Anyone Got "itunes" ?

Neeranam

All you PC "neanderthals" will now courtesy of Apple to able to load Windows ~XP onto a fantastic, slick superfast Mac.... coming to a store near you!! Released yesterday Apple Bootcamp allows users to dual boot either Windows or Mac OSX.

:o

Well I have yet to discover what its for! so I dont use it! Mind you I only play my own music collection so I guess its something like winmx or similar, no doubt someone will enlighten me one day! :o

I-tunes is outstanding in conjunction with an ipod that holds 5000 songs and fits in my shirt pocket like a mobile phone. I love that ipod. Have a small pair of great sounding speaks that go with me on trips as well. Name the group and/or song and it's in there

Guest endure
All you PC "neanderthals" will now courtesy of Apple to able to load Windows ~XP onto a fantastic, slick superfast Mac....

That's the Mac with the Intel dual-core processor, right? :o:D

I-tunes is outstanding in conjunction with an ipod that holds 5000 songs and fits in my shirt pocket like a mobile phone. I love that ipod. Have a small pair of great sounding speaks that go with me on trips as well. Name the group and/or song and it's in there

MC, how much did you pay for your Ipod? Do you know if they're cheaper in thailand?

MC, how much did you pay for your Ipod? Do you know if they're cheaper in thailand?

Dont bother with an ipod. Completely overrated, very expensive and a crap battery life. I have got a sony nw-hd3. Bought on ebay for £100. It has a 20gig hard drive and a 30 hour battery life. So far i have put about 4000 songs on there and i havent even used half the storage capacity. A 20 gig ipod is going to set you back well over £200

The sound quality is great as you would expect from a sony. The one downside is the software that comes with it, sonic stage 2.3. This is crap and very difficult to use, but all you have to do is download their latest version off the net sonic stage 3 i think, and that works great :o

The sound quality is great as you would expect from a sony. The one downside is the software that comes with it, sonic stage 2.3. This is crap and very difficult to use

yeah, Sony equipment is usually pretty spot-on.

the downsides are the confusing software as you said and unless you fancy reading a rival to war and peace, the instruction booklets are way over the top :o .

:D

The sound quality is great as you would expect from a sony. The one downside is the software that comes with it, sonic stage 2.3. This is crap and very difficult to use

yeah, Sony equipment is usually pretty spot-on.

the downsides are the confusing software as you said and unless you fancy reading a rival to war and peace, the instruction booklets are way over the top :o .

:D

The updated version of sonic stage is childs play, and i am one of these people that never reads the instruction book. The sony is simplicity at its best, it took all of 10 minutes to work out what the buttons do, sonic stage old version took me hours, new version 10 minute to work out :D

I love my ipod and the very cool way it links to itunes. It would be more expensive in thailand than the US, likely a lot more. stuff like that is never cheaper here when you have so many options where to buy in US. competition is alive and well there and great deals can be had. Here prices tend not to vary much as evidenced by sales at large store where discounts are a pittance compared to the buy 1 get 1's in the US. I got my pod used for $100 in perfect condition

Edited by monochaser

I love my ipod and the very cool way it links to itunes. It would be more expensive in thailand than the US, likely a lot more. stuff like that is never cheaper here when you have so many options where to buy in US. competition is alive and well there and great deals can be had. Here prices tend not to vary much as evidenced by sales at large store where discounts are a pittance compared to the buy 1 get 1's in the US. I got my pod used for $100 in perfect condition

You won't think its so great when the battery dies, and probably real soon. A nice marketing ploy by Apple - the battery is non replaceable you have to ship the iPod back to Aple for a replacement unit - at a price! And you lose your onoard iPod music library data unless you have had the foresight to back it up elsewhere.

I've got my ipod tunes in 2 separate i tunes on 2 puters. like who on earth wouldn't have their tunes backed up???

I'm not worried about the battery as my son is a macintosh doctor who repairs pods and resells them. where do ya think I got mine???

• 1 year later...
Congrats on discovering i-tunes. I've been using it for 2 years and I love it. Guess it takes that long to make it's way to the sticks on snail internet connections

Actually I have high speed ADSL internet.

Whatever happened to Monochaser?

Wow, quite a lot of misinformation, and sometimes just pain stupdi statements, from the usual "I hate iTunes" and "The iPod Sucks" crowd... Seeing as how this thread goes back about 18 months or so, I wonder how that Sony player, and those cheap $50 MP3 players are doing.

You won't think its so great when the battery dies, and probably real soon. A nice marketing ploy by Apple - the battery is non replaceable you have to ship the iPod back to Aple for a replacement unit - at a price!
Probably one of the more misinformed statements in this thread - seeing as the batteries, when properly cared for, will be reduced to 80% of capacity after 2-3 years (my first generation iPod battery still holds nearly 10 hours of the original charge). The key is to charge and discharge and condition them regularly -- this applies to ALL devices, including Sony and Generic MP3 players. The difference is that most dumb folks will just throw out a perfectly good battery, instead of reconditioning it, because they can't be bothered to read simple instructions... That doesn't make the product bad, it just makes the user, at best, misinformed, at worst, plain dumb.

For those truly worried, you can get AppleCare for your iPod for $50 (US), which extends the iPod warranty to three years, and is valid worldwide.

And you lose your onoard iPod music library data unless you have had the foresight to back it up elsewhere.
Probably THE most misinformed statement on this thread. I really wish that folks that have no clue what they are talking about would not pontificate.

Considering that the iPod is merely an exact duplicate of your iTunes library, it is rather doubtful that even if your iPod were steamrollered, that you iTunes liberary were to be affected. It is true that most repairs at Apple involve simply giving the customer a new device, and this is easily done as the customer plugs this new iPod in to his iTunes, and within minutes, his iPod is restored. Duh!

(Of course, it is *ALSO* a good idea to keep the iTunes library backed up somewhere else, regardless)

I just discovered the new Windows player and like it a lot.

The new Windows player is as good but once you own the Ipod then iTune is the one to go with it. Supply songs/MV/movies you could purchase. Of course you know all that.