Bottled water delivery to Condo?

FolkGuitar

I've called two companies already (the only two I had numbers for) but speaking only to the local drivers, and neither will deliver to my door. Both insist on dropping the bottles off in the lobby downstairs. They 'say' it takes too much time to bring them up the elevator...

I know there must be companies without such lazy delivery people... I had good service from a company for 10 years in the past, delivering to my condo on the 14th floor, but don't have the number of that company now.

Do YOU get your bottled water delivered to upper floors of buildings? If so, would you please tell me the name of the company you use? I want 3-4 large bottles (25L?) weekly. I'm not looking for the cheapest water. I just want water that is clean and tastes good, and gets delivered to my door.

Thanks.

Can't really help. We had water delivered to the door until about a year ago. It was Glacier and I chose to have it in glass bottles. Then all of a sudden they would not deliver any more.

Several of us got together and made a deal to have another company (pole star) deliver it to the lobby and one of the staff would bring it up. Not sure what we paid him but it was a negligible amount.

We had to take the empty cases to the lobby and they had a big tag hung around one of the bottles with are name and room number. We would prepay each week at the desk and they were kind enough to assist us.

If it's your own condo (even if your renting) why not install a water filter, there are many models that work well and far from expensive, and many little shops that will install them which can often be done in 30 minutes and painless, changing the filters also easy and quick, overall far from expensive, then forget the delivery hassle, and the question marks whether the bottled water is clean / consistently clean.

If it's your own condo (even if your renting) why not install a water filter, there are many models that work well and far from expensive, and many little shops that will install them which can often be done in 30 minutes and painless, changing the filters also easy and quick, overall far from expensive, then forget the delivery hassle, and the question marks whether the bottled water is clean / consistently clean.

That's an interesting idea... I really hadn't considered going that route, but it certainly bears some investigation. Thanks for the suggestion.

Talk with other people in your building or the lobby staff (if there is any) and find out what water companies deliver there and how??

Unfortunately, the building staff want to promote their own company. Theirs was the first company I called.. The one's who would only deliver to the lobby. I've never seen any water bottles waiting outside of condo doors here.

I've managed to get the number of another company that delivers to a building nearby. I'll give them a try tomorrow.

If you are talking about those large white bottles, there is a big chance that that water is not safe and clean.

That also counts for the small grey-blueisch plastic bottles, non transparent.

Never buy that stuff because it is cheap.......why do you think it can be cheap.....

Many small companies just do something.... I have visited those places.

Why do you think that this plastic is not transparent......

the only safe bottled water is the water in the transparent bottles like "nam Tip", "Singha" etc. coming from the big companies with a good reputation.

but that is expensive.

but better install a waterfilter for yourself, much handier and a lot cheaper in the long run.

forget the cheapest stuff of 3000 bht. or so you see in Big C etc.

Those are not good enough.

take a filter with the following steps and not 1 step less if you want to be sure of having good tasting and safe water:

pre filter, resin, carbon, reverse osmosis, post carbon, U.V. and finally a mineral cartridge that brings the PH up again because the Reverse Osmasis drops the PH till 5 or so which is not good for your body.

The Alkaline (mineral) cartridge can bring the PH back up to 8 or so and also brings the flavour back to the water because it puts the minerals back in.

I'm in the drinking water business since 2007 in the Isaan.

Installed systems in schools and houses.

any questions? let me know.

Great information! Thanks for taking the time to write it up. I appreciate it.

We're here for the duration, so may as well think about investing in a long term solution. Thanks again.

If you have a good security in your condominium, be happy that they don´t allow delivery guys to go up to your condo.

In my condo, they don´t even accept pizza or burger delivery to the door. You have to go down and meet with the delivery guy in the lobby.

Edited by Xonax
  • Like 1

If you are talking about those large white bottles, there is a big chance that that water is not safe and clean.

That also counts for the small grey-blueisch plastic bottles, non transparent.

Never buy that stuff because it is cheap.......why do you think it can be cheap.....

