Bangkok: Chula students celebrate graduation with Hitler

webfact

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be hard for the "Swastikas are Buddhist meme" apologists as there is NO swastika in this one.

Also, this Hitler doesn't look at all like Charlie Chaplin, so forget that excuse too.

I think this is actually a seriously offensive thing, coming from a so called elite educational institution in Thailand.

Would it be so hard to teach about Hitler and Nazism?

Would it be so hard to teach that Neo-Nazis today in Russia are targeting Asian people racially for violence and killings?

To those who say we're meddling westerners, I say, Thailand wake up to reality, it could use some meddling with its continuing shameful flirting with Hitler. Nazis and Hitler aren't heroes. Neo Nazi movements still exist today and they are something to be fought against, not propped up as something cool or a fashion statement.

Well in Europe they do the same with Che Guevara and Mao. Somehow people are fascinated by these evil dictators.

And Russian Neo-Nazis targeting Asians is more than strange. Slavic were low quality people for Hitler, but he thought of Tibetians as the source where the Germans origin. And his race studies found the Asians (most probably the Japanese maybe also Chinese) as smarter than the Germans.

So Russian Neo-Nazis clearly didn't read their own books.....Or maybe you have to be an idiot to be a Neo Nazi.

Stop bringing your western values to Thailand... they don't work here.

Hitler is just a historical figure, no worse than Chairman Mao.. so get over it.

You're missing the point, it's not about Hitler any more it's the disgraceful fact that the genius's can't spell congratulations.

This is going to be hard for the "Swastikas are Buddhist meme" apologists as there is NO swastika in this one.

Also, this Hitler doesn't look at all like Charlie Chaplin, so forget that excuse too.

I think this is actually a seriously offensive thing, coming from a so called elite educational institution in Thailand.

Would it be so hard to teach about Hitler and Nazism?

Would it be so hard to teach that Neo-Nazis today in Russia are targeting Asian people racially for violence and killings?

To those who say we're meddling westerners, I say, Thailand wake up to reality, it could use some meddling with its continuing shameful flirting with Hitler. Nazis and Hitler aren't heroes. Neo Nazi movements still exist today and they are something to be fought against, not propped up as something cool or a fashion statement.

Well in Europe they do the same with Che Guevara and Mao. Somehow people are fascinated by these evil dictators.

And Russian Neo-Nazis targeting Asians is more than strange. Slavic were low quality people for Hitler, but he thought of Tibetians as the source where the Germans origin. And his race studies found the Asians (most probably the Japanese maybe also Chinese) as smarter than the Germans.

So Russian Neo-Nazis clearly didn't read their own books.....Or maybe you have to be an idiot to be a Neo Nazi.

All neo nazis and cabal theorists are idiots.

• Like 1

You're missing the point, it's not about Hitler any more it's the disgraceful fact that the genius's can't spell congratulations.

Genius's w00t.gif

Who can't spell?

Me.sad.png ..........................But I don't care....................smile.png

Nazi Germany created a personality cult that deified an otherwise very unremarkable individual, who hoarded power, stifled the media and free debate, imprisoned or disappeared anyone who voiced an alternative viewpoint and had half the country marching around in assorted uniforms singing songs of praise to the leader

And you still wonder why Thais might think Hitler was OK?

• Like 2

My mother loves Thailand. As a qualified psychologist she is utterly enthralled at the actions of Thais. Only been here 3 times on holiday but is utter gobsmacked at their actual behaviour compared to how they (and everyone who hasn't been here for 2-3 years or longer) thinks they are like.

I sent her the OP, and as with most of the fruitloop news I sent home from here she found it so hilariously interesting.

'Dimension Thailand, always amazing.' as she says. The daily news of Thais shooting/hacking up other Thais for such things as not giving enough sauce with their chicken, or daring to studying at another college, or the nursing school machete and shooting rampage in Buriram a few months ago really get her completely dumbfounded. The list is endless really.

Edited by Salapoo
  • Like 1

There was NO RATIONALITY to Hitler's racist obsession about the Jews.

However, his extreme anti-semitism was a very useful POLITICAL tool for him.

Having a SCAPEGOAT is a classic tactic.

