Who is Pattaya's Ultimate Breakfast Athlete

bazmlb

Times up Baz . How did he do smile.png ???

Bens attempt at the breakfast challenge. 22 mins. FAIL, he had to pay.[/size]

But the OP says 30 minutes allowed

Think he couldn't eat anymore and gave up at that point.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I f you were successful then you certainly wouldn't be an athlete ! smile.png

Allow me to introduce Takeru Kobayashi. He's a champion eater and has won too many eating contests to count.

I have no doubt he'd finish that Pattaya breakfast platter in under 10 minutes.

post-34982-0-29446000-1374053501_thumb.j

Edited by tropo

I can actually see me driving down to Pattaya to give it a try.

But I'd probably have to not eat for a couple of days beforehand, AND probably wouldn't be hungry for a day or so afterwards as well.

I think the time limit would be the problem rather than the amount of food in itself, as I'm "big-boned"... - or "ouan" to most Thais.

I can actually see me driving down to Pattaya to give it a try.

But I'd probably have to not eat for a couple of days beforehand, AND probably wouldn't be hungry for a day or so afterwards as well.

I think the time limit would be the problem rather than the amount of food in itself, as I'm "big-boned"... - or "ouan" to most Thais.

The whole concept is absurd.

You won't enjoy the breakfast due to time restraints and you'll probably feel sick for days after - so what's the benefit of it being free?... even worse - it's expensive and more than likely you'll be paying anyway. Save up another 150 and enjoy the Hilton Evening buffet - you'll have many hours to enjoy stuffing your face with an endless selection of decent food. If you're going to get sick, you may as well get sick on decent food with no time restraints.

At least in eating competitions the winners get a prize. Imagine guys taking part in a hot dog eating contest and the prize was the free hot dogs they scoffed down. That would be ridiculous.

I think as a marketing exercise it may have missed the target. They offer you basically 6 of their normal breakfasts on a single plate for a premium of THB96. It is a formidable challenge though and there are undoubtably quite some people for whom the prize of the low season rooms will be irresistible. I am guessing that most will pass on this.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I dont see the point. If I wanted to gorge myself on greasy cafe food I would just go to one of the myriad breakfast buffet places that does it for under 200B.

I had the regular 99B breakfast in the Irish Rover just once but never felt any desire to return. I certainly wouldn't want to eat 6 of them. In fact even thinking about it makes me feel ill.

We need to get real about eating and drinking and sex. God created bacon so that you could have some decent grease to fry an egg in. Poached and boiled eggs are for fruit cakes.

If god did not want man to eat good, have lots of sex and drink a lot of beer what are we supposed to do when our kids are out of the nest.

Bacon and eggs will sure keep you going along with a beer for breakfast. People who worry about what they eat are those that are always hungry. Don't tell me you never tried it.

We need to get real about eating and drinking and sex. God created bacon so that you could have some decent grease to fry an egg in. Poached and boiled eggs are for fruit cakes.

If god did not want man to eat good, have lots of sex and drink a lot of beer what are we supposed to do when our kids are out of the nest.

Bacon and eggs will sure keep you going along with a beer for breakfast. People who worry about what they eat are those that are always hungry. Don't tell me you never tried it.

Only the beer biitbiggrin.png

The thought alone, lets me vomit-boy01-vomit--sifksy2.gif

Especially the beer bit is more than disgusting...

But ok, this might be caused by the fact, that I am not English, Irish or American. wink.png

Edited by Turkleton

In my prime I would have smashed the food very easily but that 30 minute limit is tough. Have had much bigger challenges than that normally with a whole chicken perched on the top.

Agree at 690 Baht you'd have a good feed whatever !

• 2 weeks later...

I have thought about the deal, and i'll pass on this one.

Reasons: for 1/3 of the cost, i can eat more bacon,

while at the same time not being force-fed with mushrooms, sausages, and beans.

So tnx, but no tnx.

Edited by poanoi