Many small companies just do something.... I have visited those places.

Why do you think that this plastic is not transparent......

the only safe bottled water is the water in the transparent bottles like "nam Tip", "Singha" etc. coming from the big companies with a good reputation.

but that is expensive.

but better install a waterfilter for yourself, much handier and a lot cheaper in the long run.

forget the cheapest stuff of 3000 bht. or so you see in Big C etc.

Those are not good enough.

take a filter with the following steps and not 1 step less if you want to be sure of having good tasting and safe water:

pre filter, resin, carbon, reverse osmosis, post carbon, U.V. and finally a mineral cartridge that brings the PH up again because the Reverse Osmasis drops the PH till 5 or so which is not good for your body.

The Alkaline (mineral) cartridge can bring the PH back up to 8 or so and also brings the flavour back to the water because it puts the minerals back in.

I'm in the drinking water business since 2007 in the Isaan.

Installed systems in schools and houses.

any questions? let me know.

TO GOLTEC

can you give me some advise for having the best pure alkaline water at home, I'will be in Hua Hin end of the year and I'm looking to install some water filter, or something like that, my email : [email protected]

Can't really help. We had water delivered to the door until about a year ago. It was Glacier and I chose to have it in glass bottles. Then all of a sudden they would not deliver any more.

Several of us got together and made a deal to have another company (pole star) deliver it to the lobby and one of the staff would bring it up. Not sure what we paid him but it was a negligible amount.

We had to take the empty cases to the lobby and they had a big tag hung around one of the bottles with are name and room number. We would prepay each week at the desk and they were kind enough to assist us.

I used to use Glacier, but they stopped delivering. After calling them 4 times

over 4 days I gave up and switched to Dew Drop Water.

When I call Dew Drop I simply tell them the condo name, room number and

"three large bottles please."

I put empties in front of my room door with envelop (with money) taped on.

Price 28 baht per 20-liter bottle. They always deliver in less than an hour.

Problem solved. But your mileage may vary depending on where you live.

I live in Chiang Mai.

I live in Chiang Mai.

B1.4 per liter delivered. I won't touch that.

I live in Chiang Mai.

I'm in Chiang Mai too.

Thanks for your post. Could you give me the phone number for Dew Drop? It seems to be the only one posted for Chiang Mai.

Most of the other posts are for Bangkok or Pattaya. I don't think those companies will want to travel up here to deliver to me.

Thanks.

I live in Chiang Mai.

I also live in Chiang Mai. We go through about 48 liters a week. I don't think it is the company you use that counts I could be wrong and the drivers are in the business. If they feel the money is not worth it they will drop you. When I hear about companies delivering on the various floors I wonder is it a regular thing or do you just call any time you want it. Also are you the only customers in the building.

I know for us it is the same day every week and when their is a holiday it get's set back a day. We pay at the desk before delivery that way when the delivery man comes he just takes the list from the desk and the money drops off the cases there puts the tags on them so people will know and the staff brings them up to the room. I think we pay an extra ten baht a case.

Every week there is in the neighborhood of 15 cases delivered.

I do miss Glacier as they had it in glass bottles which I prefer the cost was almost double but two times a little bit is still a little bit.laugh.png

If you have a good security in your condominium, be happy that they don´t allow delivery guys to go up to your condo.

In my condo, they don´t even accept pizza or burger delivery to the door. You have to go down and meet with the delivery guy in the lobby.

Nobody has to live in a condo. And for those who have other problems with the delivery. I put 100THB in an envelope inside the box, where the EGAT is placing the electric bills. The water (Mountain Spring brand, sealed airtight ) will be delivered at any time and I do not even have to be home.

I live in Chiang Mai.

I'm in Chiang Mai too.

Thanks for your post. Could you give me the phone number for Dew Drop? It seems to be the only one posted for Chiang Mai.

Most of the other posts are for Bangkok or Pattaya. I don't think those companies will want to travel up here to deliver to me.

Thanks.

