Phuket man arrested for child’s eight-year ordeal

Lite Beer

Phuket man arrested for child’s eight-year rape ordeal
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A man who repeatedly raped his stepdaughter for eight years was arrested in Thalang yesterday

The rapes by Nitthaya Kamnuengkarn, 40, began when the girl was just five years old. She is now 13.

The mother of the girl told police that she had come home early from work on Thursday to find all doors and windows of her house closed. She went round to another door, which was not locked and, as she opened it, saw her daughter run from Nitthaya’s bedroom to the bathroom.

The child stayed in the bathroom for a long while before emerging. She then told her mother about the multiple rapes over eight years, saying that Nitthaya had threatened that if she told anyone “she would be killed”.

Nitthaya admitted raping a minor below the age of 15 and is now undergoing further questioning by police.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-man-arrested-for-child%E2%80%99s-eight-year-rape-ordeal-40934.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-07-20

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think that world over .... The death penalty should be in force for sexual offenses on minors of any age up to the age of acceptable adult consentment ... as to what that age should be ...? Yes .. debatable !...There is so much and so many infant / child rapes happening all over the world which lead to many other crimes committed thereafter by these very same victims who then themselves get undue severe punishments for acts they do caused by the abuses they themselves went through ... but that their abusers got away with for years as they were too scared to expose them .... the violaters that is !! It is all very sad and where is the limit of control & punishment that won't on the other hand make people subdued to overwhelming police monitoring & control ...

• Like 2

Hope this bastard get what he deserves!bah.gif

Like being the sextoy for the other inmates for the next 20 years!!

"Like being the sextoy for the other inmates for the next 20 years!!"

No way, because the other prisoners would never be sexualy interested in an old man.

My niece went through a similar experience at the hands of her stepfather, this poor girl will be suffering for many years to come. I hope the pig who did this horrible thing to that poor little girl gets all he deserves, and no amount of compensation will be sufficient to recompense for what her stepfather did to her.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I agree with you 100% but I was also add a daily flogging for the bastard and Castration. I am quite sure the "honest inmates" of Thai Jails are like those in many other countries and are revolted by people such as this creature. The "fellow inmates" have some SPECIAL Treatment for this type of person.

• Like 2

I honestly think that world over .... The death penalty should be in force for sexual offenses on minors of any age up to the age of acceptable adult consentment ... as to what that age should be ...? Yes .. debatable !...There is so much and so many infant / child rapes happening all over the world which lead to many other crimes committed thereafter by these very same victims who then themselves get undue severe punishments for acts they do caused by the abuses they themselves went through ... but that their abusers got away with for years as they were too scared to expose them .... the violaters that is !! It is all very sad and where is the limit of control & punishment that won't on the other hand make people subdued to overwhelming police monitoring & control ...

Sorry, but I don't get the logic here. You wrote that the abuse leads "to many other crimes committed thereafter by these very same victims who then themselves get undue severe punishments for acts they do caused by the abuses they themselves went through" [my bolding] while at the same time advocating the death penalty for these people...

I personally don't know what the 'solution' is. The death penalty may be an appropriate punishment, but I doubt it will significantly impact how widespread this sort of thing is.

• Like 1

Even though I can't possibly fathom what this poor little girl went through, I hope and pray for her to be able to live a normal and happy life after this ordeal.

The only good I get out of this story is that it appears (at least to me) that today more and more Thai women won't buckle under the pressure of domestic violence and bring husbands to justice, whereas this would seldomly happen some 20 years ago.

I am tempted to write here though that I can't understand how, as a mother, she was unable to "read the signs" and become suspicious much earlier within those eight years, but perhaps this is an unfair thing to say...

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

hard to believe the mother didn't know what was going on for 8 years! but i guess it happens.

I have a good friend back 'home' who went through the same thing with her biological father. The way she put it, she figures her mother must have known in some sense, but was unable to deal with it so basically denied it to herself (i.e., 'denial' in the psychological sense) and made sure that she would never have to confront it. [The police eventually got the guy on other similar abuses involving a non-family-member].

The good news is that my friend, while naturally scarred by this experience, has created a good life for herself: a PhD, a top-notch career, and a strong marriage (with a police officer). I hope the girl in this case finds her way as well....

• Like 2

I seriously doubt that this could have gone on for 8 long years without the mother's suspicions being aroused.I worked in the prison service for 26 years and in that time saw a frightful number of women visiting their paedophile husbands who had been molesting their children.The wife probably met another guy or just got fed up with this one!

So what you are saying is kill the perpetrators unless they themselves were victims when they were young? Doesn't that kind of open up the door for anyone to say "Yep, I was abused. Sorry, I'm not responsible for my actions."

Your post uses circular logic and is thus irrational, but most posts on this subject are.

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 2

Creatures like this have forsaken their humanity by their own choice, and therefore can not be considered human beings anymore. Any considerations designated for actual human beings should not be accorded these creatures. This also includes imo terrorists, serial killers and any other with a total lack of humanity. They rank lower than viruses, since they consciously chose the way they acted.

"Like being the sextoy for the other inmates for the next 20 years!!"

No way, because the other prisoners would never be sexualy interested in an old man.

How disturbingly insightful.

A Very Sad Situation - But All Too Common here.

Thank goodness the culprit has been caught and lets hope the justice system make an example which will service as a deterrent.

• Like 1

Amazing, but not surprising responses posted here.

A Thai man...allegedly...note ...hasn't been to court yet ......is hung , drawn and quartered.

