Zimmerman not guilty in Trayvon Martin death: Florida jury

Lite Beer

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Innocent legally. Not innocent in fact. Anyone with common sense can see the mistakes Zimmerman made that night clearly based on his deeply flawed personal character. This killer should not be allowed to carry a concealed weapon. No CIVILIZED society would allow it.

Not guilty, JT. Not guilty. There may be guilt, but that is for a higher power for that conclusion. Bernie de la Rionda tried the common sense ruse with the jury in his closing statements and it didn't wash.

• Like 1

The jury and a whole lot of lawyers including Alan Dershowitz disagrees with you and the prosecution.

I know what the killer did and didn't do that night.

He didn't stop stalking his victim when advised to by 911.

He didn't verbally explain to his victim who he was and what he was doing following him.

That's all any rational person needs to know about the character of that killer. Now legally still able to carry a CONCEALED gun. When other countries mock the USA for our INSANE gun culture, this would be a prime example of it.

He killed an unarmed boy when he didn't need to. That fact will never change.

The prosecution still calls him: MURDERER. I totally agree.

You are mistaken. Their verdict doesn't mean he isn't a murderer. It doesn't mean he acted responsibility that night. It ONLY means the prosecution didn't have the evidence to effect prosecution under the technicalities of the law where they weren't ALLOWED to consider the context of events that night, which was DAMNING to the killer.

And so what do you suggest doing within the limitations of the law, JT? What are you suggesting be done about George Zimmerman; or rather instead, what do you condone being done about or to him?

• Like 1

Oh look, Zimmerman's booking photo hours after the "violent altercation".

rolleyes.gif

zimmermanrotate.jpg

His doctor documented the next day that he had two black eyes and a fractured nose.

Doctors do not document fractures or fractured nose and black eyes based on the patient said so. Doctors will base their diagnosis on a presentation of symptoms and objective findings.

Yes they do when they are the family doctor doing what the defence lawyers tell them.

If he had a broken nose and his head had been smashed into concrete "25-30 times", how come an X-Ray was not ordered?

No prizes for guessing, Sherlock.

The case wasn't strong enough because Zimmerman slaughtered the most important witness for the prosecution, an unarmed boy walking home, thus killing his way to a reasonable doubt conclusion.

The case wasn't strong enough, eh? How would you manage to make it stronger; with opinion, or as Bernie de la Rionda opined in his evidence-lacking closing argument to the jury:

"use (your) “God-given common sense” to find the defendant guilty of second-degree murder"

What about using the evidence and testimony of the witnesses, Bernie?

"“Poor defendant, poor George Zimmerman, he just kind of took it. He never did anything,”

“One of them is a guy who’s had over 18 months Mixed Martial Arts fighting [training], but of course he’s just a pudgy, overweight man,”

“Do you believe he just assumed something but he kind of overreacted a little bit but it wasn’t really his fault?”

“His body speaks to you and even in death. It proves to you that this defendant is lying about what happened,”

“Trayvon Martin unfortunately can’t come into this courtroom and tell you how he’s feeling and that’s because of the actions of one man. The defendant.”

"That night, he decided he was going to be what he wanted to be: a police officer,"

“Why? Because he’s got a gun, he has the equalizer, he’s gonna take care of it, he’s a wannabe cop,”

“Oh, he’s just skipping away, tra-la-la-la-la” de la Rionda, skipping demonstratively across the courtroom waving his arms.

"He was verbalizing what he was thinking...In his mind he'd already assumed certain things; that Trayvon Martin was a 'fuc_king punk' and he was an 'asshol_e' and he wasn't going to get away this time,"

“There’s only two people who really know what happened out there and he made sure that other person couldn’t come to this courtroom and tell you what happened. He, the defendant, silenced Trayvon Martin, but I would suggest to you that even in silence, his body provides evidence as to this defendant’s guilt.”

Hmmm...are you saying that Bernie should be using the evidence and testimony of the witnesses?

• Like 1

The FBI, the prosecutor, all the main news outlet never heard the 'coon' phrase used. Only you and the 'Daily kos'. Once again, you're grasping at straws. How sad for you.

Insisting that lies are true does not change the fact that they are LIES. bah.gif

deny, deny, deny.

Denials in the face of reality strains any credibility you may have, which is not much as it is, if any.

• Like 1

The FBI, the prosecutor, all the main news outlet never heard the 'coon' phrase used. Only you and the 'Daily kos'. Once again, you're grasping at straws. How sad for you.

Insisting that lies are true does not change the fact that they are LIES. bah.gif

deny, deny, deny.

