Scottish Football rebranded

Chicog

Wow they must have put a lot of thought into that.

SPFL: New Scottish league brands unveiled

The Scottish Professional Football League has revealed the names of its league competitions.

The new body was set up following the merger of the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League.

The new top-flight will be called the Scottish Premiership, with the old First Division renamed the Scottish Championship.

Divisions Two and Three will now be known as Scottish League One and Scottish League Two.

"A mountain of work has been done over the summer to get to this point and I believe there is much more that can be done," said SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster.

"The new league set-up reflects very much the recommendations Henry McLeish made in his report for the future of Scottish football.

_68930372_doncaster_sns.jpg

We should see a stronger, more vibrant championship and more vibrant bottom of the table in the Premiership with play-offs now introduced

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster

"To have clarity on the names of each division and to have a logo that demonstrates the passion, the excitement and the drama of Scottish football, I'm thrilled."

Pressed on the branding's similarity with the English Premier League, Doncaster said: "People are certainly familiar with what it represents and when the names changed in England we saw the Championship being elevated in terms of stature within the game.

"And our sincere hope is that will also be the case here. So many of the changes we've created in terms of redistribution - around £1.5m being re-distributed away from the top division into the second tier; to have play-offs to keep the division alive within the Scottish Championship right the way to the end and so much of the benefit will be about the Championship clubs and ensuring full-time professional football is viable at that level."

Asked about the search for a new sponsor for the league, Doncaster said: "We've only been in existence for three weeks and have the clarity and certainty as to the structure that people would be investing in. We've now got the branding and the names that people can now start associating with the different tiers of football in this country; let's see where we get to.

"With the benefit of four years of clarity and certainty with broadcasters, with Sky Sports and BT, that puts us in a very good place for conversations with partners and sponsors moving forward.

"Today gives us the chance to think about all the positivity that should be ahead and a real, exciting season, I hope at every level of the game. We should see a stronger, more vibrant championship and more vibrant bottom of the table in the Premiership with play-offs now introduced.

"I'm really excited about the future and confident we can look forward to a season ahead where we can concentrate on the football rather than all the off-field matters that have dominated the agenda for so long."

tbh I'm surprised the english prem havnt put together a franchise package!!!lets hope these re branders don't quite let the lower divisions and the natinal team to hang as the prem have, and if you have to ask why, then the way i see it, is that's a statement in itself.

Cosmetics wont alter the fact,that scottish football is total shit,no competition,and the main team are IRA sympathisers

u r a brainless clueless f---- kiiii ngggg ijiot.post-4641-1156693976.gif

Which part is incorrect?

• Like 1

and whilst supporters might have a political agenda i'm sure the football club itself would veiw being called ira sympathisors slanderous.

I think you might have taken the initial comment slightly out of context though. You also have to admit that the standard is poor, and there is no real competition for Celtic at this point.

It's a shame, as in the past it had been a decent league, with some great players.

and whilst supporters might have a political agenda i'm sure the football club itself would veiw being called ira sympathisors slanderous.

. Damn thing posted before I replied Edited by salty

Some supporters. But this would not be unique in Scotland.

I think you might have taken the initial comment slightly out of context though. You also have to admit that the standard is poor, and there is no real competition for Celtic at this point.

It's a shame, as in the past it had been a decent league, with some great players.

Yup when I was a kid we had 4/5 good sides....with some great players as well....now its a backwater due to total and utter incompetence from all involved.

Its a disgrace it really is.

Yeah, in public.

You can't totally eradicate this sectarian bullshit in a generation. Probably not in our lifetime but the club certainly do not promote it.

toady,i'm not misinterpreting anything, he said what he said.

please,,,,all this reminiscing from scots about 'yesteryear' whilst supporting liverpool utd or arsenal from thailand!!!!!! Really. and lets not forget whereas the prem have 4 ish clubs that heads above the rest and maybe a challenger or 2 at best the scots in a smaller div have2 with 1 or 2 pretender/challenger .and thats a consequence of the champions lge money big difference????, and that probably applies throughout europe. But

to say there'no competition in scotland is basically wrong within there own leagues the competition is fierce.

For second place aye.

English prem difference between 1st and 6th 26 points, Scottish prem difference between 1st and 6th 32 points.

Nah mate....look at first and third over the last decade and compare that.

no smokes as ive said how any times now?, the scotts have 2 biggies and then the gap and then the prem have 4 maybe 5 biggies then the gap, same same.

For second place aye.

English prem difference between 1st and 6th 26 points, Scottish prem difference between 1st and 6th 32 points.

And the fact that that the teams don't play each other 16 times a season ha ha.

For second place aye.

For second place aye.

Yup its bloody stupid as I said....two leagues of twenty teams it should be only the greedy top half dozen won't allow it.

It really is absolute dross to be fair. Seen established SPL players come down to England and struggle to play in The Championsip. I honestly can't imagine how bad Jock Division 3 is, but would assume nowhere near the standard of The Conference. The SFA though seem to be totally incompetent.

Yeah, in public.

You can't totally eradicate this sectarian bullshit in a generation. Probably not in our lifetime but the club certainly do not promote it.

What National flag flies above Parkhead ? Just an observation !!

BT

• Like 2