Foreigners 'had a hand in Thaksin death-threat clip'

webfact

POLITICS
Foreigners 'had a hand in Thaksin death-threat clip'

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Pracha Promnog yesterday said anti-government groups with both Thai and foreign members were responsible for a YouTube clip in which a death threat was issued against ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra by a man dressed to look like a terrorist.

Pracha refused to reveal the nationality of the suspected foreigners, saying it could damage bilateral relations, though he insisted they did not come from Malaysia.

Meanwhile, intelligence officials have obtained information identifying the three men in the clip, two of whom had their faces covered and were armed with assault rifles.

He said police would first check with intelligence community sources in several countries before deciding whether to prosecute those featured in the clip, especially since one of the men revealed his face.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-30

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual the Thai authorities are on the ball and have " information " on those seen in the clip. They cannot be AQ since one showed his face and some of the bird chirps in the background have been " identified " as common to the south. Those involved are from a country that wants to overthrow the government but not Malaysia.

With sleuths like this why does Thailand have any unsolved crime?

I

• Like 2

Fair enough, Arabs are foreigners to Thais.

I haven't seen it. Did the hand have a lot of hair on it?

"Foreigners 'had a hand in Thaksin death-threat clip'

Hand with hair. Are you suggesting someone is 'helping themselves'?

As usual the Thai authorities are on the ball and have " information " on those seen in the clip. They cannot be AQ since one showed his face and some of the bird chirps in the background have been " identified " as common to the south. Those involved are from a country that wants to overthrow the government but not Malaysia.

With sleuths like this why does Thailand have any unsolved crime?

I

Actually all they need to do is ask the ear medicine man, he could no doubt, with a flash or his bottle gun wand,

solve the whole thing, including names, within 1 minute.

Absolutely. I was afraid to mention his name as like the devil, that he is, he's bound to appear. I'm sure too the DSI have known about this for years and have been monitoring it. Only in Thailand !

They mention the word "Foreigner" and everyone gets defensive. Would we feel the same way if they had just said "non Thai"?

I guess they think Taksin is so loved in Thailand by everybody that those kinds of issue has to come from abroad ..... foreigners means anyone outside Thailand ...

Some of these public officials try to show a inter circle knowledge on many topics. Thus we are subjected to, its state secret, the first name starts with D, a importantl person, a past government servent, etc.

If we take into account the past history of this government and its individual makeup, we can conclude that they have no clue in understaning their assigned position, much less the defination of a threat, foreigner, how to find the source, neutrilize same, nor use the legal system (national/international to to follow up.

He's a marked man for life. Knowing how radical this country is going towards the day, this video clip shouldnt be taken lightly and blame thrown to a made-up third party. The lack of communication between the rich and poor is so apparent that the poor are just holding...holding...then one day SNAP!

• Like 1