Why Mosquitoes Pick On You.......

theblether

Interesting article from the Smithsonian.

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2013/07/why-do-mosquitoes-bite-some-people-more-than-others/?utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=buffer3a91c&utm_medium=twitter

they pick on me big style when I first get here then it settles down, I reckon it's eating Thai food has a lot to do with it.

Nope, the word goes around that a Scottish restaurant has opened.

After a while the mosquito news food review say "All they had was haggis.."

Tell the mossies in the North of Scotland they dont know that.

Midges, a tenth of the size and ten times more ferocious. I hate them. sad.png Oh and it's the female midges too that do the biting.

Interesting about the bacteria on the ankles being an attraction, it's always my ankles and lower legs that get attacked. I think I'll do that vinegar scrub thing just for safeties sake.

Midges, a tenth of the size and ten times more ferocious. I hate them. sad.png Oh and it's the female midges too that do the biting.

Interesting about the bacteria on the ankles being an attraction, it's always my ankles and lower legs that get attacked. I think I'll do that vinegar scrub thing just for safeties sake.

I dont know if you remember there was a TV series Robin of Sherwood staring Jason Connery that they shot in Northern Scotland in the summer months well the actors and crew where eaten alive by the wee beasties nearly to the degree of moving somewhere else.

You would have thought that his old man would have mentioned the little critters .

If some day a product should be available that strictly limits Mosquito-attacks to bovine and politicians = the inventor would be richer than Bill Gates and me combined in no time at all.wink.png

Cheers.

Midges, a tenth of the size and ten times more ferocious. I hate them. Posted Image Oh and it's the female midges too that do the biting.

Never seen them 60 miles east of Shetland,only fog.