Zimmerman not guilty in Trayvon Martin death: Florida jury

Lite Beer

Try this:

Zimmerman's 05' arrest Resisting officers & Obstructing justice (a felony) sentence: Anger Man class

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/30/1079338/-Zimmerman-s-05-arrest-Resisting-offices-Obstructing-justice-a-felony-sentence-Anger-Managemet

George Zimmerman's police record has come to light. NBC is reporting He was arrested in 2005 in Orlando Fl. for resisting an undercover alcohol control officer (who was making arrests in a bar), and obstructing justice (a felony). The police report described Zimmerman as interjecting himself into the situation, and when the officer identified himself Zimmerman said "I don't care who you are". When police ordered him to leave again and George replied "fuc_k you!". The police report stated Zimmerman "used violence and battery against the officer".

Zimmerman is a wild and violent nutcase who should never have been allowed to possess a firearm. Another failure of Florida law. A violent person with a violent history - against a police officer - is allowed to possess a firearm. A travesty right there.

If Zimmerman was as violent towards a police officer as you make it sound, why was his sentence for committing this felony to take an anger management class and not jail time? Something doesn't add up.

What he - and the dishonest blog post - is not telling you is that George simply pushed the officer, who was not in uniform. That is the real reason that he only had to take anger management classes. wink.png

I see, so assaulting a police officer while in the performance of his lawful duties is not a concern for you?

Would you be as forgiving of Treyvon Martin had he assaulted a police officer? I don't think so. I would expect you would argue that it demonstrated that the assailant was a violent thug.

There can be no denying the smear campaign against Treyvon Martin. He did not have a criminal record of violence, nor was he ever charged with burglary. Nor was he the subject of a restraining order or assault charges. Many people break up with their wives and g/fs and are not the subject a restraining order. Zimmerman demonstrated a pattern of anger management issues. Perhaps he grew out of them as he got older, but he still retained the behaviour pattern of loser with self esteem issues that became easily frustrated.

Treyvon Martin was no angel, but he wasn't a violent thug. He was a typical Florida adolescent and I suggest you check out any of the social media websites to obtain a good idea of what kids like him are like. White, brown, black teenagers statewide post similar images to Martin's to their twitter and instagram accounts everyday. Girls post raunchy images too. This is what the adolescent culture is and yet, the level of violence is no worse than it was 25 years ago.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I note the reference to trace amounts of THC in Treyvon Martin and the attempt to link it to violent behaviour.

THC makes people lethargic and slows down their reflexes. One should not rely on Reefer Madness for guidance in that regard.

However, if one wishes to discuss drug use, let's look at Zimmerman, and his use of drugs. Wasn't George taking 2 potent drugs? Temazepam and Adderall are medications that can cause problematic side effects including agitation and mood swings. Why is a trace amount of THC in Martin considered significant, and yet George gets a pass on 2 potent drugs?

Oh yes, it's not appropriate to mention the likelihood that Zimmerman was a pill popping legal druggie. Well balanced people don't need drugs like this. It's not politically correct to mention the dugs as it might upset mental health advocates.

Remember when Rush Limbaugh was arrested for all those narcotics? A veritable junkie that would point his finger at people who used marijauna.

Zimmerman is going to need alot more of his pills.

• Like 2

The juror with the big mouth that some here are suggesting we should take seriously, b37, was apparently a real RED FLAG even before selection.

Brashers-Krug has another reservation about seating B37: She really wants to be a juror. She seems to be going out of her way to minimize the disruptive effect of a multiweek trial on her life. Jurors rarely do that. She is also taking pains to avoid saying anything particularly sympathetic to either side. Both sides tend to be very skeptical of jurors who are particularly eager to serve on high-profile cases. Often they have their own agendas, or are attention-seekers.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2013/07/zimmerman_trial_juror_b37_why_did_prosecutors_let_her_on_the_trayvon_martin.html

All armchair quarter backing and nothing shocking here. Those that want to be dismissive of process and outcome will look for any reason they can to undermine or discredit the system. The people in article were more or less second questing or trying to read tea leaves after the fact. That is good and appropriate, but press as usual took it a step further.

I have listened to a lot of jurors and seated juries in Florida. There is no basis for challenge for cause and using one of your three peremptory challenges here would have depended on what other jurors immediately before and after he were like.

