Zimmerman not guilty in Trayvon Martin death: Florida jury

Lite Beer

This is incredible, Zimmerman is found not guilty and not only do we have riots, the assault on a CBS reporting crew and Zimmerman's parents gone into hiding after death threats (I wonder whether O.J. Simpson's parents were ever threatened) but to top it all we have this.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-george-zimmerman-doj-investigation,0,4338518.story

The U.S. Department of Justice on Monday afternoon appealed to civil rights groups and community leaders, nationally and in Sanford, for help investigating whether a federal criminal case might be brought against George Zimmerman for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, one advocate said.

The DOJ has also set up a public email address to take in tips on its civil rights investigation.

Barbara Arnwine, president and executive director the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law – who earlier in the day joined calls for federal civil rights charges against Zimmerman, said that later in the afternoon, she joined a U.S. Department of Justice conference call to discuss the prospects.

Little wonder the lib-left foot soldiers act like neo-Stalinist thugs when the example of race baiting and attempts to bypass a judicial decision are openly encouraged by the department of justice.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooner or later, Zimmerman's use of two drugs, Temazepam with the side effects of aggression and hallucinations and Adderall whch can worsen behaviour disorders and exacerbate mood swings, combined with his self admitted ongoing treatment by a psychologist is going to rear its head. The question a lot of people will want to avoid will be how a person like Zimmerman was able to obtain a firearm. His compulsive calls to the police about afro americans in his neighborhood, calls that identified no criminal activity, should be a tip off. IMO, the man is a functioning mentally ill man.

Well, since everything he has heretofore done is not in violation of the law, regardless of what the vigilantes think, then I suspect that this will never "rear its head".

The only reason I suspect that is because the prosecution knew about it and never pressed the issue in the trial. They subpoenaed for those records, but they were quashed, and it never got further than that.

Yes, George was and still is on prescription drugs, but in contrast to what the self-appointed chemists out there say, the prosecution apparently figured they did not have an angle on this. I say "apparently" due to the vicious, unethical and outrageous overtures they laid their claws on throughout this trial. They were throwing everything and the kitchen sink into getting George locked up.

If what you are suggesting, GK, is true, then you will have to explain why the prosecution avoided this issue. They certainly had the backing of everyone with the exception of the defense, and I am certain they have the same view as you; so why did this not "rear its head"?

Why have they not even mention it after the verdict?

Curious, eh?

Good point, by the way.

Insisting that lies are true does not change the fact that they are LIES. bah.gif

deny, deny, deny.

Denials in the face of reality strains any credibility you may have, which is not much as it is, if any.

Publicus, for an individual who claims to have been in and out of the White House, you certainly do come across as a person of questionable character.

The answer to your rant about George using the term "Coons" can be proven as doubtful for the following reason:

• Serino, the lead investigator, and other officers told the FBI that a local gang, referred to in the Sanford community as "Goons," were known to dress in black hoodies. Martin was wearing a black hoody the night of his deadly encounter with Zimmerman

So may I remind you that the FBI concluded their investigation into the possibility that George was racialy profiling Trayvon, and their conclusion was that George was a busybody and has a little hero complex.

Are you wearing a tin-foil hat and imagining that the FBI did not review your "etched in stone" truth, or that they ignored what you believe to be the truth.

Tell me if "Goons" rhymes with "Coons". It does, doesn't it?

Now tell me that it is possible that the phonetic G and C can be inaudible over a phone, with rain in the background?

• 911 dispatcher:
  • OK, which entrance is that he’s headed towards?
  • Zimmerman:
  • The back entrance.
  • ‘<deleted> (inaudible) at 2:22]

That's right... inaudible, Publicus! The FBI referenced the only evidence they could (the transcript) and concluded that the testimony of the lead investigator and other officers confirmed that the "hoody-wearing" Goons were reason to dismiss George's inaudible comment.

Maybe you and JT can get together and rebut this, since he knows what did and did not happen that night, but I think you will have a very hard go at overturning the FBI statement that George was not a racist, albeit he (I am certain) and I are finding it quite difficult to avoid the temptation, what with the murderous intentions and behaviors as well as the lies and ignorance of the whole lot of you.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1

You and only you seem to be the only one who have heard it. No one else heard it as 'coon'.

