Standing up for your rights

thhMan

You should know that a corrupt person generally is also a cissy and when he see that his victim isn't an easy go he will back off quickly.

but the problem is some of these cissies have guns on their hips, and please dont tell never in Thailand has one of the BiB ever lost the plot and started taking pot shots at people....wink.png

Yes they have, I know of two cases where a drunk off duty cop lost the plot and killed a foreigner.

But I don't see frontpages full every day where cops in uniform have shot a foreigner because he refused to pay his speeding ticket.

Another fairy tale which holds no ground.

Only this case is NOT about not paying the ticket, but about physically assaulting a police officer.

And while you may not get shot, you may end up locked up, charged and convicted as you would in any other country

Indeed this case is not about not paying the ticket, it's about having the right to go pay it at the police station within the next 7 days.

I also never said that I condone physically asaulting a cop,. I'm talking about standing up for my rights.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed this case is not about not paying the ticket, it's about having the right to go pay it at the police station within the next 7 days.

I also never said that I condone physically asaulting a cop,. I'm talking about standing up for my rights.

as already stated earlier in the thread, you can and police has the right to impound your vehicle until its paid.

So if a cop asks you to bend over you will obey to his wishes ?Good luck with that, make sure you always have some vaseline within reach.biggrin.png

I'm not a tough guy, and don't want to pretend to be one, but what you suggest in your reply to me will not happen in this life time.

And I hear the answer coming already that it may significantly shorten my life expectancy in this country, which I very much doubt by the way, but at least I will have kept my dignity.

You should know that a corrupt person generally is also a cissy and when he see that his victim isn't an easy go he will back off quickly.

Are you not the same man looking for who to call for help if someone is near your house? and now you talking about dignity?

If you going to come back with reply, at least have the decency to come up with somewhat related example.rolleyes.gif

If the cop tells you to get down on the ground (for no reason) are you going to argue there with him to keep your dignity and tell him what the LAW is?

Please stop deluding yourself, not so long ago you were worried who to cal in case of trouble and now you big man to take on cops?

No I'm not the guy who was concerned that somebody was near his house, I was looking for a number to call if somebody would be uninvited INSIDE my house in the middle of the night.

If you go back to that thread you will also notice that I would have no problem blowing his head off in such a case, but that would definitely bring me in trouble as it is against the law, to which I want to adhere.

So I wanted to know who to call to protect my rights on privacy, same as I stand up for all my other rights.

And no, if a cop tells me to go lay on the floor for no reason I would refuse that, and I could give you such an example as something similar actually happened about 15 years ago and several members on this forum can confirm that, but I'm not gonna tell you as it isn't your business.

as already stated earlier in the thread, you can and police has the right to impound your vehicle until its paid.

I'm sure you have a link to that law that you just made up in your head to sound interesting.

I'm sure you have a link to that law that you just made up in your head to sound interesting.

i am sure you can scroll back 3 pages and see or perhaps you have a link to prove otherwise?rolleyes.gif

i am sure you can scroll back 3 pages and see or perhaps you have a link to prove otherwise?rolleyes.gif

Sorry but you fail again. First of all there is only 2 pages to scroll back instead of 3, and second I don't see anywhere where you posted a credible link to a law that says a cop has the right to impound your car because you don't have your driver license with you.

And how you think I gonna find a link about something that isn't the law.

Edited by jbrain

Sorry but you fail again. First of all there is only 2 pages to scroll back instead of 3, and second I don't see anywhere where you posted a credible link to a law that says a cop has the right to impound your car because you don't have your driver license with you.

The Thai police have draconian powers. They are more or less given a free hand to do as they see fit at their own discretion.

The law is; whatever the officer says it is at the time. The fact that the OP was not carrying his driving license means he was breaking the law and the police officer had every right to take him to book for it.

Usually the police are quite curious and polite and would not use any types of force just for a minor traffic offense, such as confiscating the vehicles keys, unless he believed there was good cause, for example the OP probably has an attitude problem.

Sometimes when caught up in certain situations we have to kiss a-se or as they say; hold the candle to the devil if need be, that is the wise thing to do when confronted by someone or persons that have the power and authority to make life very uncomfortable for you.

But to be frank, I`m finding it difficult to believe this tale of how the small down trodden farang beat down the big bad Thai policeman anyway.

Im sorry guys...

I understand exactly what you say and agree too...

But sometimes you need to stop bending over and taking it up the arse... No disrespect to any poster...

Before it escalated, I did ask him for my keys back and told him I will pay the fine in 7 days... but he just walked away...

EDIT: Doesnt it bother some of you, reading how westerners get screwed in Thailand daily (no pun intended)... Thailand can keep going down its destructive path, but I am sure, this particular cop will remember this situation as weird as it was

He certainly will - just not in the way you hope...