I just ask that people listen to her to understand the facts jury heard and the basis for the juries decision. I have no problem if you listened to her and still believe jury made wrong decision.

The juror with the big mouth that some here are suggesting we should take seriously, b37, was apparently a real RED FLAG even before selection.

Brashers-Krug has another reservation about seating B37: She really wants to be a juror. She seems to be going out of her way to minimize the disruptive effect of a multiweek trial on her life. Jurors rarely do that. She is also taking pains to avoid saying anything particularly sympathetic to either side. Both sides tend to be very skeptical of jurors who are particularly eager to serve on high-profile cases. Often they have their own agendas, or are attention-seekers.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2013/07/zimmerman_trial_juror_b37_why_did_prosecutors_let_her_on_the_trayvon_martin.html

All armchair quarter backing and nothing shocking here. Those that want to be dismissive of process and outcome will look for any reason they can to undermine or discredit the system. The people in article were more or less second questing or trying to read tea leaves after the fact. That is good and appropriate, but press as usual took it a step further.

I have listened to a lot of jurors and seated juries in Florida. There is no basis for challenge for cause and using one of your three peremptory challenges here would have depended on what other jurors immediately before and after he were like.

I just ask that people listen to her to understand the facts jury heard and the basis for the juries decision. I have no problem if you listened to her and still believe jury made wrong decision.

I agree with you SD.

Lots of anger and personal preconceptions are coming out.

I hope our kids do a better job of living together than we did.

On the plus side, crime in the US is down some 40% over last few decades.

090601-hmfj-chart-5.jpg

You wouldn't know it from this thread, or the demonstrations in the US at the moment

But our generation did a pretty dam_n good job of learning to live together after all. smile.png

And within the law!

No Group Hugs, thank you whistling.gif

You may now continue to bash each other.

Edited by jamhar
  • Like 1

There you go making claims that you can't verify and injecting your own editorializing: you don't know that he was attacked "for no good reason". Some would say that IF a young man felt threatened by an armed man following him and/or confronting him, that might be a good reason to attack.

In any case, I don't think it reasonable to characterize the situation as Zimmerman being randomly victimized without any context.

This could get confusing for someone not at all familiar with the case. They might think there are two shooting victims; the young man who confronts/attacks a threatening older man on the street at night, and 2) the innocent child who was stalked and attacked while walking home with nothing but candy and a soft drink.

Of course, they are one and the same person, just characterised differently depending on the point trying to be proven.

The same could be said of Zimmerman. Was he a bumbling, cop-wannabe who got beaten up by a child, or was he a cold-blooded, racist to the core, evil child killer?

I think neither. It was a tragedy brought about by decisions on both sides that each would change if they had the chance.

Edited by mopar71

More news on the very fishy Juror B37:

A lot has been made about the controversial Zimmerman Trial Juror B37. First she appeared on Anderson Cooper and made comments expressing sympathy and support for Zimmerman. But she really sparked an outrage by announcing — fewer than 48 hours after George Zimmerman was declared Not Guilty — that she’d signed a book deal.

Thus ends one of the dumbest attempts at exploitation imaginable. Juror B37′s decision to originally pursue the book deal was insensitive at best and revealing of serious issues with the jury at worst.
Edited by Jingthing

So basically if I get into a fight for whatever reason, and I happen to be winning that fight, I can legally have my brains blown out. Goodness me.

Legal or illegal is meaningless to the guy getting his brains blown out. Whenever you get in a street fight you can't count on everyone fighting fair or that you won't get seriously injured or killed. It's just not worth fighting. This is where Trayvon's age and experience probably did come into play. As the texts and videos on his phone showed, he was no stranger to schoolyard fights where someone gets their butt kicked and that's the end of it. At least until they meet again. If anything positive comes from this tragedy, hopefully some other young men will think twice before fighting a stranger. Sadly, the events since the verdict seem to show that the lesson learned was to gang up on strangers instead of one-on-one fights.

It's very meaningful to the guy pulling the trigger tho isn't it. In the real world fights happen all the time. They just aren't usually a problem unless cretins are armed to the teeth.

The only lesson I see is you wanna be the one packing the gun. Enjoy Wild West America

The lesson here, and it is the very lesson that I attempt to instill in my own children, is that living in the USA you never ever get involved in any altercation, that you always back off from any argument, because you never know which idiot, which short-tempered lout, is carrying a firearm. Because in the USA any moron can legally walk around carrying a gun and many do.

