What's happened to the weather radar

tolsti

After a couple of days of being unavailable the link to the English version of the TMD site has reappeared.

However Phuket radar loop and Phuket 120 + 240K are no longer listed.

<deleted> ?

LiK is living in the past. Greenwich Middle Time no longer exists as it's replaced by Universal time (UT).

NKM needs Dhamma lessons to live on the moment. If the radar was offline before, it might work at the moment.

:)

Actually the rain radar has been working pretty well for long time. There is no discussion when it's working perfectly, just when it does not work. Has the rain radar visibility been good for middle and southern Phuket good lately?

LiK is living in the past. Greenwich Middle Time no longer exists as it's replaced by Universal time (UT).

NKM needs Dhamma lessons to live on the moment. If the radar was offline before, it might work at the moment.

smile.png

Actually the rain radar has been working pretty well for long time. There is no discussion when it's working perfectly, just when it does not work. Has the rain radar visibility been good for middle and southern Phuket good lately?

Silly me, I thought GMT was "Greenwich Mean Time" - not "Greenwich Middle Time."

Just goes to show, Oilinki may be right, I must be living in the past. smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

Silly me, I thought GMT was "Greenwich Mean Time" - not "Greenwich Middle Time."

Just goes to show, Oilinki may be right, I must be living in the past. smile.png:)

Uh, my mistake. I just wanted to be positive.

Mean people are what they are, but the ones who come from middle ages times, can still be teached to be modern citizens who are nice to each other. whistling.gif

Just goes to show, Oilinki may be right, I must be living in the past. smile.pngsmile.png

Uh, my mistake. I just wanted to be positive.

Mean people are what they are, but the ones who come from middle ages times, can still be teached to be modern citizens who are nice to each other. whistling.gif

By the way it has been UTC for decades now. Yep, I was a radio geek...

LiK is living in the past. Greenwich Middle Time no longer exists as it's replaced by Universal time (UT)

I guess I still think of GMT, but it's not UT, it's UTC (Universal Time Constant) which mainly came about with introduction of GPS (Global Position System) some 35 years ago.

• Like 1

smile.png

You too, are out of date.

GMT = Greenwich Mean Time.

Replaced by:-

UTC = Universal Time Constant.

Replaced by:-

Zulu Time.

Frankly, who cares. A rose by any other name etc.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

I find it extremely useful for instance when arriving at the golf course and its raining, a quick look at the radar and its normally possible to work out if its just starting or going to stop soon, decision can be made whether to play or go straight to the pub.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app