Tourist places are fun for this type of thing. Rode from Bangkok to Phuket. When we got to Phuket we went to get a coffee at Starbucks. Parked in a big spot but failed to notice the sign that said parking only on even numbered days. Came out to find the bikes chained with locks. BIB showed up 3 minutes after we were out there and said had to pay the fine at the station before they would unlock the bikes. As we had no clue where the station was he unlocked one bike and my friend rode to pay the fines. Oddly enough he was gone for a while. He could not find the place where the fine was to be paid so he stopped to ask a different cop in a store. Cop replied he was going there to and my friend gave him a ride there. Got to the shop and he paid the fines to the cop he gave a ride too. Funny enough the same cop then hit him extra for not wearing a helmet while driving him to the Station.

• Like 1

Trouble with maths, need a calculator?

You are on page 3, so how many pages need to scroll?

I guess no link to show/prove otherwise?

So since you have now stated, it is not the law, that would mean that police can apply whatever regulation they see fits and you do not have a leg to stand on to show them otherwise.

SO just to confirm once again, when you will be stopped and your keys taken, you will argue with the police officer to show you why he can do that, is that right?

Not to say that it is better this way, but in the US, if you touch a cop, you are more than likely going down......they will have you face down on the street and cuffed faster than you can imagine. Maybe that is why I would never touch a cop anywhere, although I have seen it done in other countries.

Mostly, if I feel like I have been done wrong, I try the "What did I do?" routine in English. Speak kind of quickly, insist you don't understand what they are saying and they usually get frustrated and let you go. Of course, I have had a few occasions where the cop wouldn't stop, but then gave me a cheap offer......so I chuck the money over as quickly as possible and get the f out of dodge.

Still.....never touching or getting physical is a good rule of thumb.

If your riding a motorbike you should just carry a photo copy of your license in low dpi black and white with 200b inside.

Play the game, its so much easier.. is it really worth arguing with a guy with a gun over $5 bucks?

I only tell the cops to get nicked if there camped in front of me house and i just tell them what cops live there and they let you pass. Learn the rules..

Not to say that it is better this way, but in the US, if you touch a cop, you are more than likely going down......they will have you face down on the street and cuffed faster than you can imagine. Maybe that is why I would never touch a cop anywhere, although I have seen it done in other countries.

Mostly, if I feel like I have been done wrong, I try the "What did I do?" routine in English. Speak kind of quickly, insist you don't understand what they are saying and they usually get frustrated and let you go. Of course, I have had a few occasions where the cop wouldn't stop, but then gave me a cheap offer......so I chuck the money over as quickly as possible and get the f out of dodge.

Still.....never touching or getting physical is a good rule of thumb.

A good friend of mine in Australia was given the "direction" to move on, but refused.

While trying to arrest him, he bite one of the officers on the hand(police claimed so)

According to my friend, he did not, but when they were trying to put him in a choke hold, officer did not put his hand around the neck, but around the mouth-hence the teeth marks.

Anyhow, my friend was charged with assaulting an officer(biting)

Edited by lemoncake

So since you have now stated, it is not the law, that would mean that police can apply whatever regulation they see fits and you do not have a leg to stand on to show them otherwise.

SO just to confirm once again, when you will be stopped and your keys taken, you will argue with the police officer to show you why he can do that, is that right?

When I'm on page 3 I can scroll back a maximum of 2 pages, to page 2 and page 1, I think you should throw away that Chinese calculator of yours

So because it isn't law, which you confirm now, your statement should be taken as a credible source? Or do you still insist that a copper is free to make their own law?

To make it clear to you, when I get stopped the copper will have no chance to take my keys as I will be prepared for it.

If you go though my previous posts, which I'm confident you did already smile.png , you will also notice that when I get stopped in my car and asked by the highway police ( described as the biggest mafia in Thailand on this forum) for my driver license, I will always hold it with 2 hands while showing him and pull back when he tries to grab it with the words this is my license.

You will notice that each time I get the blank stare, as in this isn't gonna be an easy one, and be set on my way without further questions.

When I'm on page 3 I can scroll back a maximum of 2 pages, to page 2 and page 1, I think you should throw away that Chinese calculator of yours

So because it isn't law, which you confirm now, your statement should be taken as a credible source? Or do you still insist that a copper is free to make their own law?

To make it clear to you, when I get stopped the copper will have no chance to take my keys as I will be prepared for it.

If you go though my previous posts, which I'm confident you did already smile.png , you will also notice that when I get stopped in my car and asked by the highway police ( described as the biggest mafia in Thailand on this forum) for my driver license, I will always hold it with 2 hands while showing him and pull back when he tries to grab it with the words this is my license.

You will notice that each time I get the blank stare, as in this isn't gonna be an easy one, and be set on my way without further questions.