Step by step guide on how to avoid getting shot and killed by George Zimmerman

If you follow these simple and easy steps, then you, too, can avoid getting shot and killed by George Zimmerman.

Step #1: Don’t pin George Zimmerman down on the ground.

Step #2: Don’t break George Zimmerman’s nose.

Step #3: Don’t give George Zimmerman two black eyes.

Step #4: Don’t repeatedly slam George Zimmerman’s head on the pavement.

That’s it. Just four simply, easy steps.

It works for me.

And if you follow these steps, it will work for you too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvrpp4SODBE

z-2.jpg

zz.jpg

Edited by NeverSure

Insignificant injuries as the EMS said in the report. My kid's looked worse falling over in the playground.

You can try and paint this nonsense any way you like, and the prosecution certainly did, but those injuries are exactly how the EMS described them: Minor.

• Like 2

I note the reference to trace amounts of THC in Treyvon Martin and the attempt to link it to violent behaviour.

THC makes people lethargic and slows down their reflexes. One should not rely on Reefer Madness for guidance in that regard.

However, if one wishes to discuss drug use, let's look at Zimmerman, and his use of drugs. Wasn't George taking 2 potent drugs? Temazepam and Adderall are medications that can cause problematic side effects including agitation and mood swings. Why is a trace amount of THC in Martin considered significant, and yet George gets a pass on 2 potent drugs?

Oh yes, it's not appropriate to mention the likelihood that Zimmerman was a pill popping legal druggie. Well balanced people don't need drugs like this. It's not politically correct to mention the dugs as it might upset mental health advocates.

Remember when Rush Limbaugh was arrested for all those narcotics? A veritable junkie that would point his finger at people who used marijauna.

Apparently he needed some marijuana that night then if that would have toned down his aggressiveness.

Ristoril is about as benign as it gets and saying this cause psychosis speaks volumes. Do you fully understand black box warnings and why their used.

Black box warning from gram negative antibiotics such as cipro, levaquin, avelox and etc., include agitation, anxiousness and etc.

Adderall has a calming effect on someone with ADHD or ADD. Have you examined or diagnosed Zimmerman to rule out ADHD or ADD to see whether Adderall would have a calming effect or a stimulant effect?

Zimmerman's medications are prescribed legally by a doctor. Martin's use of marihuana was illegal.

Well balanced people thing show ignorance. Many children and adults have medical issue that Adderall is necessary to treat so that they can function at a normal level in life. This is called a disability and is no different than a cancer patient needing opiates to provide pain relief on a daily basis or a diabetic needing insulin. If George was taking the Adderall without a medically diagnosed condition or a prescription, then you can call him a junkie and not look like a geriatric fool with no knowledge of medications or health conditions.

• Like 1

More news on the very fishy Juror B37:

A lot has been made about the controversial Zimmerman Trial Juror B37. First she appeared on Anderson Cooper and made comments expressing sympathy and support for Zimmerman. But she really sparked an outrage by announcing — fewer than 48 hours after George Zimmerman was declared Not Guilty — that she’d signed a book deal.

Thus ends one of the dumbest attempts at exploitation imaginable. Juror B37′s decision to originally pursue the book deal was insensitive at best and revealing of serious issues with the jury at worst.

I don't agree with the book deal thing either. I think profiting off this sucks and makes a mockery of the legal system, but the media does this. The media pays millions for photographs of Kardashian's baby, to exploit rich alcoholic house wives on Bravo and etc.

So now the juror is a "Big Mouth" because she cashes in on the capitalist way of life in America created by the media. You would not be slamming her if the jury convicted and she sought a book deal like juror in Arias trial. So who really has the problem or the flawed and inconsistent belief system, you or her.

Some attack the reputation of anyone contrary to their belief system. Many on here slam conservatives for attacking reputation of liberals, Bama, IRS agents, Snowden or et al. when those individuals go against a certain belief system, but then resort to the same tactics here that the vehemently condemn.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1

Oh look, Zimmerman's booking photo hours after the "violent altercation".

rolleyes.gif

zimmermanrotate.jpg

His doctor documented the next day that he had two black eyes and a fractured nose.

Doctors do not document fractures or fractured nose and black eyes based on the patient said so. Doctors will base their diagnosis on a presentation of symptoms and objective findings.