Denials in the face of reality strains any credibility you may have, which is not much as it is, if any.

Surely if it's not true there's a very lucrative lawsuit right there.

After a broken nose and two black eyes, having my head thumped onto the sidewalk, I too would have shot my aggressor.

This is a small but not entirely insignificant point that I had refrained from mentioning before (as it will likely be seen as a nitpick) but people keep tallying Zimmmerman's injuries as a means of defending his actions (a tactic I question but that's another story):

It is not at all unusual to get two black eyes from a broken nose. They don't necessarily signify separate injuries - so people imagining a blow to the nose and then two to the area of his eyes, are perhaps overestimating. (Just as they may be when they talk about his head being smashed into the pavement as hard as possible).

Anyway, at least you were more honest than some - others say Zimmerman shot Martin for fear of his life (though later suggest with an ugly attempt at humor that Martin was shot for beating Zimmerman up), and don't ever consider that Martin may have been dealing out violence for fear of his, but you say straight out you'd shoot someone for kicking your butt.

... and threatening to kill me.

And I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

I'm not a big person and I would probably lose a fight against any person inclined to start one (usually the bully type).

I'm not aggressive and very likely to retreat if given the opportunity and I would use lethal force only when cornered. So I'd shoot anyone who:

- attacks me with a weapon

- threatens to kill me and attacks me

- surprise-attacks me

- breaks into my home

You have a good point regarding the broken nose and black eyes, maybe Martin did head-butt Zimmerman and then grab Zimmerman's clothes to bang his head on the sidewalk (this would explain why there were no residue under Martin's fingernails and no haematomes on his knuckles).

But this is hardly relevant - the relevant part is Zimmerman being in a subdued position with Martin over him banging his head on the sidewalk after Martin threatened to kill him.

Honestly, if you were in such a position, would you trust the attacker with your life, i.e. trust the attacker to stop banging your head before your brain gets splattered on the sidewalk?

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif

zimmermanrotate.jpg

His doctor documented the next day that he had two black eyes and a fractured nose.

Doctors do not document fractures or fractured nose and black eyes based on the patient said so. Doctors will base their diagnosis on a presentation of symptoms and objective findings.

Yes they do when they are the family doctor doing what the defence lawyers tell them.

If he had a broken nose and his head had been smashed into concrete "25-30 times", how come an X-Ray was not ordered?

THREE expert winesses testified that he had a broken nose - including the EMT that examined Zimmerman at the scene. There was no need for an X-Ray.

Edited by Ulysses G.

NBC is richer and they truly deserve to get sued for editing the tapemto make Zimmerman sound racist when he is not.

deny, deny, deny.

Surely if it's not true there's a very lucrative lawsuit right there.

Edited by gl555

He didn't verbally explain to his victim who he was and what he was doing following him.

That's all any rational person needs to know about the character of that killer. Now legally still able to carry a CONCEALED gun. When other countries mock the USA for our INSANE gun culture, this would be a prime example of it.

You know? With certainty? Are you sure you want to stand on that? Did you call the prosecution and tell them that you have admissable evidence into the Zimmerman / Martin trial?

What is the definition of stalking according to Florida State law. I posted it. You did not read it and are being stubborn. He was not advised. The comment, "You don't have to do that" does not come across as advise in the context that you use differently each time you refer to it.

How do you know George did not verbally explain? Since you claim George is a liar, you are forbidden from quoting George or you will out yourself even further.

From Angela Corey on down, calling George Zimmerman a murderer pretty much describes their personal and professional integrity on many levels; disgraceful.

• Like 1

He can still legally carry a concealed firearm. That is not right. The killer Zimmerman has shown he is an extremely irresponsible man in respect to carrying a gun. This is so wrong.

That is not right to you, JT. If he is irresponsible in your view, then please tell us all what responsible is when engaging the use of a gun that one is wearing concealed. What are your criteria when under attack or threat thereof?

Open season on black boys after a verdict like this

Let it be noted that on this day, Saturday 13 July 2013, it was still deemed legal in the US to chase and then shoot dead an unarmed young black man on his way home from the store because you didn't like the look of him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/14/open-season-black-boys-verdict

Plus 1

In all fairness...

Brunswick, GA has been rocked by the unprovoked hate crime murder of a 13 month old baby. The baby was shot right in front of it’s mother by two black teenage thugs. The shooter is believed to be between the ages of 13 and 15. His accomplice was even younger. The mother was also shot in the leg.

