Birthday boy Thaksin calls on Thais to rely on one another

webfact

Democratically elected prime Minister on a visit to the UN HQ ousted by the 5 families using the army as their guard dogs...simple innit.

Agree that until he returns (under whatever conditions)then the country will remain divided.

Next few years should be interesting

How many times do we have to read people coming on here with absolutely zero idea of what ACTUALLY happened and making it up as they go along, either that or listening to some red yokel who has red radio on all day at 100db's. Please read the post by Baerboxer above. Thaksin was NO LONGER Prime Minister and was self appointed caretaker Prime Minister. He kept using delaying tactics to avoid the 'overdue' elections. The criminal was not ousted by a coup, the Military stepped in to stop what were becoming blatant moves towards a Dictatorship.

Thaksin resigned as Prime Minister immediately after the election that was voided. He was appointed caretaker Prime Minister which has a maximum term of 6 months during which time new elections must be held. I forget the timeframe but during his time as caretaker he appointed himself Prime Minister, totally illegal. After 6 months he had failed to call an election and it was reported was working behind the scenes to alter the constitution to allow himself to stay in power. Then came the coup or as you say military intervention to stop his illegal actions.

This from memory so please feel free to research and correct as necessary.

• Like 2

Democratically elected prime Minister on a visit to the UN HQ ousted by the 5 families using the army as their guard dogs...simple innit.

Agree that until he returns (under whatever conditions)then the country will remain divided.

Was he still the democratically elected PM when ousted? Or perhaps parliament had been dissolved and the self appointed caretaker PM was refusing to go?

I'm not sure why people can't grasp that. That key fact always seems to get lost with the pro Thaksin bunch.

How many times do we have to read people coming on here with absolutely zero idea of what ACTUALLY happened and making it up as they go along, either that or listening to some red yokel who has red radio on all day at 100db's. Please read the post by Baerboxer above. Thaksin was NO LONGER Prime Minister and was self appointed caretaker Prime Minister. He kept using delaying tactics to avoid the 'overdue' elections. The criminal was not ousted by a coup, the Military stepped in to stop what were becoming blatant moves towards a Dictatorship.

Exactly. Maybe it should be part of the welcome email you get when you sign up for TVF.

Edited by daboyz1

One more time, the same people saying the same things against Taksin every time there's a post. Having nothing better to do than that constantly in SaYaam is pathetic. Get a life. I wish this group had members who didn't come across as lager louts and sexpats.

You're somewhat offensive here, my dear chap. Not all those you do not agree with are 'lager louts and/or sexpats', just like not all who agree with you fall in that category.

Mind you, we do have few members who like to place others into a less favorable category without stating anything useful on the topic itself. IMHO

• Like 2

The interesting part of the cake is not it's size or weight, but the picture with our dear criminal fugitive holding one of those paperbirds he had dropped by the 100,000s on the Southern Provinces to bring peace and happiness, about 8 or so years ago. A great success as many other Thaksin inspired projects wink.png

One more time, the same people saying the same things against Taksin every time there's a post. Having nothing better to do than that constantly in SaYaam is pathetic. Get a life. I wish this group had members who didn't come across as lager louts and sexpats.

Then why you joined?? or were you banned before and now a Newbee??

The interesting part of the cake is not it's size or weight, but the picture with our dear criminal fugitive holding one of those paperbirds he had dropped by the 100,000s on the Southern Provinces to bring peace and happiness, about 8 or so years ago. A great success as many other Thaksin inspired projects wink.png

I remember that ONE of those birds carried the signature of our dear leader™, but when the bird in question was found the authenticity of it was disputed.

Looking back he could have used unwanted Elite Cards.

• Like 1

anyone had any idea why is thaksin so popular?

From what I can see, he uses "nationalistic-fervor" and nepotism/cronyism- to maintain the illusion that he cares about Thailand. ( e.g. TRT, Pheu Thai, "rely on each other," ...)

Simple. He spent a lot of money to buy that support over the years. And (in all honesty) a few of his policies in previous years (on the face of it) did actually benefit "Thai's" to a small degree. However, this was all done whilst raping the country left, right and centre to his own benefit, something most people just don't seem (or want) to see.