Even CNN, NBC, ABC, Fox, CBS and even the FBI didn't hear it as 'coon'. Only you. You're either lying or you're forcing yourself to hear the word 'coon' just to win an argument on the internet. How sad for you.

I cited three media sources in a previous post which quoted the 911 recording as having Zimmerman say "f-king coon."

You can site a million looney websites that say just about anything, but that is not what even the prosecution said in court. Think about it. xwacko.png.pagespeed.ic.jGW10VtQsI.png

I've thought for more than a year now of how I myself heard the 911 tape played and replayed on national television in which George Zimmerman said "f-king coon."

Obviously, you think only of denying this, and denying it and denying it. And of attacking the tens of millions of us who heard it with our own ears.

I'd ask you to think about it, but obviously you cannot.

• Like 2

You and only you seem to be the only one who have heard it. No one else heard it as 'coon'.

Even CNN, NBC, ABC, Fox, CBS and even the FBI didn't hear it as 'coon'. Only you. You're either lying or you're forcing yourself to hear the word 'coon' just to win an argument on the internet. How sad for you.

I cited three media sources in a previous post which quoted the 911 recording as having Zimmerman say "f-king coon."

You can site a million looney websites that say just about anything, but that is not what even the prosecution said in court. Think about it. xwacko.png.pagespeed.ic.jGW10VtQsI.png

I've thought for more than a year now of how I myself heard the 911 tape played and replayed on national television in which George Zimmerman said "f-king coon."

Obviously, you think only of denying this, and denying it and denying it. And of attacking the tens of millions of us who heard it with our own ears.

I'd ask you to think about it, but obviously you cannot.

Goons, or Coons? It is now entered into states evidence as inaudible. See my prior post (3 up from here)

EDIT: On another thought, maybe George is racist since the Goons are a trademark of Black, African American punk, drug using, hip-hop, gang-banging, ebonic-speaking juvenile delinquent scofflaws who have the supreme right to be eternally protected by the liberal left from anything and everything non-black whom might upset them. Sound bad! Not really. Jesse Jackson has called upon the United Nations to intervene and review George Zimmerman. Talk about a megalomaniac that you all espouse as a leader.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

THREE expert winesses testified that he had a broken nose - including the EMT that examined Zimmerman at the scene. There was no need for an X-Ray.

Strange that, because I didn't see Michael Brandy on the witness list, and he was the one who examined Zimmerman and wrote the report.

And you still haven't given a reason why someone who had had their head "smashed into concrete 25-30 times" would not be sent for some kind of imaging. Can we say "exaggeration"?

The reason?

The injuries are bogus. He got a bloody nose and a scratch, like any kid slapped in the playground. 25 blows of his relatively unprotected (shaven) head against concrete would produce more than "“Bleeding tenderness to his nose, and a small laceration to the back of his head. All injuries have minor bleeding,” paramedic Michael Brandy wrote about Zimmerman’s injuries in the report."

He got off. Get over it. I applaud the Defence team for burying those little nuggets out of sight, and I criticise the Prosecution for not getting a proper independent medical examination carried out.

But please stop this nonsense about his life being at risk. His dignity maybe, yes, and maybe he felt it was, but if he did he's a pussy.

I have to say the trial is over and I don't see the point in pursuing any further charges in any court.

The result would be exactly the same.

There simply is not enough evidence to convict. Only two people know what happened, one is dead and the other isn't about to incriminate himself.

• Like 1

The case wasn't strong enough because Zimmerman slaughtered the most important witness for the prosecution, an unarmed boy walking home, thus killing his way to a reasonable doubt conclusion.

The case wasn't strong enough, eh? How would you manage to make it stronger; with opinion, or as Bernie de la Rionda opined in his evidence-lacking closing argument to the jury:

"use (your) “God-given common sense” to find the defendant guilty of second-degree murder"

What about using the evidence and testimony of the witnesses, Bernie?

"“Poor defendant, poor George Zimmerman, he just kind of took it. He never did anything,”

“One of them is a guy who’s had over 18 months Mixed Martial Arts fighting [training], but of course he’s just a pudgy, overweight man,”

“Do you believe he just assumed something but he kind of overreacted a little bit but it wasn’t really his fault?”