Can you say with any degree of medical certainty how long bruising or black eyes takes to manifest after a fractured nose?

Can you say with any degree of medical certainty what percentage of broken noses can appear straight and how long it takes for swelling to peak?

Yesterday, I quoted 6 doctors saying usually don't x-ray and nose may be broken without displacement or deformity.

Below are basic health care 101 for presentation to ER with blow to the nose. I highlighted some important stuff.

Presentation

After a direct blow to the nose the patient usually arives at the emergency department with minimal continued hemorrhage. There is usually tender ecchymotic swelling over the nasal bones or the anterior maxillary spine; inspection and palpation may (or may not) disclose a nasal deformity.

What to do:

• Examine for any associated injuries (i.e., blowout fractures, zygoma fractures).
  • With minor injuries, explain that x rays are not routinely used or useful, because all therapeutic decisions are made on the basis of the physical examination. If there is a fracture, but it is stable and in good position clinically, it need not be reset. Conversely, a broken and displaced cartilage may obstruct breathing and require operation, but never show up on the film. Send the patient for x rays of the nasal bones only if there is a good reason.
  • If bleeding continues, instill cotton pledgets soaked in 4% cocaine or 2% tetracaine (Pontocaine) mixed 1:1 with 1% Neo-Synephrine or epinephrine 1:1000 into both nasal cavities.
  • After removing the.cotton pledgets, inspect the nasal mucosa for large lacerations or a septal hematoma.
  • Patients with nondisplaced fractures without deformity should be sent home with analgesics, cold packs, and instructions to avoid contact sports and related activities for six weeks.
  • Patients with displaced fractures and/or nasal deformity should have otolaryngologic or plastic surgery consultation for immediate or delayed reduction. Patients can be instructed that reduction is more accurate after the swelling subsides and there is no greater difficulty if it is done within six days of the injury.
  • Septal hematomas should be drained to prevent septal necrosis and the development of a saddle nose deformity. Otolaryngologic consultation is advisable.
  • An isolated fracture of the anterior nasal spine (in the columella of the nose), does not necessitate restricting activities. It only hurts when you smile.

What not to do:

• Do not automatically x ray every injured nose. Patients may expect this, because it is the old practice, but routine films have turned out not to help.
  • Do not assume a negative x ray means no fracture when a deformity is apparent. X rays can often be inaccurate in determining the presence and nature of a nasal fracture. Rely on your clinical assessment. When there is swelling, arrange for re-examination in 3-4 days when the swelling subsides, to look for subtle deformities.
  • Do not pack an injured nose that does not continue to bleed. Packing is generally unnecessary and will only add to the patient's discomfort.
Edited by F430murci

So basically if I get into a fight for whatever reason, and I happen to be winning that fight, I can legally have my brains blown out. Goodness me.

Legal or illegal is meaningless to the guy getting his brains blown out. Whenever you get in a street fight you can't count on everyone fighting fair or that you won't get seriously injured or killed. It's just not worth fighting. This is where Trayvon's age and experience probably did come into play. As the texts and videos on his phone showed, he was no stranger to schoolyard fights where someone gets their butt kicked and that's the end of it. At least until they meet again. If anything positive comes from this tragedy, hopefully some other young men will think twice before fighting a stranger. Sadly, the events since the verdict seem to show that the lesson learned was to gang up on strangers instead of one-on-one fights.

It's very meaningful to the guy pulling the trigger tho isn't it. In the real world fights happen all the time. They just aren't usually a problem unless cretins are armed to the teeth.

The only lesson I see is you wanna be the one packing the gun. Enjoy Wild West America

The lesson here, and it is the very lesson that I attempt to instill in my own children, is that living in the USA you never ever get involved in any altercation, that you always back off from any argument, because you never know which idiot, which short-tempered lout, is carrying a firearm. Because in the USA any moron can legally walk around carrying a gun and many do.

That lesson should be adhered to no matter what country you are in.thumbsup.gif

If you follow these simple and easy steps, then you, too, can avoid getting shot and killed by George Zimmerman.

Step #1: Don’t pin George Zimmerman down on the ground.

Step #2: Don’t break George Zimmerman’s nose.

Step #3: Don’t give George Zimmerman two black eyes.

Step #4: Don’t repeatedly slam George Zimmerman’s head on the pavement.

That’s it. Just four simply, easy steps.