He could tell the "racially pure" German majority they were the master race and so special so he needed a minority group to CONTRAST with. This minority group was not only the Jews but the Jews were clearly the primary focus of his obsession and the Nazi propaganda (and holocaust). The non-minority majority LOVED to have their egos stoked that way.

Antisemitism is irrational but you are profoundly mistaken to believe that Hitler conjured it out of nowhere.It was already deeply imbedded in German society and indeed throughout most of Western Europe including the United Kingdom.

Hitler of course pursued antisemitism to a new level of madness.

He could tell the "racially pure" German majority they were the master race and so special so he needed a minority group to CONTRAST with. This minority group was not only the Jews but the Jews were clearly the primary focus of his obsession and the Nazi propaganda (and holocaust). The non-minority majority LOVED to have their egos stoked that way.

Antisemitism is irrational but you are profoundly mistaken to believe that Hitler conjured it out of nowhere.It was already deeply imbedded in German society and indeed throughout most of Western Europe including the United Kingdom.

I really love it when people tell me I am mistaken (profoundly so, isn't that special?ermm.gif ) about something I never said, never wrote, never believed, and never thought. Thank you!

Edited by Jingthing

Before Thailand was occupied by Japanese forces, the Thai leader of the day (can't remember who he was) cut a deal with Japan, knowing his country could not mount any significant resistance to the Japanese forces. The Japanese forces were basically granted free passage in and through Thailand. They landed on the beaches without resistance. The deal was 'you can come in, you can come through, but you cannot take what little we have, and you cannot cause any misery to Thai people. And if you do not honour this, we will resist, with all our might.'

As such, Thailand was never a victim in WW2. They saved their country, saved their people, and probably made money from the Japanese. The suffering was limited, and this is why Thai teenies have no appreciation of how we feel about them idolising Hitler. He is cult figure to them. Maybe if their granparents bored the scars of muder and torture thay would have a different opinion. Shame on them for the insensitivity of it, because their Asian neighbours suffered greatly because they chose to fight .....

• Like 1

I really love it when people tell me I am mistaken (profoundly so, isn't that special?Posted Image ) about something I never said, never wrote, never believed, and never thought. Thank you!

There was nothing in your earlier post to suggest you were aware that antisemitism was rooted in European society or that Hitler exploited this as opposed to initiating it.If you already understood this, as you now claim to, I suggest it would have been preferable to make this clear.I then would not have had to correct your post.Your very misleading comment about " the non - minority (sic) majority loving to have their egos stroked" does however suggest you are not very familiar with the background.If you seriously wish to understand the subject I should be delighted to recommend some reading material.

• Like 1

There was nothing in your earlier post to suggest you were aware that antisemitism was rooted in European society or that Hitler exploited this as opposed to initiating it.If you already understood this, as you now claim to, I suggest it would have been preferable to make this clear.I then would not have had to correct your post.Your very misleading comment about " the non - minority (sic) majority loving to have their egos stroked" does however suggest you are not very familiar with the background.If you seriously wish to understand the subject I should be delighted to recommend some reading material.

Do you expect everyone to post everything they know in every post? That's ridiculous.

Edited by Jingthing

Before Thailand was occupied by Japanese forces, the Thai leader of the day (can't remember who he was) cut a deal with Japan, knowing his country could not mount any significant resistance to the Japanese forces. The Japanese forces were basically granted free passage in and through Thailand. They landed on the beaches without resistance. The deal was 'you can come in, you can come through, but you cannot take what little we have, and you cannot cause any misery to Thai people. And if you do not honour this, we will resist, with all our might.'

As such, Thailand was never a victim in WW2. They saved their country, saved their people, and probably made money from the Japanese. The suffering was limited, and this is why Thai teenies have no appreciation of how we feel about them idolising Hitler. He is cult figure to them. Maybe if their granparents bored the scars of muder and torture thay would have a different opinion. Shame on them for the insensitivity of it, because their Asian neighbours suffered greatly because they chose to fight .....

If you knew more about FM Pibun (the Thai leader of the day that you can't remember), you'd paint a somewhat different picture perhaps. Extremely pro-Japanese before the war (as a militarist who admired their brand of fascism and their ascendancy over the western powers in the region), he is a key part of the story - not surprising as he is one of the most important men inThai history.