“His body speaks to you and even in death. It proves to you that this defendant is lying about what happened,”

“Trayvon Martin unfortunately can’t come into this courtroom and tell you how he’s feeling and that’s because of the actions of one man. The defendant.”

"That night, he decided he was going to be what he wanted to be: a police officer,"

“Why? Because he’s got a gun, he has the equalizer, he’s gonna take care of it, he’s a wannabe cop,”

“Oh, he’s just skipping away, tra-la-la-la-la” de la Rionda, skipping demonstratively across the courtroom waving his arms.

"He was verbalizing what he was thinking...In his mind he'd already assumed certain things; that Trayvon Martin was a 'fuc_king punk' and he was an 'asshol_e' and he wasn't going to get away this time,"

“There’s only two people who really know what happened out there and he made sure that other person couldn’t come to this courtroom and tell you what happened. He, the defendant, silenced Trayvon Martin, but I would suggest to you that even in silence, his body provides evidence as to this defendant’s guilt.”

Hmmm...are you saying that Bernie should be using the evidence and testimony of the witnesses?

When a person really, really wants to believe something is true, they will continue to do so even in the face of evidence against it. We see the same in followers of a religion, fans of sport teams, conspiracy theory believers, believers in politicians and now with supporters of Trayvon Martin. It's just part of human nature.

• Like 1

Does anyone apart from me find it strange that a jury member has a 'literary agent' or is this yet another instance of the peculiarities of the US justice system?

It has nothing to do with the justice system. She is no longer a part of the judicial process and any private citizen can hire an agent if they want. Surprising that Publicus can't work that out. Or anyone for that matter.

Strange? Not really - she's not wasting any time in preparing to cash in.

Distasteful? Certainly.

If she were to divulge what happened in the jury room after a trial in the UK she'd back back in court as a defendant so it does seem strange to me.

Does anyone apart from me find it strange that a jury member has a 'literary agent' or is this yet another instance of the peculiarities of the US justice system?

It has nothing to do with the justice system. She is no longer a part of the judicial process and any private citizen can hire an agent if they want. Surprising that Publicus can't work that out. Or anyone for that matter.

Distasteful? Certainly.

If she were to divulge what happened in the jury room after a trial in the UK she'd back back in court as a defendant so it does seem strange to me.

Yes, you already said it seems strange to you. Then you asked about how it seemed to others, so I said how it seemed to me.

When a person really, really wants to believe something is true, they will continue to do so even in the face of evidence against it. We see the same in followers of a religion, fans of sport teams, conspiracy theory believers, believers in politicians and now with supporters of Trayvon Martin. It's just part of human nature.

Indeed. And in some supporters of Zimmerman.

To a small degree perhaps. Except that the evidence was given at a 16-day trial. There were photos, police reports, autopsy reports, expert (doctors/ballistic/etc) testimony, eye witness testimony, etc. Witnesses were questioned by both the prosecution and defense, sometimes up to 10 hours/day. The jury sat through the entire process. Zimmerman was found not guilty of the charges Second Degree Murder and Manslaughter.

At the trial they went over the 911 calls, sentence by sentence, word by word with the dispatcher and others. For anyone now to claim the word "coon" was in there, is beyond ridiculous, it's trollish.

This case really has nothing to do with race. That's just the ONLY way they could force it to trial. How many people posting here know that an older black woman neighbor gave testimony on Zimmerman's behalf? The guy who saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman was also black.

Out of the 16 days of trial, I watched/listened to maybe 8-10 hours of it live. That's not much, but I'm confident that is 8+ hours more than everyone posted here who disagrees so strongly with the verdict.

• Like 2

I don't quite understand what is the point of all these what-if type scenarios. What if the nearby 7-11 had delivery service and the late Mr. Martin could have just ordered Skittles and Ice-Tea and not have had to miss any of the basketball game on TV?

• Like 1

Indeed. And in some supporters of Zimmerman.

