Man burns house after his mother refuses to cook for him: Chiang Rai

webfact

Man Burns House After His Mother Refuses To Cook For Him

burn.jpg
Mr. Paopan Pankampuang (seated)

CHIANG RAI -- A man in Chiang Rai province confessed to burning his house down out of anger that his mother, who was living with him, refused to cook dinner for him.

Last night, firemen were called to a wooden in Muang district which was completely on fire when the rescue team arrived. The firemen took 30 minutes to extinguish the flame. Property losses were estimated to cost at least 500,000 baht.

Mr. Paopan Pankampuang was arrested this morning following reports that he committed the arson. Mr. Paopan told police he was living at the residence with his mother Ms. Supan Wicharew, 57, and his 7 year old son.

He said the incident took place after a long day of works in the rice field, during which he had consumed some alcohol. When he returned home, he said, his mother did not cook dinner for him. He reportedly became very angry out of his anger and alcohol influence, scolding his mother and driving her away from the house.

Mr. Paopan told police he later bought a bottle of gasoline and burn his house, starting from a wardrobe. He said he picked up his son and fled the scene, before the police finally caught up with him.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM016WXhOekEzTlE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-07-12

Now through the medium of boozed up emotions and what he sees as a requirement of his mother, he has placed more hardship on the family and others who will have to take them in. Pretty tragic in ways.

Reminds me of the news story a few years ago about the pakistani man who climbed a tree and set light to himself to teach his wife a lesson as she was having an affair with his friendfacepalm.gif

candidate for the Darwin awards me thinks..laugh.png

@ Wavefloater - Exactly what I thought. At first I thought it was the creepy guy in the blue demim shirt, then I thought it was the short fat one in uniform. Then I spotted the clown wearIng the Urban Legend T-shirt, he looks like he would burn a house down for little reason.

• Like 1

Lol... why not just go out? Geez! It will be a lot cheaper than paying to rebuild a house.

Eating out in the middle of nowhere ??? i think you didn't read well.... came home from a day work in the rice field... so i dont think there is any Tesco Lotus or 7 Eleven around where he can eat, or even a street vendor as in my opinion it's somewhere in the bush bush in Chiang Rai....

Probably this bloke even doesn't have any money to buy food as the few baht they have are spent on.... yes booze ! whistling.gif

• Like 1