Brunswick, GA is about 60% black. The area where the murder took place is overwhelmingly black. The 2010 census shows the area to be 13% white and 73% black.

The media absolutely refuses to call it a “hate crime.” CNN called it a “robbery attempt.”

NBC National News made their leading online story about how a white male is a suspect in killing another white male. The suspect is called a “white supremacist” because he is an ex-con and belongs to a white prison gang.

NBC even enlisted the notorious fraudsters at SPLC to comment on how white prison gangs are a major threat to public safety.

Think NBC National News would report that the unprovoked execution style murder of a white baby in a black neighborhood is a “hate crime?"

here I have to admit that the picture of one of the Afriocan American murderers looks a lot like Trayvon. It could even be Trayvon had he been allowed to finish the job he began on George and then turned loose on society. JT, I hope you don't mind me using your angle of reasoning on this.

Where are those [expletives removed] at the NAACP, and Trayvon's self-appointed step-daddy Obama and now?

JT, you really have to help me out here with your rhetoric that you used about George. Can you manage that?

I did not bother to re-up the stats regarding black on black murders, etc et al.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1

Revenge? I think more like justice.

When OJ got off for murder, like most Americans, I knew he was guilty and still wanted him to PAY for his crime, REGARDLESS of what the jury found.

I am sure if Zimmerman who was supposedly the ADULT in this scenario had acted more responsibly that night, nobody would be dead.

Now, JT, it is a crime to condone the murder of someone who is not guilty of anything.

How did you say it, and I will make the changes to reflect your implications; "You might think you are innocent legally of condoning the murder of George Zimmerman as a form of justice. You are not innocent in fact. Anyone with common sense can see the mistakes that you make in your post are clearly based on your deeply flawed personal character. Your condonement of killing George Zimmerman should not be allowed. No CIVILIZED society would allow it.

• Like 1

I am a bit shocked your being so irrational and refuse to review the facts and testimony. I thought you were level headed and reasonable. If you can cite countervailing evidence (not you conclusory statements), I would respect that.

Don't be shocked. Just read whatever is being said on the far-left blogs and it will be the same exact rhetoric regurgitated by some posters here. There is very little original thinking when it comes to bashing George Zimmerman for defending himself from being attacked for no good reason.

really ? Where's your proof of Zimmer being attacked? Just more rhetoric from the gun totting ,racists.Fact is a young black boy was pursued by a man with a gun and then shot in the chest and is dead and the killer wasn't held responsible and can keep his gun and do it again .So go and give to zimmerkillers legal fund because he's going to need it in the months and year to come.

So, Allalong, where is your counter-proof? UlyseesG has made more than his fair portion of contributions to this thread and done so quite capably.

Is it written in your code of morals and ethics to condone the murder of an innocent man, or even his flight into exile from the African American community?

I am curious, so that I can add you to my mental list of Black Panther party members.

American law stipulates you are to be tried by a jury of your peers, there was specific legislation addressing your right by a Jury aimed at the Jim Crow Southern states, which also includes the state of Florida for their findings of many whites not guilty of the killing of black in the 1964 Civil Rights Legislation and the Equal Rights Amendment.

This Jury was not represented by the people it served, plain and simple just by looking at the population that 49.7% white and 51.3 % minority.

Some unemployed armchair lawyer posted the prosecution wanted females, what a crock, they wanted minorities on the jury, look at the difference of the OJ Simpson trial in Los Angeles and Rodney King trial in Simi valley (just a few miles from each other).

An all white jury acquitted the police, and they were retried for by the Feds and convicted.

Double Jeopardy only comes into play when you can not be tried again by the same jurisdiction that allows the feds to retry you on violation of Civil rights abuses, Which profiling is one of those abuses.

Zimmerman will be looking over his shoulder in fear for the rest of his life!

Cheers:wai2.gif

And you believe that this is just? Simply curious.

Cup of coffee

Yes I think its just!

Then I submit that you, JingThing and Allalong are calling out for and condoning the murder of an innocent man, either by the implied context or by not saying otherwise.

How does that sit with you, in light of your reasoning towards the defense of Trayvon?

Sooner or later, Zimmerman's use of two drugs, Temazepam with the side effects of aggression and hallucinations and Adderall whch can worsen behaviour disorders and exacerbate mood swings, combined with his self admitted ongoing treatment by a psychologist is going to rear its head. The question a lot of people will want to avoid will be how a person like Zimmerman was able to obtain a firearm. His compulsive calls to the police about afro americans in his neighborhood, calls that identified no criminal activity, should be a tip off. IMO, the man is a functioning mentally ill man.

