Visa refuse for wrong reason...what to do ?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The fact is:

To renew your extension retirement extension annually the current rules clearly state you must have the 800K in your Thai bank account for a period of at least 3 months at the time of renewal.

The immigration officer is suspecting you didn't do that.

"They have the right to question you if they doubt you actually had that money there for that 3 month period.

EVERY annual renewal (now) requires that 3 month period by current rules.

That may not have been true in past years, but you are applying under this years rules, and they will want you to comply with this year's rules.

Immigration always has the right to ask for "further information or clarification" on anything they don't understand BEFORE they approve you renewal for that retirement extension each year.

The most intelligent thing you could do is just to make sure you comply with the current law, forget about what happened last year or two years ago.

Just be sure, the next annual extension, you have the 800K in a Thai Bank account in your name and it has been there at least 3 months before the application for extension."

My understanding is that for a renewal of a retirement extension one needs :-

A) 800,000 in a Thai bank "seasoned" for a period of 3 months

OR

B ) An income of 65000/month with an appropriate Embassy letter.

OR

C) A combination of income +money in a Thai bank ! (no seasoning required)

The original OP describes a situation mired in confusion (misunderstanding?) I suspect this cannot be untangled via the forum.

The OP, it would seem, was not "refused" an extension but did receive advise relating to her next application.

The "rules" seem very clear to me -------unless I am also confused!

Edited by jrtmedic

I'm certainly no visa expert,but you don't need a Thai family to live here on a retirement visa do you not ?

Are you certain you know what your talking about ?

Yes I am sure he ask me pictures of my Thai family since 2 years now and show me examplar of which kind of pictures he want...i have tell him don't need for retirement but he say no photo no visa...you understand why I am sick...cause you cannot make him understand nothing he is the law

Different immigration offices make their own rules, When I went for my first retirement extension, the officer asked me if my wife was working, I said yes, then he asked me what her job was. I wonder what that was all about as you don't even need a wife for a retirement visa.

Well,it seems that they suspect something. If I am understanding this correctly. You did get the extension with a warning or instructions on what you have to do next year. How ever you do it, I would suggest having the 800000 in the bank 3 months before the next years extension

---------------

The fact is:

To renew your extension retirement extension annually the current rules clearly state you must have the 800K in your Thai bank account for a period of at least 3 months at the time of renewal.

The immigration officer is suspecting you didn't do that.

They have the right to question you if they doubt you actually had that money there for that 3 month period.

EVERY annual renewal (now) requires that 3 month period by current rules.

That may not have been true in past years, but you are applying under this years rules, and they will want you to comply with this year's rules.

Immigration always has the right to ask for "further information or clarification" on anything they don't understand BEFORE they approve you renewal for that retirement extension each year.

The most intelligent thing you could do is just to make sure you comply with the current law, forget about what happened last year or two years ago.

Just be sure, the next annual extension, you have the 800K in a Thai Bank account in your name and it has been there at least 3 months before the application for extension.

rolleyes.gif

That is not what the rules are - the rule is 800k in bank three months or 65k income or combination to meet 800k. For the combination method there is no mention of bank deposit having to be in account for any period of time and Bangkok does not enforce any such rule as it is not supported by the Immigration Order 777/2551. A few other officers, at other locations, feel any use of bank funds should require the 3 months in account.

• Like 1

I'm certainly no visa expert,but you don't need a Thai family to live here on a retirement visa do you not ?

Are you certain you know what your talking about ?

You do NOT need a wife or family to extend your Retirement Visa!

But you DO need 800k in the bank OR 65k a month income. And Proof.

You also do NOT need your name on a Thai house book.

I extended mine when on holidays in Chiang Mai ( I live phuket) with a HOTEL BUSINESS CARD as the address I was living at.

So go on holidays and somewhere and say you are looking for a house to move to that town!

But my suggestion is to have the 800k in the bank to make the paperwork straightforward. Borrow it temporarily from family maybe.

If you cant , the combined income you have should work.

In short , go somewhere else in Thailand to make your extension !!

Never argue with an official.

In short , go somewhere else in Thailand to make your extension !!

Not possible unless you move somewhere else and have proof of address.

You have to use the assigned office for where you live.

I would don't mine to have the money in the bank 3 months before BUT...I CANNOT accept he change the law when he want....How can sleep like this ! never know if i can stay here or go ! ouach too hard...I move all my stuff from Switzerland and dogs and lovely cats....invest a littel fortune ine the moving and build the house here...and now ...someone say to me i am not welcome !

try the south of france ,hot no visa needed ,or maybe there is another asian country that do not have all these visa problems ,once in the west thais have no problems should be the same for us,tit for tat

whistling.gif Actually the financial requirements for a retirement extension are:

1. 800,000 Baht on deposit in a Thai bank account in your name.

