overloaded.

I don't know what the truth is and the above statement is just supposition on my part.

CB

Most probably a motorbike air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. tongue.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That statement is idiotically.

I find Thai drivers to be slow and courteous.

At any time in BKK you can pull over from the far left to the right if you missed the correct lane.

Maybe someone honking, never mind. You go.

Try that in your home country.

That is if you TV Moaners still have a license and can report back about the last ten years..

Then again you have the odd crazy one here, just like at home. Live with it and don't blame "ALL THAI DRIVERS" are <deleted>. They are not.

Agree but most Thai drivers are <deleted> and briney -most foreigners are bright and shiny

• Like 2

I am reading day after day from posters about the problems they have with their wives, having to stay silent to keep the peace ??? <deleted>.....speaking back at them the turn angry and slap you ??? <deleted>..... living with some and being controlled by their families??? <deleted>... and a recent one re this topic that his wife shouts and carries on in the car ??? <deleted> you name it over the years a multitude of posters talk this way.

My thoughts on this are -does she love you if she behaves like a spoilt kid ???

How can people be happy when under the thumb?? GET the hell out of there or later you may be a statistic--their family will never side with you at the end of the day. Find a kind hearted partner who is just happy to be with you.

OR RENT short time only. Pity really as there are some super people around, away from bars and family influence.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all ! In the Discussion of forum regarding the truck accident, Many peoples give her own advice and give some information related to accident. But in discussion no one give the Exact solution, that’s how can i prevent these problem, if this type's of problem will occurred then how can i protect your self. Actually i know some organization that's work's for the Accident case.