Dew Drop in Chiang Mai -- 089-952-2193

I live in Chiang Mai.

B1.4 per liter delivered. I won't touch that.

Glacier is also a big company and their price is Bt20 per 20-liter bottle.

In the Philippines, some of the big companies charge 10 pesos for 18 liters.

I drank it for over 5 years and never had a problem. The big hotels also buy it.

Competition (sometimes) brings prices down, doesn't neccesarily mean the product is bad.

filtration systems will not remove flouride, only aluminium based several stage processing will so it is cheaper to buy bottled water.If its a regular thing pay a neighbourly young adult. Money makes the world go around, £2 wouldn't even buy me a coca cola in most places in my home but in thailand locals will work for like an hour for that !

I just use a local arrangement - I go to my nearest mama and papa style convenience store and pay them to deliver it. Old fashion stores will often do this as the clerk is always low paid.

• Like 1

I don't think it is the company you use that counts

I'm inclined to believe this myself. I think it's the driver/carrier who doesn't want to bring the bottles up. I'm sure the company would be happy with more business.

When I lived in a different building a few years ago, we would just put the money in an envelop taped to the door. No need to be home. We'd put the empty bottles outside, and they would replace them with filled bottles.

Dew Drop in Chiang Mai -- 089-952-2193

BradinAsia, I really appreciate your help. Thanks!

filtration systems will not remove flouride, only aluminium based several stage processing will so it is cheaper to buy bottled water.If its a regular thing pay a neighbourly young adult. Money makes the world go around, £2 wouldn't even buy me a coca cola in most places in my home but in thailand locals will work for like an hour for that !

I just use a local arrangement - I go to my nearest mama and papa style convenience store and pay them to deliver it. Old fashion stores will often do this as the clerk is always low paid.

That's my next option. I don't mind paying extra for better service. I just want the service! I used to have special 'handles' that would grab on to the necks of the large bottles. With them, I could easily carry two bottles at a time. During the past two moves, and not needing them, the handles went the way of lost socks.

My thanks again to those who contributed to solving my problem.

Why don't you just buy a small transport cart, no need to carry those bottles.

For no other reason than I simply do not want to. smile.png

While it may come to that, or hiring someone else, or even installing my own filters, if I can find door-to-door delivery of good water, that is my first preference. And, with one phone call this morning, I 'may' have found one that does the job. They promise delivery tomorrow, and if they can get up the elevator, then all will be well.

This morning I tried calling all the numbers that I've been given for Chiang Mai delivery, but all said that they couldn't deliver to this building. Late yesterday I went back to the building where I used to live, and asked the staff for the number of the company that delivers there, that we used for 10 years. When I called that company they said OK. Time will tell...

Six years ago CMU used to offer free water testing, and we brought a sample. This company's water got high marks. Taste was good too, so I hope it all works out.

• 3 weeks later...

Reverse Osmosis removes around 95% of fluoride.

A little fluoride won't harm anyone.

In some countries they even still add it to the drinking water network.....(including the United States)

But that is not what you want them to do either ofcourse.....

We buy Glacier; have for years. About six months ago we got a letter from the company saying their drivers would no longer be bringing the bottles inside the house or inside the grounds of the customers. All deliveries would be left at the gate. Don't know if this was due to some liability issue or something but no big deal. Then about 2 months after that they sent us a notice of price increase of the water; both in glass and large plastic bottles. Not much of an increase, a couple of Baht here and there. So like everything else, prices have gone up and quality of service has gone down. Sign of the times...

I solved the problem. I went to HomePro, bought an under-sink filtration system that cost less than my phone, installed it myself in 45 minutes without getting too wet, and now have unlimited clean, safe water on demand from a second tap I put into the sink.

The under-sink part takes up less room than four 1.5 liter plastic bottles, required an electric socket to plug in to, and installation needed a screwdriver, two pliers, and a drill. The hardest part was getting up and down while working under there... I don't know why none of the companies will deliver directly to the door in our building any more, but it's no longer a problem that I face.