----- for a period of at least 2 months before the first (initial) application

----- and for a period of at least 3 months before each annual renewal

OR

2, A monthly income (may need to be verified by your embassy) of 65,000 Baht monthly from outside of Thailand

OR

3. A combination of monthly income from outside Thailand and bank deposits in a Thai bank that totals the equivalent of 800,000 Baht yearly.

I've never heard of them requiring a picture of any Thai friend or relative for a RETIREMENT visa/extension but they do require that for a marriage visa/extension.

For a retirement they often will ask for an address and telephone number of your residence in Thailand.

For retirement you also need a bank letter verifying the amount on deposit in that Thai bank which you get from your bank, It's best to get that bank letter no more than 24 hours before you apply or renew your retirement visa.

Some immigration offices also want to see your Thai bank passbook to verify the funds on deposit ... and if a branch of that Thai bank is nearby.... they may request you go and make a token deposit or withdrawal (100 Baht is enough) as proof you can withdraw or deposit money on demand with your passbook.

I believe you know what you are talking about so can I ask you this question please... If I have a pension which equates to about 600,000 THB per year, so presumably I would need more than 200,000 in my Thai bank account to qualify for a retirement visa. My question is: Does the required amount over 200,000 need to have been in my Thai bank account for a period of at least 3 months?

I think many of you don't understand the probléme..!

They refuse the combi : money and pension because the boss officer say : the money need to be 3 months before in the Bank !!!!

but THIS is only if you show 800000 bahts and no pension !!!

last year went the same ......he said : its the last time he give me visa because i don't have picture of my Thai family in front of my house !!! but hallo I am in retirement visa ! grrrr

Next year whats next ????

10 second before to leave the office this time he tell ¨me : and next year 500000 bahts ???? !!!!!

And then someone say : an emotonial western woman !!! let me tell you that in my place you would not do better... I spend the all day calm and decided to have my visa....even officers from others provinces don't have convince him of what is a retirement visa extension....so !

I wish to no one to have to deal in such a small immigration office !

but that's it....now I need to find a sure way to get my extension every year in a good condition

I believe people do understand you but are left somewhat incredulous by what you describe.

I am sure there must be some form of appeal mechanism against unreasonable immigration decisions/demands.

Perhaps one of the MODS could advise.

Would the OP be best served by going to the Bangkok Immigration Office next time? Go early in the last 30 days so you have extra time if needed. Fly to Dong Muang in the morning, taxi to Changwattana, and then back to the airport late afternoon. All the Banks are in the complex too. Could be done in one trip. Might save a lot of trouble. Just as thought.

((quote of removed post deleted))

Don't take this too seriously, people here, as you know, can be quite abrasive.

As for next year, as already been stated, do NOT try another imm office as that will back-fire the next time you make the extension at NST. Just follow the advice given:

1) 800k in a bank in Thailand, not necessarily a thai bank, in your name only, 3 months prior to extension request.

2) A letter from the bank stating your balance of 800k for minimum of 3 months and the present balance. This must be issued same day as the request for extension. If not possible to have the letter the same day, make a withdrawal of 100 baht or so just to have an entry in the bankbook for that day which also proves that the money is available on demand. The letter from the bank is still required.

3) As your pension is 420k (35k/month) you need to prove that with a letter from the embassy. Then you just need to have 380k in the bank.

4) However as the imm officer seems to be unaware of the combination approach, suggest you go for the 800k in the bank, if you can arrange that.

With a bit of luck, this particular officer may not sit in his present position next year!

Edited by lopburi3

Would the OP be best served by going to the Bangkok Immigration Office next time? Go early in the last 30 days so you have extra time if needed. Fly to Dong Muang in the morning, taxi to Changwattana, and then back to the airport late afternoon. All the Banks are in the complex too. Could be done in one trip. Might save a lot of trouble. Just as thought.

Extensions based on retirement must be made at the office assigned to the province where they reside.

Yesterday I renewed my retirement visa at Jomtien. I was dealt with by two sassy youngish women who filtered out the dross so that only those who had successfully jumped through the hoops went before the Captain who would OK the extension application. Amongst the documentation that I provided was a letter from the BKK Consulate stating what my UK income was. I also provided a letter from my Thai bank showing the current balance of my account with them, and photocopies of all pages of my bank passbook. The total sum far exceeded 800K baht. I was turned away because after receiving the letter from my bank, I withdrew 5K baht to refill my wallet. Thus the balance on the photocopies differed from what the bank letter said. I pointed out that I had met the regulations and that they were being unduly obstructive. How could I pay the 1900 baht fee if I could not withdraw money my from my account? All to no avail. I had to trail all the way from Jomtien to the northern end of Naklua to get the bank to provide me with another letter. Thankfully the bank did this without charge.