So basically if I get into a fight for whatever reason, and I happen to be winning that fight, I can legally have my brains blown out. Goodness me.

And what a hilariously easy way to commit murder - walk up to someone, push and antagonize them, until they land a couple of blows, then blow their brains out. Goodness me.

I wonder if the machete wielding taxi driver walks in the good ol' US of A? It did look like the Farang was gonna give him a handy beating so self defense surely? Oh but perhaps you are only allowed to be packing guns there and not machetes? Goodness me

Yes, goodness you... and goodness me in being amazed at your thought processes. You manage to take every relevant law regarding this matter and clump it all into one simple sentence.

Tell me that you are not sincere, and that you do realize that there is more to the written law than your simplified version of it.

rolleyes.gif

zimmermanrotate.jpg

THREE expert winesses testified that he had a broken nose - including the EMT that examined Zimmerman at the scene. There was no need for an X-Ray.

Zimmerman had worked as a bouncer in a redneck bar. He's a bull of a guy.

As has been pointed out by a previous poster, the Trayvon autopsy showed he had not been engaged in any discernible physical struggle.

I reiterate, killers have been known to self-injure to try to make the crime look real. And Trayvon's father isn't a magistrate with clout in the law enforcement of Sanford or Florida, and we already know Florida is a screwed up state.

Zimmerman is a liar but worse, a murderer who bamboozled the jury. The jurors were able to see Zimmerman, unable to see Trayvon Martin.

We know it is a natural part of the jury system that juries make numerous erroneous verdicts. This one juror who already is chasing after the television lights and cameras definitely is a dingbat. I wouldn't trust her to chose a flavor of ice cream, never mind reach a conclusion in a murder trial.

Sooner or later, Zimmerman's use of two drugs, Temazepam with the side effects of aggression and hallucinations and Adderall whch can worsen behaviour disorders and exacerbate mood swings, combined with his self admitted ongoing treatment by a psychologist is going to rear its head.

Pretty much all drugs have possible, serious side effects that virtually never happen. You are really reaching here. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.

Once again, where is your proof he 'self injured'? No one, not the prosecutor nor the doctors who examined him brought that up. Only you. What special insight do you have that makes you so sure he did that? Your ROTC training? Haha

As has been pointed out by a previous poster, the Trayvon autopsy showed he had not been engaged in any discernible physical struggle.

I reiterate, killers have been known to self-injure to try to make the crime look real. And Trayvon's father isn't a magistrate with clout in the law enforcement of Sanford or Florida, and we already know Florida is a screwed up state.

Zimmerman is a liar but worse, a murderer who bamboozled the jury. The jurors were able to see Zimmerman, unable to see Trayvon Martin.

We know it is a natural part of the jury system that juries make numerous erroneous verdicts. This one juror who already is chasing after the television lights and cameras definitely is a dingbat. I wouldn't trust her to chose a flavor of ice cream, never mind reach a conclusion in a murder trial.

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif

zimmermanrotate.jpg

That's both ignorant and dishonest. First, no doctor I know would doctor a frickin medical record for anyone in a criminal or civil matter. They are not going to risk their livelihood for any one. I represent doctors and deal with them every single day. What are you basing your knowledge on? Nothing but bs.

Do you know when Zimmerman hired Sonner? Obviously not, or did you even know the name if his lawyers before Omara? Doubt it. I am curious if you don't know the lawyers or the doctor, how the f do you know whether they would fabricate evidence? You don't? Just more bs.

So did Omara call this family doctor as a witness at trial that everyone conspired to fabricate evidence? Nope. Sure didn't. Think or research before you start slandering lawyers and doctors whom you don't know.

Fact is Mark Omara is a stand up guy and would never do or be involved in what you suggest, but then again I doubt you knew when Omara was hired as your reading this. Lame is hell and is ignorant as those aholes jumping on top of cars in LA last night. You can do better!

Edited by F430murci

The jury and a whole lot of lawyers including Alan Dershowitz disagrees with you and the prosecution.

You are mistaken. Their verdict doesn't mean he isn't a murderer. It doesn't mean he acted responsibility that night. It ONLY means the prosecution didn't have the evidence to effect prosecution under the technicalities of the law where they weren't ALLOWED to consider the context of events that night, which was DAMNING to the killer.

And so what do you suggest doing within the limitations of the law, JT? What are you suggesting be done about George Zimmerman; or rather instead, what do you condone being done about or to him?

How many jury verdicts get this kind of response nationwide?

