How high are stocks taxed in Thailand and where can find good brooker?

Hello!

How high are the stock tax in Thailand and the tax on the winning profit?

Is it possible to deal stocks online with kasikorn or scb?

Is it true when I deal with stocks, that u also have to tax them in the eu?

Some eu banks not let my thai wife open a stocks depot!

How are the guidelines in Singapore?

How much money I must invest there to open a stocks acount?

Proberbly the best idea to open a stocks depot there, during next visa run 30 procent tax in the eu is defenatly to high!

What is a good brooker with good service in Thailand?

Want a low price of maybe around 10€

For international trade, in Thailand have the bank or the brookers the better conditions?

This book is available in Thai bookstores and on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Your-Investment-Guide-Thailand-ebook/dp/B005G6ZK9O)

The author was (maybe still is) a poster on TV, but I don't remember what posting name he uses.

Your Investment Guide to Thailand

Bruce Bickerstaff (Author)

Your Investment Guide to Thailand is essential reading for foreign investors as well as anyone considering relocating or retiring to Thailand. It is also a valuable resource for Thais working in the government and finance sectors, who seek to better understand the mindset of the foreign investor.

No other source, either in print or online, encompasses the range of information and advice contained in these pages. The book avoids jargon and sales-pitches in favour of plain English and easy-to-understand tables, graphs, and checklists that are supported by real-life examples.

The Guide focuses not just on wealth creation, but also on the protection of existing assets. It introduces the major investment choices in Thailand—real estate, gold, stocks, bonds, managed funds, and investment in a business—and gives details of past performance for each, together with practical information about how to make an investment. The Guide also provides advice for those moving to Thailand, including legal issues like visas and work permits, and an overview of key economic, political, and social trends.

The book adopts a critical and unapologetic approach in its consideration of Thailand and Thai investment opportunities, exposing potential risks and benefits to ensure that investors make the most appropriate investments for their individual needs.

post-145917-0-26247000-1374945022_thumb.

Sandman, you sound more like a gambler than an investor, but I'll outline some of the taxes for you.

For tax on brokerage commission, this is simply at the VAT rate. Commissions are quite low compared with other countries and are usually based on the value of the underlying trade with a minimum aroungd 50bath per day. Many brokers charge similar amounts but you can negotiate individual rates with them. You can not trade stocks with banks - because they are not allowed to hold a license for that, but many of the brokers are able to accept payment in any of the banks and often have their major shareholders are banks. For a list of the licensed member brokers find them on the SET website.

Secondly, capital gains (I guess this is what you mean by "winning") are taxed in two ways. For individual investors there is no tax. For companies, it is at the corporate rate.

Also dividends have already been taxed at the corporate level so many dividends have tax credits included with their payment. The dividend itself has a 10% tax withheld. The exception is for companies BOI income which has zero tax withheld.

Note if you do have dividends with tax credits you can file a tax return (if you are a Thai tax resident) and claim back the amount of the tax credit plus the 10% withholding tax as well.

Finally, whether you're liable for EU taxes depends upon the laws in the EU not thailand. Usually countries allow for any foreign tax credits.

• Like 1

Taxes are only things you have to worry about, if you make money, but Thailand doesn't tax individuals on capital gains on listed stocks. Boom is good, if you want to invest in its 13 different Asian markets, or prefer to keep everything outside Thailand, but you will not receive any research on Thai stocks from them. Documentation on foreign remittances etc is easier in HK because it has no restrictions on capital movements, nor does Singapore. Some Singapore brokers also let you invest in Thailand and other markets besides Singapore. Jump into the market and give it a shot.

• Like 1

Hi!

Thanks for reply!

I want only deal with us or Japanese stocks in Thailand!

Coasts per trade in the eu over a brooker is around 10 euro here in the eu 25 procent tax automatic removed and

Also taxed 20 procent of winning!

My bank told me here Thailand has a agrement with eu also when I deal with stocks in thai my data must report to eu!

So it looks I must let my wife deal with the stocks in Thailand to hold tax costs low us possible!

What brooker has the lowest costs on us stocks for one buy and sale transaction in Thailand on us stocks?

Google is your friend.

If you can't spell broker I don't think you should be dabbling in shares!!! I think a dictionary would be Sandman's best friend!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Sandman, regardless of your English language skills, you are welcome here to ask and answer.

Stocks are NOT normally brokered by banks as in your home country. Here, in Asia and in the English speaking world, this is normally done by "securities". I'm just in contact with UOBKaiHian, but there are several others, find them via Google, e.g. as "stock broker in Thailand".

Now to your questions. The Capital Gains Tax (CGT), or as it is called in German language (if you are from there) the "Kapitalertragssteuer" (Sichon-Steve, can you pronounce that?) is only deducted from your capital gains, when holding stocks from a country where this tax is normally collected. If you buy some German or French stock, it is deducted over there already. If you buy an American share and there is no CGT on it in the States, then you don't have to worry.

Brokerage fees are different for each securities company,- you need to ask. If you can deal online, that is likely easier for you and also the brokerage fee is lower. My experience is 2% for European stocks, because that involves the broker to become active and call up some partner in Europe to facilitate this deal. Online dealing, e.g. US or Singapore is like 0.3% per deal. But these figures you have to find out yourself.

About income tax and double taxation treaty: Normally the tax in Thailand is lower and it will be deducted here. But also normally nobody will cross-check, if you have to pay more tax in Europe. Don't tell the revenue/tax office in EU, that you have income here, just tell them, you are here more than 182 days (?), which normally qualifies you for tax exemption in your home country. But watch out, that long stay abroad might have consequences for your health insurance etc.

Also, per forma you are not allowed to directly deal with Thai stocks, but you wrote you're not interested in these.

So go on, do your thing, but when you bring money into the country, make sure that is documented, else it might become difficult, if you want to move the moeny out of Thailand...

Edited by SamMunich