To a small degree perhaps. Except that the evidence was given at a 16-day trial. There were photos, police reports, autopsy reports, expert (doctors/ballistic/etc) testimony, eye witness testimony, etc. Witnesses were questioned by both the prosecution and defense, sometimes up to 10 hours/day. The jury sat through the entire process. Zimmerman was found not guilty of the charges Second Degree Murder and Manslaughter.

At the trial they went over the 911 calls, sentence by sentence, word by word with the dispatcher and others. For anyone now to claim the word "coon" was in there, is beyond ridiculous, it's trollish.

This case really has nothing to do with race. That's just the ONLY way they could force it to trial. How many people posting here know that an older black woman neighbor gave testimony on Zimmerman's behalf? The guy who saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman was also black.

Out of the 16 days of trial, I watched/listened to maybe 8-10 hours of it live. That's not much, but I'm confident that is 8+ hours more than everyone posted here who disagrees so strongly with the verdict.

How thoroughly unsurprising that you will concede to it PERHAPS being true of the other side to a small degree.

If you can't see the EXTREME partisan nature of the exchange between many of it's posters, the complete unwillingness to be objective as possible, the blatant and egregious attempts to pass opinion off as fact, the absolute unwillingness to consider that perhaps the whole truth isn't known, that Zimmerman may be in the wrong in some respects (not necessarily in legal terms) or that Martin might not have been in the wrong (other than perhaps judgment)...well, there's no point in me trying to convince you that it applies to both sides because it applies to yourself.

Insisting that lies are true does not change the fact that they are LIES. bah.gif

deny, deny, deny.

Denials in the face of reality strains any credibility you may have, which is not much as it is, if any.

Publicus, for an individual who claims to have been in and out of the White House, you certainly do come across as a person of questionable character.

The answer to your rant about George using the term "Coons" can be proven as doubtful for the following reason:

• Serino, the lead investigator, and other officers told the FBI that a local gang, referred to in the Sanford community as "Goons," were known to dress in black hoodies. Martin was wearing a black hoody the night of his deadly encounter with Zimmerman

So may I remind you that the FBI concluded their investigation into the possibility that George was racialy profiling Trayvon, and their conclusion was that George was a busybody and has a little hero complex.

Are you wearing a tin-foil hat and imagining that the FBI did not review your "etched in stone" truth, or that they ignored what you believe to be the truth.

Tell me if "Goons" rhymes with "Coons". It does, doesn't it?

Now tell me that it is possible that the phonetic G and C can be inaudible over a phone, with rain in the background?

• 911 dispatcher:
  • OK, which entrance is that he’s headed towards?
  • Zimmerman:
  • The back entrance.
  • ‘<deleted> (inaudible) at 2:22]

That's right... inaudible, Publicus! The FBI referenced the only evidence they could (the transcript) and concluded that the testimony of the lead investigator and other officers confirmed that the "hoody-wearing" Goons were reason to dismiss George's inaudible comment.

Maybe you and JT can get together and rebut this, since he knows what did and did not happen that night, but I think you will have a very hard go at overturning the FBI statement that George was not a racist, albeit he (I am certain) and I are finding it quite difficult to avoid the temptation, what with the murderous intentions and behaviors as well as the lies and ignorance of the whole lot of you.

I heard the unedited 911 tape at the time of the murder, when the tape was being played numerous times on network television at the time of the uproar over the murder. The tape was played and replayed. Everyone agreed Zimmerman said the words "f_king coon." The media have transcripts of the tape from the time the tape was in circulation. I've posted one such transcript.

You are directly challenging what I know I heard. Stop trying to sell me a sack of sh*t with this "goon" tripe.

I know what I heard. The people at the tv networks agreed, network after network.

It was decided not to make an issue of the "f-king coon" remark in the interests of not inflaming racial divisions, especially with the nation's first black president. Death threats against Pres Obama are 300% higher than against any previous president. So the police, the judicial system, the mass media and even NGOs have let it lie. I myself have held off on it until here and now.

However, it now needs to be made clear at TVF, here in Thailand, that Zimmerman said "f-king coon." I know I heard it again and again on the 911 recording played on the networks at the time of the murder. I know this.

Stop trying to say to me black is white. You only reflect on yourselves, as you anyway have been doing with your pages and pages of gang banger posts pounded out to this thread and topic.