I did not confirm anything.

YOU stated its not the law, and you will defend your dignity but arguing its not the law, only with no proof or evidence to show otherwise.

You hold it with 2 hands and do not let officer see it? so you are NOW saying there is a rule allowing you NOT to present the license for inspection? and they just let you go.?

Now you are tough enough to fight the biggest mafia?I would actually pay money to watch you do that, though i am sure you only tough behind the keyboard.

I also wrestle with tigers, but sorry no one around to see.

I did not confirm anything.

YOU stated its not the law, and you will defend your dignity but arguing its not the law, only with no proof or evidence to show otherwise.

You hold it with 2 hands and do not let officer see it? so you are NOW saying there is a rule allowing you NOT to present the license for inspection? and they just let you go.?

Now you are tough enough to fight the biggest mafia?I would actually pay money to watch you do that, though i am sure you only tough behind the keyboard.

I also wrestle with tigers, but sorry no one around to see.

Ok, I'm getting bored of you now, like so many members on this forum already, because you keep putting words in their mouth they didn't say just for the sake of arguing.

Let's see. It is not the law that a someone has to undress in the middle of the road at the request of a policeman. Can you show me a link either confirming or denying this ?

I guess not, so no I can also not show you a link that says that impounding a vehicle because you didn't carry your DL is also not the law.

However, if it WAS the law and I kept claiming that, I'm confident I could find a credible reference to it. But it's you who are claiming that, so the obligation to offer a link is at your side.

_ where did I say that I refuse to show the police my DL ? If I hold it with both hands, all the information is still clearly visible to the officer.

I also didn't say they were the biggest mafia. I said it is claimed on this forum that they are.

Ok, I'm getting bored of you now, like so many members on this forum already, because you keep putting words in their mouth they didn't say just for the sake of arguing.

Let's see. It is not the law that a someone has to undress in the middle of the road at the request of a policeman. Can you show me a link either confirming or denying this ?

I guess not, so no I can also not show you a link that says that impounding a vehicle because you didn't carry your DL is also not the law.

However, if it WAS the law and I kept claiming that, I'm confident I could find a credible reference to it. But it's you who are claiming that, so the obligation to offer a link is at your side.

_ where did I say that I refuse to show the police my DL ? If I hold it with both hands, all the information is still clearly visible to the officer.

I also didn't say they were the biggest mafia. I said it is claimed on this forum that they are.

Here is a thought, tough man(but who do i call if something is wrongcheesy.gif ), do not respond or read, this way you will not get bored

Edited by lemoncake

Here is a thought, tough man(but who do i call if something is wrongcheesy.gif ), do not respond or read, this way you will not get bored

It must be busy again in that glorified backpackers guesthouse top of the range hotel of yours

It must be busy again in that glorified backpackers guesthouse top of the range hotel of yours

And its relevant how?rolleyes.gif ohhh sorry its hard to accept some of us here actually doing well, and living in a decent area, not in the middle of the bush surviving pension to pensioncoffee1.gif

And its relevant how?rolleyes.gif ohhh sorry its hard to accept some of us here actually doing well, and living in a decent area, not in the middle of the bush surviving pension to pensioncoffee1.gif

Just wanted to point out that I wonder why the owner of such a successful business, read busy, has so much time on his hands to post on a forum all day.

Oh, and sorry to break it for you but I retired at 32, no need for any risky business to earn money to survive anymore you know, which is now more than 20 years ago and I'm not aware of any government that pays a pension starting from that age.

Edited by jbrain

Just wanted to point out that I wonder why the owner of such a successful business, read busy, has so much time on his hands to post on a forum all day.

Oh, and sorry to break it for you but I retired at 32, no need for any risky business to earn money to survive anymore you know, which is now more than 20 years ago and I'm not aware of any government that pays a pension starting from that age.

clap2.gifcheesy.gif ,

You should have done what most experienced riders in LOS do, especially ones on big bikes and that's don't stop in the first place.

Most stupid advice of today
Care to explain how it's stupid? I, as well as most riders I know don't stop for the uniformed mafia but they're on big bikes, not Finos.I know it's hard but you just have to grow a pair.
  • Like 1

You should have done what most experienced riders in LOS do, especially ones on big bikes and that's don't stop in the first place.

Most stupid advice of today
Care to explain how it's stupid? I, as well as most riders I know don't stop for the uniformed mafia but they're on big bikes, not Finos.I know it's hard but you just have to grow a pair.

It is stupid because a policeman has a gun and doesn't mind to use it when you are running from the police. Just show your license, no problem.

I don't need a big bike to feel like a man.

Tried that and got through 3 police blocks !!!!........... it did not go well from there and resulted in a chase with 12 police in pursuit..... cost me some coin to wiggle out off.

Edited by Spoonman