I returned to Jomtien and confronted the job's worth women, keeping my cool but sure that my countenance showed exactly what I felt. Smiles all round but my parting shot to a member of staff that I have got to know well was that I would not be following my usual practice of, after receiving my extension, returning with a bottle of whisky for the cop and chocolates for the ladies in recognition of a smooth and efficient service - this within ear shot of those who had ruffled my feathers. In future if the same conditions apply I shall deleted any entries on the photocopies of my passbook following the obtaining of the bank letter before printing them out.

Edited by Bagwan

^^ Marstons advice is exactly what you need to do to calmly, effectively, and legally solve your visa dilemma.

Calm down, get your documents in order, open and seed a bank account soonest, and show up at the appointed time with your immigration lawyer, or service.

Other advice here is equally good, and you should calmly and methodically review their advice so you completely know what visa you are entitled to, and the steps to take.

It is best to ensure you have the 800,000B in a Thai bank account starting now; well in advance of the three-month requirement . Borrow the capital from a Swiss bank if needs be, have them deposit it into your Thai account and pay them back as stipulated. Use a Thai Bank account to eliminate any more possible confusion.

Seed this account monthly or bi-weekly over the year by withdrawing and depositing monthly to show you are actually using the funds.

Once you have all your application documentation in a folio, double and triple check all, for accuracy.

Go alone on the visa renewal date.

The visa renewal date can be 30-days in advance; this is a good thing, for you have extra time for whatever reason to get the required stamp.

Once you secure your new visa next year, then it should be clear sailing for the future.

Good luck...Mamasun. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Now, I'm really confused. Nothing in that post adds up. 800,000 must be in bank 2 months for retirement (I think). For marriage 400,000 for 2 months for sure ( and a Thai wifewink.png a friend won't do). If married, photos are required for marriage extension but not for retirement extension. I am wondering how you got an extension the first time.

Its my 6 extensions base on an OA visa obtain in my country !!! I was living before in Phuket...and no problémes with Immigration there but here in Nakhon si Thammarat its .my third one....i must have 800,000 bahts between my pension and money in bank

I precise that i ma NOT married to a Thai and have NO Thai family....

I am a woman alone here.

I just did my extension in Phuket 2 weeks and had no trouble

combo method

250,000 in bank not seasoned

Notorized letter from us embassy

letter from social security

Not married no pics

IN an out in less than 30 minutes including re entry permit

same officer that i have deat with for over 20 years ( on various extensions)

you must be leaving something out.

^^ Marstons advice is exactly what you need to do to calmly, effectively, and legally solve your visa dilemma.

Calm down, get your documents in order, open and seed a bank account soonest, and show up at the appointed time with your immigration lawyer, or service.

Other advice here is equally good, and you should calmly and methodically review their advice so you completely know what visa you are entitled to, and the steps to take.

It is best to ensure you have the 800,000B in a Thai bank account starting now; well in advance of the three-month requirement . Borrow the capital from a Swiss bank if needs be, have them deposit it into your Thai account and pay them back as stipulated. Use a Thai Bank account to eliminate any more possible confusion.

Seed this account monthly or bi-weekly over the year by withdrawing and depositing monthly to show you are actually using the funds.

Once you have all your application documentation in a folio, double and triple check all, for accuracy.

The visa renewal date can be 30-days in advance; this is a good thing, for you have extra time for whatever reason to get the required stamp.

Once you secure your new visa next year, then it should be clear sailing for the future.

Sure it exactly what i am doing every year since 6 years...BUT you forget That i have to lie and show now since 3 years in NST picture of a non existe Thai family !!!

And that is not exclude that he will ask me for more fantasy things

Ah i also forget to say that I had to make a photocopie of the ID (sign ) of my pseudo Thai man and a copie of his Tabien baan......because i have mine (yelow) but was noit enought for him ...my poor nerves

Its a big mess ...a basket of a mixte differents extensions !!!

I thank you very much for all your answers...

Thanks...

way

Sure it exactly what i am doing every year since 6 years...BUT you forget That i have to lie and show now since 3 years in NST picture of a non existe Thai family !!!

And that is not exclude that he will ask me for more fantasy things

Ah i also forget to say that I had to make a photocopie of the ID (sign ) of my pseudo Thai man and a copie of his Tabien baan......because i have mine (yelow) but was noit enought for him ...my poor nerves

Its a big mess ...a basket of a mixte differents extensions !!!

I thank you very much for all your answers...

Thanks...

way

Just an observation but it seems that the story becomes more bizarre with repeated telling !

Edited by jrtmedic

Strange that nobody has noticed that this topic is just a replay of this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/480715-retirement-extension-in-nakhon-si-thammarat-report/

Its exactly what i try to explain...last time was this ...and this year need to have for combi ..the money 3 months in the bank

please read my thread again ok ! thanks

beause I come on Thai visa to get help ..and not That someone call me liar !