It works for me.

George Zimmerman had worked in a bar as its bouncer.

All this baloney that Zimmerman was weak and couldn't defend himself is as bogus as the fiction account in the above post. The fact is Zimmerman was a bull, a buffalo actually, who could hold his own in an altercation with a fellow goon even bigger than he was. Zimmerman bounced big rednecks out of the bar where he had worked as a bouncer. This is another instance of how the prosecution blew the case.

Zimmerman's gang banger advocates here continue to tell lies and distortions that are maliciously designed to make Zimmerman into the victim. The guilty have been known to self-injure in the attempt to make their lies more credible.

Zimmerman is the gunman in this crime.

Edited by Publicus

Zimmerman will be afraid to show his face anywhere, he will no longer be able to walk down a street and will forever be looking over his shoulder in fear,

And he will deserve every minute of it!!

Over

Cheers:smile.png

Blah blah blah blah and yet for all your bullshit about how tough Zimmerman was, why is it he came out of the fight injured while the only injury Trayvon Martin suffered was the bullet hole in his chest?

Step #1: Dont pin George Zimmerman down on the ground.

Step #2: Dont break George Zimmermans nose.

Step #3: Dont give George Zimmerman two black eyes.

Step #4: Dont repeatedly slam George Zimmermans head on the pavement.

Thats it. Just four simply, easy steps.

It works for me.

All this baloney that Zimmerman was weak and couldn't defend himself is as bogus as the fiction account in the above post. The fact is Zimmerman was a bull, a buffalo actually, who could hold his own in an altercation with a fellow goon even bigger than he was. Zimmerman bounced big rednecks out of the bar where he had worked as a bouncer. This is another instance of how the prosecution blew the case.

Zimmerman's gang banger advocates here continue to tell lies and distortions that are maliciously designed to make Zimmerman into the victim. The guilty have been known to self-injure in the attempt to make their lies more credible.

The case was over-charged, no chance to get a first or second degree murder through. It was manslaughter at it's best. It seems this was on purpose.

It turned out, from another Florida prosecutor Lionel, that the prosecution withheld evidence from Travour's phone showing the gun from Zimmerman (in Florida when you not conceal a gun and show it you get ten years, by using it against anyone - 20 years, and for gun murder life imprisonment ...

Could it be that the young man was upset by being stalked on, argued loud, then he saw the gun, saw red and attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman shot him?

In my understanding when these facts are proven, and lets hope it will, it was Zimmerman who is the actual agent provocateur.

The FBI questioned, I think 38 people (witnesses), and looked at every angle in this case. Not much of that was presented at court. Why?

Edited by wealth

Blah blah blah blah and yet for all your bullshit about how tough Zimmerman was, why is it he came out of the fight injured while the only injury Trayvon Martin suffered was the bullet hole in his chest?

It works for me.

I answered your question in my post before you asked it.

Why don't you actually do some reading for a change, or perhaps you need to improve your reading comprehension.

Your post is sloppy because you don't have a case, an argument. You people just fire off posts, gang banging your way through the thread - all of you..

Edited by Publicus

I ignored your 'answer' because it's ridiculous. He 'self injured' himself. Where's your proof? Even the prosecution didn't bring that up nor did the doctors who examined Zimmerman. You must be special with your ROTC training to be the only one to see through Zimmerman's deception!

Your so called arguments are getting so thin and pathetic that you have to make up stuff. People like you are so pathetic you have to boast about being in the army or even pull 'facts' out of your arse just to support your weak and losing arguments. How sad for you.

It works for me.

I answered your question in my post before you asked it.

Why don't you actually do some reading for a change, or perhaps you need to improve your reading comprehension.

Your post is sloppy because you don't have a case, an argument. You people just fire off posts, gang banging your way through the thread - all of you..

It has nothing to do with guns. Even if you kick someone's butt, they can still come after you later. Alone or with friends. Or they might pull a knife on you. Or they might hit you with a pipe/club/brick/etc. Whatever, fighting when an adult isn't worth it, the stakes can get too high. I am certain that this is not only a problem in America because of gun laws.

Who was aggressive and who wasn't? I think all the jury needed to see was the photos of a beaten Zimmerman and see the coroner report which showed Martin had no injuries other than the bullet wound. Those facts alone, minus the race and media hype would have most if not all people here saying it was self defense.

• Like 1