Dramatic assassination attempt on Thai official captured on CCTV

webfact

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love to be a politician's bodyguard. Risky, we all know but There is a thrill in gunfighting and it is like enemies are always around you

I can imagine quite a few Vietnam vets shaking their heads in sorrow and wondering about your sanity.

The US Secret Service surround the Head of State and their job is to take a bullet for the Prez. Can you think of a Thai politician you'd take a bullet for?

• Like 1

This was possibly staged. The manufacture of the bullet-proof windows get great publicity, and they are a public company.

First, buy 10,000 shares. Then show how these windows work when your life depends on durability.

Sell shares on Monday for big profit.

and give the shooters a few dollars...

next: rocket-proof tires.

The manufacturer of the glass in that vehicle is not a Thai company or even located in Thailand.

Here we have a guy who has a vehicle fitted with bullet proof glass for a reason but he walks around alone without personal security. Why? Anyone else notice the impact point on the glass. It is in the bottom left hand corner. You are hardly going to you target there as the seat was probably forward as Thais are shorter and need to reach the pedals. Rounds would probably of completely missed their target and gone into the rear.

If they catch this guy a good defence lawyer will argue that his client only intended to scare his victim, that is why he didn't take him out prior to getting into his vehicle and why he fired into the bottom left hand corner of the window instead of more central where the main body mass would have been.

• Like 1

This smell's.....the hit man was waiting in the back.......walk's to the car and fires,doesn't make an attempt to open the car door.....the car doesn't sped off backwards and were in the world would the target sits in public making a joke of the scene?

The mastermind behind this all must have known that he had bullet proof glass windows on the car,and if not....do all public servants need to drive around in an armored car?

Baa but TIT

• Like 1

Next question - why was Paiboon visiting Kamnan Poh?

I don't suppose it occurred to the reporter, or perhaps he considered it to be too personal to ask.

The answer to that may help with the earlier question.

In many countries this would be a major story and scandal, why was a government official visiting a notorious mafia boss, why does he need a bullet proof car etc. and the media would be all over it.

Excuse me , I forgot TIT

YEP, T.I.T. where more people are killed with guns than in the USA, which has 6 times the population, many more guns, and much less gun control

This smell's.....the hit man was waiting in the back.......walk's to the car and fires,doesn't make an attempt to open the car door.....the car doesn't sped off backwards and were in the world would the target sits in public making a joke of the scene?

The mastermind behind this all must have known that he had bullet proof glass windows on the car,and if not....do all public servants need to drive around in an armored car?

Baa but TIT

I think that article was wrong. He's the helper for a convicted criminal. Doesn't seem to be a government official. Please correct me if I am wrong!!

Why is this so called government official visiting a convicted criminal. And more important why is this convicted mafia don spending his prison sentence in a luxurious hospital bed instead of a prison cell. This preferental treatment of rich people compared to poor people convicted of serious crimes is a shame for Thailand. Drug use is on the rise and crime connected to this dirty buissness makes me feel scared for my family and myself. Education even for those of us who can afford good schools is a bloody joke. The good is only in the price pr term, not the quality of teachers and schoolbooks.. What rich people can get away with is a disgrace, they walk away as free man from cold blooded murders. How can we put our trust in this kind of system.

Why is this so called government official visiting a convicted criminal. And more important why is this convicted mafia don spending his prison sentence in a luxurious hospital bed instead of a prison cell. This preferental treatment of rich people compared to poor people convicted of serious crimes is a shame for Thailand. Drug use is on the rise and crime connected to this dirty buissness makes me feel scared for my family and myself. Education even for those of us who can afford good schools is a bloody joke. The good is only in the price pr term, not the quality of teachers and schoolbooks.. What rich people can get away with is a disgrace, they walk away as free man from cold blooded murders. How can we put our trust in this kind of system.

This might help with one of your questions:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/616845-kamnan-poh-transferred-to-chonburi-prison/

I dunno... this wreaks of something setup to look like an assassination attempt. Conveniently located CCTV. Gunman waits until he's safely inside his car with bulletproof windows. And, I don't know....if someone was shooting at me, I think I would have driven off instead of sitting there letting him unload a clip into my window. Also, the shots were all down by the bottom left corner of the window by the looks of it. Isn't that just seat? His head would be much higher.