Everyone knows juries make numerous erroneous verdicts.

The "coon" remark proves Zimmerman is a pernicious racist when he is one on one with a black male at night and is packing heat.

Thousands Protesting The Zimmerman Trial Verdict Have Taken Over Times Square

George Zimmerman was found not guilty Saturday of the second-degree murder of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla., — and many are not happy about it.

Protests are taking place in cities across the U.S., and one of the larger protests is happening in New York City's Times Square. Thousands have taken to the streets to protest the verdict, shouting "No justice" and "Trayvon."

“This is a show of strength, but it’s also a show of solidarity with the family because last night, what happened, was complete disrespect to them,” Imani Henry, an activist with the People’s Power Assembly, told NBC News. “We want to show love and respect to them.”

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/thousands-protesting-the-zimmerman-trial-verdict-have-taken-over-times-square-2013-7#ixzz2ZH81hGlC

Edited by metisdead
Stop the use of overly large fonts to sensationalize your postings.

He said 'coon' according to you and the 'Daily KOS' only. Yeah very believable!

Everyone knows juries make numerous erroneous verdicts.

The "coon" remark proves Zimmerman is a pernicious racist when he is one on one with a black male at night and is packing heat.

Thousands Protesting The Zimmerman Trial Verdict Have Taken Over Times Square

George Zimmerman was found not guilty Saturday of the second-degree murder of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla., — and many are not happy about it.

Protests are taking place in cities across the U.S., and one of the larger protests is happening in New York City's Times Square. Thousands have taken to the streets to protest the verdict, shouting "No justice" and "Trayvon."

“This is a show of strength, but it’s also a show of solidarity with the family because last night, what happened, was complete disrespect to them,” Imani Henry, an activist with the People’s Power Assembly, told NBC News. “We want to show love and respect to them.”

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/thousands-protesting-the-zimmerman-trial-verdict-have-taken-over-times-square-2013-7#ixzz2ZH81hGlC

He was not a "bull of a guy" when Trayvon attacked him. He gained a lot of weight waiting for the trail.

You don't have to be a fighter to work security. You have to be able to deal with people and according to George's MMA instructor and other witnesses, he was not a fighter at all. Trayvon, on the other hand, WAS.

Only one where an ignorant public has decided innocence or guilt long before the facts are known. They acted exactly the same when the DA declined to press charges against him because of a lack of evidence. Now, it is very obvious that he was right and they were wrong.

Once again, where is your proof he 'self injured'? No one, not the prosecutor nor the doctors who examined him brought that up. Only you. What special insight do you have that makes you so sure he did that? Your ROTC training? Haha

The autopsy report is more than clear.

It's also clear from the "coon" remark that Zimmerman is a pernicious racist when alone at night with a black male while carrying a concealed weapon

The explosive politics of race precludes the White House, the Congress, the establishment mass media from focusing on Zimmerman the racist. The Department of Justice is not above politics either.

I anyway don't know why I respond to your gang banger low life posts.. I guess I gain from allowing you to show yourself. In fact, I'm sure of it.

Keep getting your effort to have the Federal government to become involved into the profiling and killing of Trayvon Martin.

In Trayvon's name so his unjustified killing would not be in vain, make the street safe for our children to walk in the future.

Zimmerman will not be in jail, but his life changed completely when he shot that 17 year old boy. Rejoice in the fact that he will never be able to walk down that street again or live a normal life, that for the rest of his life he will look back over his shoulder in fear. Fear that someone will repeat his action of taking the law into their own hands.

No. The autopsy showed that Trayvon Martin was uninjured except for the gunshot wound in his chest, while George Zimmerman was injured. It shows Martin was beating up Zimmerman while Zimmerman didn't get a hit back, except when he shot Martin. Only you and your ROTC training have come up with the idea Zimmerman 'self injured'. Only you.

And now your ROTC training is telling us you know the inner workings of the White House and you're insinuating the FBI investigation that found that Zimmerman was not a racist is a lie? Wow! You really are adding new stuff into this thread! Hahahahhaha

It's always amusing to read new insights about something from a crazy person! LOL!

The autopsy report is more than clear.

It's also clear from the "coon" remark that Zimmerman is a pernicious racist when alone at night with a black male while carrying a concealed weapon

The explosive politics of race precludes the White House, the Congress, the establishment mass media from focusing on Zimmerman the racist. The Department of Justice is not above politics either.

I anyway don't know why I respond to your gang banger low life posts.. I guess I gain from allowing you to show yourself. In fact, I'm sure of it.

• Like 1