So are you saying that the Democrats are so stupid that they haven't yet caught on to the idea that they can buy votes and win elections? Or are you saying that the Democrats are such honest politicians that they would never ever use corrupt practices? My guess is neither is correct and there is no simple answer except that Thaksin is a change from 50 years of the previous establishment.

Edited by Time Traveller

Thai-baht.jpg

It's tough, seems like the poor the world over will not stave to death quietly while the wealthy continue importing the Mercedes or getting thei multi million bonuses. Too bad folks just will not accept that when the wealth gap grows too large, you are going to have big problems.

I'm not sure why people can't grasp that. That key fact always seems to get lost with the pro Thaksin bunch.

The pro Thaksin mob are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Proof of this is their insane belief that the coup happened because the Democrats are evil and Thaksin is as pure as the driven snow.

I don't mind though, one of the reasons I like to read TV is because some of their comments really do cheer me up, they are bordering on Monty Python funny ! smile.png

• Like 2

You're somewhat offensive here, my dear chap. Not all those you do not agree with are 'lager louts and/or sexpats', just like not all who agree with you fall in that category.

Mind you, we do have few members who like to place others into a less favorable category without stating anything useful on the topic itself. IMHO

Nicely put.

• Like 1

"After your massive contribution to the thread, in your 4th post, please remember you are free to leave. No one forces you to spend your valuable time reading the threads, and you can even choose the ones you want to."

4 posts is indicative that I have a life, not spent in some air-conditioned room venting on Thai Visa daily. It is seriously stupid for anyone on any thread on Thai Visa to say "you are free to leave" because the same can be said back to you. As pointless as the shots at Taksin.

"You presumably frequent with lager louts and sexpats if that is your benchmark." How could I have made it more plain that I don't?

Btw, to be fair to another Comment, I am not saying all critics on Thai Visa of Taksin are lager louts and sexpats but the level of reactionary criticism of him is pathetic. There is no evidence of detailed knowledge of his activities. The folks who bash him resemble those who come out from under rocks at sundown to bash Hillary Clinton and Angela Merkel. ThaiVisa deserves better.

"After your massive contribution to the thread, in your 4th post, please remember you are free to leave. No one forces you to spend your valuable time reading the threads, and you can even choose the ones you want to."

4 posts is indicative that I have a life, not spent in some air-conditioned room venting on Thai Visa daily. It is seriously stupid for anyone on any thread on Thai Visa to say "you are free to leave" because the same can be said back to you. As pointless as the shots at Taksin.

"You presumably frequent with lager louts and sexpats if that is your benchmark." How could I have made it more plain that I don't?

Btw, to be fair to another Comment, I am not saying all critics on Thai Visa of Taksin are lager louts and sexpats but the level of reactionary criticism of him is pathetic. There is no evidence of detailed knowledge of his activities. The folks who bash him resemble those who come out from under rocks at sundown to bash Hillary Clinton and Angela Merkel. ThaiVisa deserves better.

No evidence on or detailed knowledge of Thaksin's antics? Don't you read English and/or Thai newspapers? Don't you get automatic updates from Pheu Thai spokespersons? Don't you feel a need to get up-to-it and get this wonderful feeling of government mandated reconciliation?

Thaksinists at the Wat Far Kew seems appropriate.

BTW asked the red g/f if we should have a party for Thaksin's birthday. She got the hump and wouldn't talk to me for an hour.

I would find a new girlfriend....

MikeMac: "stop bagging us for airing our opinions."

I don't wish that reputation. My complaint isn't that folks air opinions it is just that the evidences are numerous that the anti-Taksin criticism usually is at the level of "And your mother wears army boots."

"No evidence on or detailed knowledge of Thaksin's antics? Don't you read English and/or Thai newspapers?" I'm asked.

Well, it depends on the newspapers, doesn't it. I can't read Thai, don't read Murdoch or any public mass publication for "detailed knowledge" of anything. Not one of the anti-Taksin crowd on this thread shows any indication they've researched Taksin. It's all petulant generalizations.