One 2 Call: Balance disappearing

The balance on my One 2 call pay as you go simcard keeps on being reduced to nothing, even when no calls have been made. Internet is not enabled,but i keep receiving messages from AIS. Could they be charging me to receive unwanted messages?....If so, how do i stop them?...Their website is of no use to me. Help please!!

Thanks in advance for any help.

You need to go to the AIS shop in Tesco Lotus and ask them to block unwanted SMS.

What phone do you have?

It can be connecting to Internet without you knowing.

I will do that!....Thanks.(hope i can find someone there who speaks English) .....Phone is HTC Wildfire, Simcard is not used for internet, and is "set up" to only connect via WiFi. Unwanted SMS looks to be the culprit.

I will do that!....Thanks.(hope i can find someone there who speaks English) .....Phone is HTC Wildfire, Simcard is not used for internet, and is "set up" to only connect via WiFi. Unwanted SMS looks to be the culprit.

post-9615-0-30307800-1367580790.jpg

Don't bother going to the AIS shop in Tesco Lotus, it will take too long. Phone AIS Customer Services 1175 I think.

I had a similar problem, which the AIS agent at Tesco told me was being looked at by a "technician", and i would here from them the next day. Two days later I phoned AIS Customer Services, and after a five minute call to explain the situation, was told all will be fixed in 20 mins.

Seems I had inadvertently activated an internet package, and my phone kept trying to contact AIS servers. That's why my money was disappearing.

I got a call from Tesco two weeks later to tell me the technician was "still checking".

You need to go to the AIS shop in Tesco Lotus and ask them to block unwanted SMS.

What phone do you have?

They have a ticket numbering system at the AIS shop - one of the buttons is for 'English speaker'. I just asked them to stop all of the Thai spam that I was receiving. Job done in 5 mins!

• Like 2

Can you share any details?

Make and model of phone?

What number are these SMSes coming from? What do they say?

What does AIS say when you contact them?

My best guess, assuming you really do have any/all mobile data disabled - note that the defaul state on some phones is "data on" so if you turn the phone off and then on again you may have re-enabled data, is that you you've somehow become enrolled in one or more subscription services. There are many, from facebook to "picture of the day", with varying charges by the SMS or per day.

It is challenging for us to sort this out for you without more information. Generally service providers here are reasonably reactive to customer complaints and requests, so by contacting AIS (call 1175, or email: [email protected]) you should be able to cancel these subscription(s) and possibly get a refund/reimbursement.

Edited by lomatopo

What phone do you have?

They have a ticket numbering system at the AIS shop - one of the buttons is for 'English speaker'. I just asked them to stop all of the Thai spam that I was receiving. Job done in 5 mins!

Wow!....Hope you are right......Otherwise i am going to change sim card!!!......To other posters: I have determined that settings are correct.. Etc Etc.SMS are coming from AIS, So i will take the problem to THEM! Thanks for your help!

I had the same problem. My wife got a new phone and I took over her old one. I must have changed something because every time I was in town, I got 49B deducted for internet connections. Since it was in Thai, and looked like all the other BS I got from DTAC, I just ignored it. But after my 500B top up disappeared AGAIN in only a week, I knew something was wrong. 500B normally lasts me a month or more.

Went to the DTAC shop and they fixed it for me in 2 minutes.

I had the same problem woth AIS I would top up ฿100 and with out making any calls a good portion of it would be gone. I phoned to complain and the next thing I know the rest was gone. I complained again and it turns out I was being charged to complain. I have a two sim card phone so I bought a True H card on Isaan you can get True 3G in most locations, but forget about AIS. I bought a True package for ฿399 for one month that gives me some downloads and some call minutes. I mostly use wifi so still have MB left and I make few phone calls so I'm okay there. O still have the AIS sim in my phone and all incoming calls are forwarded to my True sim, so my friends can still call me. AIS is good for a year so I will top it up every year.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app