• Like 1

You can't. End of story. sad.png

I would love to be a politician's bodyguard. Risky, we all know but There is a thrill in gunfighting and it is like enemies are always around you

I can imagine quite a few Vietnam vets shaking their heads in sorrow and wondering about your sanity.

The US Secret Service surround the Head of State and their job is to take a bullet for the Prez. Can you think of a Thai politician you'd take a bullet for?

Plenty did a couple of years ago for the Dear Leader in Bangkok, oh, and the 500B a day cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Here we have a guy who has a vehicle fitted with bullet proof glass for a reason but he walks around alone without personal security. Why? Anyone else notice the impact point on the glass. It is in the bottom left hand corner. You are hardly going to you target there as the seat was probably forward as Thais are shorter and need to reach the pedals. Rounds would probably of completely missed their target and gone into the rear.

If they catch this guy a good defence lawyer will argue that his client only intended to scare his victim, that is why he didn't take him out prior to getting into his vehicle and why he fired into the bottom left hand corner of the window instead of more central where the main body mass would have been.

Why not take him BEFORE he reaches any sort of cover even a tin box pick up, bullet resistant glass or not, and any delay and the vehicle is moving ? Like your points

• Like 1

Good to see TV's CSI and crack forensic experts are slowly reporting for work.

This dastardly crime will be now be solved in the wink of an eye - or 27 more pages of useless TV speculation. cheesy.gif

This story was posted here for comments, if they didn't want anyone to comment on it then the story would have just been posted in the Live Sunday area without a link, just as it happens with stories about the Royal Family.

There are also people on here who do have extensive crime scene/policing experience. I know of at least 5, two of which I have worked with so can vouch for them. Very good operators but also get ridiculed by armchair detectives.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Good to see TV's CSI and crack forensic experts are slowly reporting for work.

This dastardly crime will be now be solved in the wink of an eye - or 27 more pages of useless TV speculation. cheesy.gif

Nice one !!!! Oh wait a minute. If the Thai media actually published news stories full of accurate facts that hard hitting reporters dug out, there would be a lot less speculation on TV. Instead we get stories that look like they were written by 4th graders, with no real facts, and certainly no powerful people portrayed in a negative light. So to my fellow armchair detectives, I say speculate away !!! :-)

I found it interesting that the guy behind the car , is just standing there while the assassin is blasting away. You would think with the first shot he would be high tailing in the opposite direction....

Having just tried to assasinate the personal aide to one of Thailands biggest gangsters, one who claimed he didn't have any enemies because they all died, I think it will be a bit more than a good lawyer he needs when they catch up with him.

seems like weve got a lot of ex farang hitmen on this site nice to meet you boys i choose to use this

sako TRG 42 RUSSIAN ,50CAL 99MM TRACER EXPLODING shells plastic casing 6000mtrs taliaban killerw00t.gif crazy.gif

not much use to me roo shootin mate, would ruin the skins!!!

• Like 1

Why is here no mention of this on Thai based media?

There was. It was front page news in the Thai-language daily Khao Sot on the 12th, with a still image.

The text described him as the head of a municipal council in rural Chonburi province, so a very minor official. My first thought was 'why does this guy need an armoured car?' but after learning who he was visiting, it becomes clear he's been moonlighting from his municipal job.

• Like 1

Was this another Facebook hire ? A professional would have done his homework and known about the bullet proof windows.

Nah, this one was an amateur. The next one will know more than this one.

Na if it was a professional it would have been a bomb.

Was this another Facebook hire ? A professional would have done his homework and known about the bullet proof windows.

Nah, this one was an amateur. The next one will know more than this one.

Na if it was a professional it would have been a bomb.

Naaaah, would have the right apparatus. whistling.gif

Why is here no mention of this on Thai based media?

There was. It was front page news in the Thai-language daily Khao Sot on the 12th, with a still image.

The text described him as the head of a municipal council in rural Chonburi province, so a very minor official. My first thought was 'why does this guy need an armoured car?' but after learning who he was visiting, it becomes clear he's been moonlighting from his municipal job.

Chonburi ? Rural ?