New Colleseum More Double Pricing

Gone

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some friends recently visited, and they were very impressed with the facility and found the show more elaborate, well done and enjoyed it more than the Tiffany and Alcazar shows (both of which have double pricing). There were a few opening night wrinkles that need to be ironed out, but they had a great time and were happy to get the Thai discount for their Thai companions and dates.

• Like 1

Huh, opening night wrinkles?

I was invited to attend the opening night. I went only to be stuffed around for hours because they had issued me seats that did not exist.

There is no acceptable reason for dual pricing. Can you imagine a company in Australia or anywhere for that matter with dual pricing?

• Like 1

I was invited to attend the opening night. I went only to be stuffed around for hours because they had issued me seats that did not exist.

There is no acceptable reason for dual pricing. Can you imagine a company in Australia or anywhere for that matter with dual pricing?

Double pricing is done in many countries but the big question is, can you get in to Thai price with a Thai drivers license?

I got in at the crocodile/ 1 mill stone park last weekend to Thai price and it was great fun with my young boy.

The Colleseum is a Ladyboy show? I thought it was some Roman style show hahaha. Oh well I never have and never will go anywhere that Dual pricing is even if I can get a discount with my TDL

You're not in Australia. Obvious I know but often forgotten...

• Like 1

A goggle search shows it's a ladyboy cabaret show and as such have no interest to me.

Saw one show in about year 1998 in North Pattaya and haven't had the urge since but each to each own.

We are 100 % sure that you are not into Trannys .No need to labour the point .I bet you could be tempted though ,big boy !!!

Edited by anto
  • Like 2

"For that reason alone I will never go their nor will I tell any travelers (my friends) to go there."

Nice to know that travelers are your friends, but it's dual pricing or discount pricing, not double pricing ... unless someone happens to be paying twice as much as someone else.

Once again the farang obsession with saving face seems to be provoking a hissy fit of righteous indignation.

Just think if you made some friends who were Thai (far more of them here than travelers) you could rejoice (for that reason alone) in knowing they were getting a discount!

post-145917-0-18719200-1375195975_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

mcyachty is quite correct. There is NO acceptable reason for dual pricing especially since it's based on race.

Racial Discrimination shouldn't be part of our world,

Good grief man, come to the party, the discounted price is for Thai citizens. Do you think the bus loads of Chinese and Japanese tourists (Asian race) pay the Thai price (note Thais are also Asian)?

I'd be surprised if the busloads of Asian tourists paid the full price, they would most

probably get a discount due to the arrival numbers.

As would be the case with all the other dual pricing venues.

Edited by sotsira

True to some extent, but discounts for age at many private venues such restaurants, movie theaters, amusement parks. It was always a pet pieve of mine that some San Francisco gas stations would charge 25-30% more for gasoline, just to gouge the "rich" San Franciscans, knowing the costs to drive out of the city to buy gas.

True to some extent, but discounts for age at many private venues such restaurants, movie theaters, amusement parks. It was always a pet pieve of mine that some San Francisco gas stations would charge 25-30% more for gasoline, just to gouge the "rich" San Franciscans, knowing the costs to drive out of the city to buy gas.

Yes but that goes for anyone of that age.. not only whites or residents... That is the whole point

I'd be surprised if the busloads of Asian tourists paid the full price, they would most

probably get a discount due to the arrival numbers.

As would be the case with all the other dual pricing venues.

True, group volume discounts make a lot of marketing sense.

It was always a pet pieve of mine that some San Francisco gas stations would charge 25-30% more for gasoline, just to gouge the "rich" San Franciscans, knowing the costs to drive out of the city to buy gas.

That example of yours has nothing to do with double pricing, since everyone pays the same price at that particular gas pump, it's called business sense and happens in the entire world.

C'mon get a life. If that is all you have to bitch about, you are really sorry. So what, if you do not want to see a cabaret show, stay home.

Thank you for making clear your point of view on life.

So tomorrow I will ask the manager of Big C or Tesco to charge a premium for chicken meat to foreigners, or maybe even better for certain foreigners, and if you don't want to eat chicken you can always eat humble pie

It was always a pet pieve of mine that some San Francisco gas stations would charge 25-30% more for gasoline, just to gouge the "rich" San Franciscans, knowing the costs to drive out of the city to buy gas.

That example of yours has nothing to do with double pricing, since everyone pays the same price at that particular gas pump, it's called business sense and happens in the entire world.

As I said it was just a pet pieve and you are right it is not dual pricing but simply a business gouging both residents but mostly tourists on the perceived ability to pay.

Can't speak about Australia but coming from San Francisco dual or multi tier pricing is the norm. Visiting California, I enjoy my discounts for being a senior, discounted tickets for transportation (seniors and city residents), free admission to national parks for US seniors only, free zoo, museum, libraries, etc for city residents. Point being, discounts for age, citizenship and residency not that unusual. Yes, citizenship, residency and even getting old has its perks.

I think you confuse public services, which are funded by taxpayers money, with a private company with a pursuit of profit.

Previously discussed, but residency discounts do not apply exclusively to tax funded services. The new SF residency card permits local businesses to promote themselves and give residents discounts. Pier 39, a tourist destination, gives 2 for 1 discounts to residents. It is all about marketing and Thailand being a very nationalistic country it just makes good marketing sense.

Can't speak about Australia but coming from San Francisco dual or multi tier pricing is the norm. Visiting California, I enjoy my discounts for being a senior, discounted tickets for transportation (seniors and city residents), free admission to national parks for US seniors only, free zoo, museum, libraries, etc for city residents. Point being, discounts for age, citizenship and residency not that unusual. Yes, citizenship, residency and even getting old has its perks.

I think you confuse public services, which are funded by taxpayers money, with a private company with a pursuit of profit.

Previously discussed, but residency discounts do not apply exclusively to tax funded services. The new SF residency card permits local businesses to promote themselves and give residents discounts. Pier 39, a tourist destination, gives 2 for 1 discounts to residents. It is all about marketing and Thailand being a very nationalistic country it just makes good marketing sense.

Where we gonne draw the line ?

Thailand can be considered Nationalist , xenophobist or racist with it's policies. Which one will it be ?

a touchy subject with many expats - or is it? the expat should be able to provide proof of residency.

the double pricing is clearly aimed at extracting extra baht from tourists... but "expats" without long-term visa also have to pay the tourist premium, and I guess that's what many posters on here perceive as a problem.

yet i remember seeing discounts for residents in many places around the world.

I am a bit sceptical of the economic merits of double pricing. If can be justified by a sound marketing study, i.e. different price elasticity between locals and tourists, the price difference leading to a significantly higher number of local visitors helping to pay off fixed costs, then I would amen the scheme.

But as I said, I am sceptical that the double pricing has a significant influence.

On the other hand, when having guests, discounts for locals can be a real relief - I'm really not keen on paying full price when showing people around places I have seen dozens or times already.