Sooner or later, Zimmerman's use of two drugs, Temazepam with the side effects of aggression and hallucinations and Adderall whch can worsen behaviour disorders and exacerbate mood swings, combined with his self admitted ongoing treatment by a psychologist is going to rear its head.

Pretty much all drugs have possible, serious side effects that virtually never happen. You are really reaching here. rolleyes.gif

No, I think it is a legitimate question to ask. How did a mentally ill man obtain a firearm?

He had to have a mental illness diagnosed to receive his prescription didn't he? Are the laws in Florida such that mentally ill people can carry concealed firearms?

Watched it wall to wall on website livenewschat ,so need no lectures from the "not guilty" brigade. Zimmerkiller was guilty as hell but with an all white female jury,and hearing the incredible comments of juror B37 after the verdict.He was never going to be found guilty by them.

Sooner or later, Zimmerman's use of two drugs, Temazepam with the side effects of aggression and hallucinations and Adderall whch can worsen behaviour disorders and exacerbate mood swings, combined with his self admitted ongoing treatment by a psychologist is going to rear its head.

Pretty much all drugs have possible, serious side effects that virtually never happen. You are really reaching here. rolleyes.gif

No, I think it is a legitimate question to ask. How did a mentally ill man obtain a firearm?

He had to have a mental illness diagnosed to receive his prescription didn't he? Are the laws in Florida such that mentally ill people can carry concealed firearms?

He isn't mentally ill and you don't have to be mentally ill to receive those drugs. You are reading too many poisonous left wing blogs. Aren't you the one who was so concerned about "smear" campaigns?

Edited by Ulysses G.

You're a regular polymath! You're the ultimate ROTC soldier. You know the law better then the prosecutor and most law professors and now you're also a Washington insider in 'various professional positions'. Did it include janitorial?

I've been in the White House on political business more than once. More than twice. I spent 13 years in Washington DC in various professional positions.

I provide this information as background knowledge, because you raise the question, and to give you more information to run with so you can continue to show yourself for all to read and see. w00t.gif You're a TVF stalker.

Apparently typing based on earlier post. And the polls says, administrative assistant would be the correct term.

In the Congress, the title Administrative Assistant is held by the person who is in charge of the entire congressional staff of the office of a Member of Congress. It's the top staffer's position on Capitol Hill in the office of the individual Member of Congress. The person who holds the top title is simply referred to as the A.A. (Chief Legislative Assistant is simply L.A. etc.)

Very recently, some Members of Congress have begun to prefer instead to use the more common title of chief of staff. That's in the offices of individual Members of Congress - some of them.

The top staffer on a Congressional committee staff has the title of Chief Counsel or Staff Director or Chief Counsel and Staff Director.

Administrative Assistant, or A.A., is a big deal title on Capitol Hill.

Now counselor, you can mark today as a day you learned something you posted about after you made your post about it.

Distasteful? Certainly.

Newsflash! It didn't happen in the UK. coffee1.gif

George Zimmerman is a cold blooded calculating and cruel murderer in the first degree.

George Zimmerman Prosecutors Reveal What They Think REALLY Happened The Night Trayvon Died

George Zimmerman's prosecutors revealed for the first time to ABC News on Sunday that they believe he reached for his gun shortly after he and Trayvon Martin confronted each other.

While Zimmerman says he reached for his gun after the 17-year-old started beating him up, prosecutors believe Zimmerman pointed his gun sooner and that Martin was shouting for help because he saw it.

However, they never presented this theory in court because they lacked evidence.

"I think [Zimmerman] had the gun out earlier … but we didn't have the eyewitnesses," prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda told ABC News.

After Zimmerman pointed his gun at Martin, the prosecutors' theory goes, the teenager began screaming for help. When a neighbor called 911, screams were heard in the background. Martin's mother and brother testified that it was him screaming for help, while his killer's friends and family seemed certain it was Zimmerman.

To bolster their theory that it was Martin screaming for help, prosecutors pointed out that the screams stopped once the shots were fired.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/george-zimmerman-prosecutors-theory-on-trayvon-martin-death-2013-7#ixzz2ZJ7B3ud4