Thailand deny Chelsea mascot dumped for PM's son

Lite Beer

Thailand deny Chelsea mascot dumped for PM's son

Thailand on Wednesday denied a father’s claim that a boy chosen as a mascot for English giants Chelsea had been forced to make way for the prime minister’s football-mad son.

A government spokesman said the list of mascots for Wednesday’s pre-season friendly in Bangkok had been drawn up months in advance, rejecting comments by the boy’s father.

“Everything was done according to procedure,” the spokesman told reporters. “There is no way other names were taken off.”

The official was reacting to a claim by Kriangyos Sudlapha, who told the Bangkok Post that his son Noppadol, nine, had been set to walk out with the Chelsea players and had already gone through rehearsals.

But he said Noppadol and other mascots were then axed, with organisers telling him they had been replaced by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s son and other children of cabinet ministers.

Read More: http://www.sportlive.co.za/soccer/british/2013/07/17/thailand-deny-chelsea-mascot-dumped-for-pm-s-son

--SportLive 2013-07-17

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She just made a claim that the Government was going to be transparent in all it's doings.

Well she is sure transparent in this one. Out of how many hundreds of thousand eligible kids in Thailand her son happened to be the best choice.

Speaking of transparency I wonder what she would look like if she was to wash all the make up off her face and just dry it.

Just wondering. That would be transparency wouldn't it?

• Like 1

This spoilt brat and his can cry all they want,as this kid was a mascot for man u last week,so i agree he be given the boot so to speak,What i dont agree with is the pm son ,and where is the pm husband? are they now divorced?

This spoilt brat and his can cry all they want,as this kid was a mascot for man u last week,so i agree he be given the boot so to speak,What i dont agree with is the pm son ,and where is the pm husband? are they now divorced?

If i recall correctly, they were never legally married (registered)..

a claim by Kriangyos Sudlapha, who told the Bangkok Post that his son Noppadol, nine, had been set to walk out with the Chelsea players and had already gone through rehearsals

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how his kid was picked in the first place? :unsure:

Chelsea F.C. surely have an FB page or similar so they can be informed of this disgraceful behavior.

Chelsea FC won't give a monkey's about this issue.

Only in soccer is the practice of having kids walk out with the players condoned. Rather childish for a silly game.

• Like 2