why people don't come to Thailand instead to struggle in their home country?

Cheapcharly

they could work and save for 10years or more. invest. then come to relax in thailand.

how many people can do that? all I think.

and if Thailand is too expensive, there are other cheaper countries.

when thai people tell me i am lucky to be able to live in Thailand, I say they can do the same, move to India and their 8000 bahts/month will suddenly become like 80'000 bahts. but they say they don't want to move...

China is cheap too. people tell me you can eat a menu for 1$ there. .

• Like 1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mumbai is one of the most expensive places to live unless you like slums. But this troll thread will be funny when others wake up. Why scrape by in another country. If you are going to live dirt cheap and you get in an accident or catch a bad illness then what? A country you do not belong to will not take care of you.

when thai people tell me i am lucky to be able to live in Thailand, I say they can do the same, move to India and their 8000 bahts/month will suddenly become like 80'000 bahts. but they say they don't want to move...

and i say you have not the faintest idea about living cost in India whistling.gif

Nor china.

I suggest the OP saves time and moves directly to Democratic Republic of Congo. He'll probably double the national average income as soon as he gets off the plane.

Good suggestion, although his live expectancy will drop by roughly 90%.

Edited by Loptr
  • Like 1

I suggest the OP saves time and moves directly to Democratic Republic of Congo. He'll probably double the national average income as soon as he gets off the plane.

Good suggestion, although his live expectancy will drop by roughly 90%.

Good i read the whole, till now short, thread, otherwise your comment was copied by me.

Many of the best things in life are free.

True. But in order to enjoy those freebees, ya gotta eat, sleep, get healthcare, and travel to where the free things are (usually with clothes on).

Edited by impulse

and i say you have not the faintest idea about living cost in India whistling.gif

According to this BBC documentary, made in 2010, you can get an apartment that sleeps 4 in Mumbai or Calcutta for $24 a month.

• Like 1

Maybe a lot of people can move out here if they so wished but it may be the case that they are more comfortable with what they know and understand. The cost of living does not play a part in it for them.

Plenty have families, grandchildren, a nice home and friends.

Some are not adventurous. Many different reasons.

I have friends who moved out to Bulgaria and to Turkey. They love it there and it was cheap when they moved there. They would not even consider Thailand because we are all different with different needs and expectations.

Though the average national IQ level would see a sharp and sudden drop.

Heard that there are direct flights from Thailand to Congo ! The IQ level in Thailand would see a sharp and a non expected sudden rise !

Heard that there are direct flights from Thailand to Congo ! The IQ level in Thailand would see a sharp and a non expected sudden rise !

And if there aren't direct flights, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a national from there that could sell you one. Suk. 4 would be a good place to start.............rolleyes.gif

Edit: Might be a chance to make some pocket-money as well if you bring some packages back with you.

Edited by chrisinth

Family,good free medical,are the main reasons I go home to Australia twice a year.Main reason I stay in Thailand I have a nice looking girl there.I am ugly and cannot get a girl in Australia

even handsome guys can not get nice girls in western countries or Australia . why? nice girls are already married, nice girls are Gay, nice girls want babies and house. at the end you got the remaining women who are fat, ugly and lonely.

I met a nice girl in Thailand and moved with her after 2 weeks, she has everything what a man want... (all in 1). in usa I will never get a woman like that.

• Like 1

Family,good free medical,are the main reasons I go home to Australia twice a year.Main reason I stay in Thailand I have a nice looking girl there.I am ugly and cannot get a girl in Australia

even handsome guys can not get nice girls in western countries or Australia . why? nice girls are already married, nice girls are Gay, nice girls want babies and house. at the end you got the remaining women who are fat, ugly and lonely.

I met a nice girl in Thailand and moved with her after 2 weeks, she has everything what a man want... (all in 1). in usa I will never get a woman like that.

For many it is not about women and sex. Many are happy as they are and comfortable with what they understand.

I have to admit from a personal point of view though that there are very few women back home in my age bracket that I would want to be with.

Here, it is ideal ;)

Gotta love the homicide rate in some of the countries that get a mention on TV as possible alternatives to Thailand. Spanish seems like such a romantic language until it's being spat in your face at 2am by a guy with a knife. Fortunately, I speak fluent Jamaican, mon ! ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/countries-with-highest-murder-rates.html

Top Ten Countries with Highest Murder Rates Country Murder Rates (Per 100,000) Year Honduras 82.1 2010 El Salvador 66.0 2010 Cote d'Ivoire 56.9 2008 Jamaica 52.1 2010 Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) 49.0 2009 Belize 41.7 2010 Guatemala 41.4 2010 Saint Kitts and Nevis 38.2 2010 Zambia 38 2008 Uganda 36.3

Advice that many farangs might do well to consider: Make it there, spend it here.

The reality is that very few farangs move to Thailand and figure out a way to make a substantial income....SOME DO...but most don't.

The reality is that for most it is easier to make significant money in your home country than in Thailand.....as to whether you can invest / save enough money to ultimately retire to Thailand with sufficient funds is generally up to you and your circumstances and/or will power and determination to set and reach a goal.

• Like 2

if you left for sure ,

good on you cheapcharly , have a great life with your new g/f. dont worry about some of the posters here as they have 3 children and cannot cope with life so they take it out on people like you , but the sad thing is the have not got the guts to met you in person and hide behind a computer.

• Like 2

Or North Korea.

good on you cheapcharly , have a great life with your new g/f. dont worry about some of the posters here as they have 3 children and cannot cope with life so they take it out on people like you , but the sad thing is the have not got the guts to met you in person and hide behind a computer.

Instead of having a nice sexy girlfriend, don't you think you have many things to consider first ? Find a job in Thailand, understand thai and their culture, like the food (yeah pad thai and tom yam khung are delicious when you are here for 3 weeks)...I just don't get it. Moving to another country is not easy and even if you are having a shitty life in your home country it doesn't mean your life will be better here