Lost plate

kurita

Hi everybody,

Bad day today I lost my plate number ..,

It was on the bike but I think I didnt fix it well or maybe someone have stolen it ?

Any help please ? What should I do ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kurita

Thanks guys do ypu know how long it will take to get a new one ? Can I ride my bike for now ?

Also im 19 and bike is under my dad name and he is not in Bkk right now ...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kurita

Thanks guys do ypu know how long it will take to get a new one ? Can I ride my bike for now ?Also im 19 and bike is under my dad name and he is not in Bkk right now ...Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I had to wait 48 days for a new plate on my Bike but it wasn't an expensive replacement.

Thanks guys do ypu know how long it will take to get a new one ? Can I ride my bike for now ? Also im 19 and bike is under my dad name and he is not in Bkk right now ... Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good news you found your plate thumbsup.gif

But just for info...this happened to my neighbour last week, first a trip to police to make report, then DLT and was told 3 months wait for the new one. She was given piece of paper to show the plate was lost and replacement applied for.

• 2 weeks later...

Good..... there is a recent topic.

Yesterday i lost my plate too,,somewhere on the gravelroads, backtracked 20km's but no luck finding it.

All is clear what to do but....( same same but different) my bike is registerd in Korat province but i live in Buriram, province.

Can i apply at the local DLT or will i have to go to Korat??

Related question.. Can one not go out to one of these plate shops they have everywhere and make a new one for 250thb? With all the right papaer it should not be a problem right?

Good question... didn't think about that, even when those plates are not official,it would be an easy and fast way out.

I don't think the police check plates if they have the right ( stamped in) markings, they only look if the tax is valid.

It looks like posting in this thread brings luck ...... I also found my plate.

Today i went back again, and when we asked some fisherman near a small wooden bridge we where lucky...they found it.

They all remembered the Farang passing by on the "big" bike (KLX 250) the guy who had picked it up gave us directions to his house were his wife handed the plate over, a finders fee and everybody happy ( they even wrote down the "lucky" plates number for the next lottery ticket)

Saves me a lot of fuss but, at least i know what to do, when losing another plate.

• Like 1