Trains, passengers and trainstations

Sometimes I like to write something light hearted,can't be a Grumpy Old Fella all the time.wai2.gif

Don't you think light heartedess is imperative to go through life and even compulsory to step on the Penang(Malaysia) express. I desire to take a ride on the Udon train now as well, thanks to you.wai2.gif

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometimes I like to write something light hearted,can't be a Grumpy Old Fella all the time.wai2.gif

Don't you think light heartedess is imperative to go through life and even compulsory to step on the Penang(Malaysia) express. I desire to take a ride on the Udon train now as well, thanks to you.wai2.gif

Yes of course a little bit of loosening up from time to time can't be bad,and you obviously enjoy your trains,so no doubt you will enjoy your Train journeys.

P.S Careful you don't get sucked out those open doors between Carriages! even if it is part of the fun,i'm sure you don't want that much fun. smile.png

P.S Careful you don't get sucked out those open doors between Carriages! even if it is part of the fun,i'm sure you don't want that much fun. smile.png

Thank you for caring, sir. Lately a tourist was actually killed while playing on the bogey joint.

When I trolled through this topic I was surprised no one had put any of these on.

post-12069-0-68446800-1375532940_thumb.j

Crossing Wang Po Viaduct on what is left of the Burma (death) railway.

post-12069-0-05119000-1375532984_thumb.j

The end of the line Nam Dtok station.

post-12069-0-21434600-1375533450_thumb.j

The Bridge Over The River Kwai with the tourist train that goes back and forward over the bridge in the distance.

post-12069-0-39329100-1375533283_thumb.j

Getting closer.

post-12069-0-60120100-1375533585_thumb.j

And a close up with the two kids we had with us.

Chonburi?

I can't remember DAL.... blink.png

The photo threads of recent months have inspired me. On my next trip ill be taking hundreds more photos, (without myself and GF in so many laugh.png )

It also helps that now I have the HTC smart phone which takes great snaps. My other digital camera was a $70 cheapie

Great idea, Bookman, I have been inspired here as wellthumbsup.gif I have misread the station name. It's ธนบุรี Thonburi..

Not in Thailand but close.

When the French were in Cambodia and Lao they used the Mae Kong River as a highway but when he got to the falls at the 4000 islands they couldn't get their boats up the falls.

So the build a railway up from below the bottom island, Don Khon and a bridge to the next island Don Det so they could bypass the falls.

The 5km of rail bed and the bridge, as well as solid looking concrete landing areas at the top and bottom of where the railway once was are still there and at the southern and the northern ends are the remains of the little locos that pulled the wagons.

post-12069-0-35381700-1375596053_thumb.j

The little loco in the shed at the southern end of the railway in what was once the rail service yard.

post-12069-0-55161700-1375596131_thumb.j

This is why they needed the railway, Li Phi Falls.

Which means spirit trap (not the kind that comes in bottles)

The falls are said to trap the bad spirits of the dead which wash down the river.

Taking this over from another great thread and will continue here, respectfully.

I have made it a sport to photograph people at railway crossings from a moving train. Anyone? It fits the topic.

Lighting, shutter time and Focal length can all be prepared. Then I just take one shot. Lucky?..!? Sometimes..smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Random railway crossings 4

IMG_8301.jpg

IMG_8317.jpg

This is why they needed the railway, Li Phi Falls.

Which means spirit trap (not the kind that comes in bottles)

The falls are said to trap the bad spirits of the dead which wash down the river.

laugh.png Interesting history story there, Robby!thumbsup.gif

Only very brief Dancealot, a lot more to it than that.

The whole history of the exploration of the Mea Kong and the French in the area is very interesting.

Lots of books written on the subject any o them well worth a read.

Also worth visiting the area although not for birds, they have eaten them all.

Only very brief Dancealot, a lot more to it than that.

The whole history of the exploration of the Mea Kong and the French in the area is very interesting.

Lots of books written on the subject any o them well worth a read.

Also worth visiting the area although not for birds, they have eaten them all.

Great, ornithology always stays a man's interest, surelyrolleyes.gif . I am more interested in the actual history right now.

With apologies to the song writers

Bussed into Lopburi waiting for a train.

The northern approach to Lopburi station.

post-12069-0-36854800-1376431499_thumb.j

Don't know where I'm going and I don't know whose going with me.

Only 2 places to go from here.

post-12069-0-23760800-1376431606_thumb.j

I'll get a ticket to ride and I don't care.

Ticket office and waiting room.

post-12069-0-08528600-1376431749_thumb.j

Leaving on an old train, don't know when I'll be back again

The level crossing on the way out.

post-12069-0-22847500-1376431887_thumb.j

Archived