Has Svensen's Gone Downhill?

ctrunfree

Have always enjoyed the occasional visit to Svensen's, whether in Chiang Mai or in Siam Sq. But after a 2 year absence tried the Rambutri Rd branch last night, only to find in the intervening period that they have not only started using mock cream, but the prices have gone up and the serving sizes have shrunk dramatically. What's going on? Is this just a bad franchise or has it happened across all their businesses?

The problem is the other place that was better and cheaper are no longer in Thailand, so guess Swensen's can charge what they like..

As for prices.......... McDonnald only thing I would every buy is the ice cream, lots of places cost 10 baht, but there are places that charge as low as 7 baht.......... often wonder why ? yes odd places are 8 baht and 9 baht... you would think they would all be the same price,,

It is what it is...a clean and friendly place for decent ice cream. It's a little too sweet for my taste but I do pop in a few times a year for a sundae or one of their seasonal specials. Besides, many of their servers and managers are way cute!

Baskins Robbin's is much better ice cream but the reintroduced franchise is positioning it as a premium brand in LOS though it is not in the USA and charging accordingly.

I find the Thai brand etc to be very good and keenly priced as well.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

They are part of a conglomorate called the minor group which includes, among others, Pizza Company, Sizzler and DQ. Prices have risen notably at all these outlets recently and the drop in quality at some has nbeen noted by many posters. The salad bar at Sizzler's has been a major casualty with a major price hike and a highly noticeable drop in quality. Lost custom must be a sure result.

I used to get a takeaway box there at least once a week but gave up on it about 9 months ago. Like wise, given up on Pizza Co, even when they do their 2 for 1 offer and stick with the HUt.

Edited by Soi Sauce