A similar story where a farang is concerned has everyone demanding natural justice...the mother probably sold the child for sex etc etc ad nauseum, ....don't call him a paedophile as he hasn't been to court blah blah blah......

Sometimes seems as though certain forum members lean towards paedophilia, or at least support those thus inclined.

A Thai man...allegedly...note ...hasn't been to court yet ......is hung , drawn and quartered.

A similar story where a farang is concerned has everyone demanding natural justice...the mother probably sold the child for sex etc etc ad nauseum, ....don't call him a paedophile as he hasn't been to court blah blah blah......

One wonders about some of the forum members at times and what their personal beliefs are.

No, TV readers condemn, no matter the race of the (alleged) perp.

BTW, innocent until proven guilty is for the courts, in some cases it is really very obvious to determine what happened, so IMO can be condemned by TV readers.

What I find disturbing is the hypocrisy demonstrated here by many posters. They have the alleged (Thai) perpetrator hung drawn and quartered based on the article presented.

When a similar article appears concerning an alleged farang paedophile there are many, many posters screaming their demands for natural justice to be followed and the alleged perpetrator is absolutely innocent and possibly a victim himself due to some scheming parent selling their child to a hapless totally innocent foreigner, with the full knowledge of the police, who then arrest said innocent person..

One wonders about some of the forum members at times and what their personal beliefs are.

No, TV readers condemn, no matter the race of the (alleged) perp.

BTW, innocent until proven guilty is for the courts, in some cases it is really very obvious to determine what happened, so IMO can be condemned by TV readers.

make no mistake .....personally I'd happily apply the penalty this bloke deserves. In previous articles of a similar nature I have commented on the obscenity of paedophilia and then been attacked for those comments by the apparent defenders of the practice.

paedophilias are the absolute absolute scum of the earth, nothing compares to them IMO, IF any are on here I just want you to have the most painful and slowest death possible, would feed you all to the pigs if I had my way........

Even though I can't possibly fathom what this poor little girl went through, I hope and pray for her to be able to live a normal and happy life after this ordeal.

The only good I get out of this story is that it appears (at least to me) that today more and more Thai women won't buckle under the pressure of domestic violence and bring husbands to justice, whereas this would seldomly happen some 20 years ago.

I am tempted to write here though that I can't understand how, as a mother, she was unable to "read the signs" and become suspicious much earlier within those eight years, but perhaps this is an unfair thing to say...

It may indeed be unfair to question that in this instance and I personally make zero assumptions about this mother. But the sad fact is that in far too many cases, a mother is aware but does little or nothing about it.

In some circumstances, I would find a mother like that as disgusting as the pedophile - or even more so.

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

In previous articles of a similar nature I have commented on the obscenity of paedophilia and then been attacked for those comments by the apparent defenders of the practice.

Without even reading the posts in question I'm going to go out on a limb and call bull...t on that one.

Sometimes seems as though certain forum members lean towards paedophilia, or at least support those thus inclined.

Wow.

In previous articles of a similar nature I have commented on the obscenity of paedophilia and then been attacked for those comments by the apparent defenders of the practice.

Without even reading the posts in question I'm going to go out on a limb and call bull...t on that one.

Much as it pains me to say it, but Mudcrab is quite correct about some posters supporting pedophellia. Comments like 'she was only just below the age of consent' or 'the age of consent here is higher than elsewhere' rather set the tone.

This person, if guilty, deserves a life sentence. However it's about time chemical castration was accepted as an appropriate punishment as well as jail.

Much as it pains me to say it, but Mudcrab is quite correct about some posters supporting pedophellia. Comments like 'she was only just below the age of consent' or 'the age of consent here is higher than elsewhere' rather set the tone.

This person, if guilty, deserves a life sentence. However it's about time chemical castration was accepted as an appropriate punishment as well as jail.

Arguing that sex with a girl near the age of consent (ie mid to late teens) is OK or not so bad may be a lot of things but it's not even close to support of pedophilia.

Look it up: pedophilia doesn't mean what you apparently think it does. The simply fact is that Ephebophilia is not even classed as a disorder so while there are a lot of very negative things one might reasonably say about a man whose primary or exclusive sexual interest in mid-to-late teens, it is in every sense except (arguably) legal, it is much less egregious than having a sexual interest in a pre-pubescent child and the latter is FAR more aberrant. And a man who has sex with, say, a 16 year old is not necessarily even an Ephebophile let alone a pedophile.

Have I just defended or supported pedophilia?

• Like 1

Arguing that sex with a girl near the age of consent (ie mid to late teens) is OK or not so bad may be a lot of things but it's not even close to support of pedophilia.

Look it up: pedophilia doesn't mean what you apparently think it does. The simply fact is that Ephebophilia is not even classed as a disorder so while there are a lot of very negative things one might reasonably say about a man whose primary or exclusive sexual interest in mid-to-late teens, it is in every sense except (arguably) legal, it is much less egregious than having a sexual interest in a pre-pubescent child and the latter is FAR more aberrant. And a man who has sex with, say, a 16 year old is not necessarily even an Ephebophile let alone a pedophile.

Have I just defended or supported pedophilia?

Maybe not supported but certainly excused.

It's simple. There is an age of consent mandated by law whether one agrees with it or not. Any person who has sex or intimate contact with an under age boy or girl is a pedophile. IMO it is dangerous to equivocate that 'just' under age is less of a crime than with a child.

Morally it may be less bad but legally it is the same.

• Like 1