Thai police experiment with methods of catching hit men

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow so many hit men in this country they need to be classified into 4 levels.

Something tells me this scheme is going to be counter productive.

If the police and the current government are involved, what has been productive? Nothing!

They will find it hard to catch the good ones and easy to catch the part time bad ones, whatever the case, as long as there are some arrests, (for the record) things will end well for the law enforcers and back patters..coffee1.gif

How about levels 5 and 6?

Level 5: Active police officers earning a little bread and butter on the side by moonlighting as contract killers

Level 6: Active armed forces personnel putting their combat training to lucrative use

Fact is that in many newspaper reports (I would estimate one third to one half) about apparent contract killings, the eventually apprehended alleged hitman/hitmen turn out to be in the police force or army; or at least have been employed by either at one time or another.

Now we have another reason as to why the BIB are so incompetent, their bosses are too busy thinking up crap like this

Just what I was thinking. Who the hell makes this up. Ben Elton is good. But these boys leave him in their wake. It's very consistent, like every bloody day.

jb1

"The idea has been initiated by the Crime Suppression Division which believes dividing suspects into four groups and checking their relations and movements with close associates – parents, relatives, and friends – will enable investigators to know how to more effectively approach their targets."

Pure genius, who'd have thought eh?clap2.gif

The category 1 kind of disturbs me. Convicted hitmen who have been released from jail. I got a novel idea Thailand, you could greatly reduce the number of active hitmen in your country if, once you convict them of killing somebody they stay in jail for the rest of their life. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.wai2.gif

• Like 2

From what I have heard, contract hits are done by off duty policemen.

So should be a piece of cake to find them....... :-)

should be a public data base with pictures of all police men , that public can see. from all the country , also military

And I thought Monty Python were on top of the food chain when it comes to excelling in the arts of dark humour. But no one beats Thai officials... Look what a nice and "special" method they hammered up to catch hitmen, well done, children! These senseless 4 categories and the stupid babble describing the "methods" would have international investigators just sitting there with jaws wide open in sheer awe and admiration...

The only part missing to make this one even greater than Monty Python and the Holy Grail would be the following addition to the press release: "Police superintendent Cayaphol Maipenrai also mentioned that police have reason to believe that more than 60% of these hitmen are foreigners without valid work permits."

Edited by catweazle

I had heard of A hit at Udon going for 200000 baht.Also police would turn A blind eye at that price. All of this is only here say. I have nothing to back it up.

Wow, guess the price of offing someone has gone up, or police hit men are expensive. I was in Samui 14 years ago, and had a mafia guy offer to hit anybody I wanted for 10,000 baht that was not a government figure. He was not joking when he said it, and there was a 9mm gun poking out from under his jacket.....

Thailand: the hitman hub of Southeast Asia!

Maybe so, but the Philippines is right behind. There was one guy in our neighborhood who was know only as "5-6". He could walk into a room/bar (the power would be turned off first) and shoot his target point blank, before calmly walking out and driving away. Since nobody ever gave chase, but knew who he was, I do believe he was under an "umbrella of protection". Locals treated him as a legend and would boast of his activities. It was normal to have people come up to you and reveal a weapon under their shirt....looking to be hired. Children get involved (gangs), and once were used to kill a well known Baranguay Captain (My town). Three people I knew well were "hit". One guy told me that he found a single "round" (bullet) placed on his kitchen table. The next week he was shot at his front gate.... The stories go on and on.. After 15 years, it just seemed wise to leave. When you live in certain areas, you have to expect things like this to happen. I am happy to have left....

all a bit too complicated

how will this sound for the average thai policeman that graduated at the average age of 14-15

when will it be clear that police is part of the hitmen team and no-one will catch them and if they do, they just got .... transferred

What's this????????? A protected army of hit man Easy to fix get a police squad and get the list of all the known hit man(the police knows all of them) and go shoot to kill them,Because they have no mercy the squad can do same,,Have no Mercy ! clap2.gif

Hitmen? Profiles? Categorizing? Various levels to deal with? Is this a new video game the police will be playing?

Also, if this is being taken in any way seriously how will 'checking their [the hitmens'] relations and movements with close associates – parents, relatives, and friends..' 'enable investigators to know how to more effectively approach their targets'??? Doh! Won't it just alert them to the fact they're being pursued? If, as it seems, the police know who so many of these people are and yet still cannot catch them, then they're going to have to be a wee bit sneakier than knocking on their mums' doors and asking 'Who's your hitman son been bumping off and where's he been hiding out lately?'!!! wai.gif

25% increase in the number of hit men in 2 years .... pretty impressive .... the hub of Hits ... cheesy.gif

Seems to happen alot here. Start making money and before you know it there is someone else copying the idea.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app