world of sport bar Nakula Road

lorddaverichards

I usually have a couple of weekends a year in pattaya and stay at the Ibis ( second Road) with the Mrs. Each time I go down I treat myself to an English breakfast and have been going to the above bar as its great value and delicious. Last time a week ago I strolled up and found it gone !!! Does anyone know what happened ? is it closed permanently? moved to a new location ? or closed for refurbishments ?

Any suggestions for an alternative place in or around North Patts for a good quality brekkie not to expensive

Dave

Shame it's gone. English food was pretty much OK. Very good sports coverage and the best in the immediate area, plus open 24 hrs. Would have been ideal for watching the Ashes. Poorly attended recently as soviets and Asians replaced English staying in the area. If you had a craving for a bacon butty at 3 in the morning it was the place to go. Greg's is not far away (and nearer to Ibis) on Drinking St opposite Tiffanys and has an all day breakfast. Think he opens late (ish) and closes late, so may be an issue if you want your breakfast early in the morning. Be warned - huge portions.

There must be some redevelopment going on as quite a few of the businesses in that area have either closed or relocated.

Looks to be more than a refurb.

The cocktail bar on the corner has relocated to near Moon River Pub, 5 minutes walk up pattaya nua.

Next time I`m passing I`ll try to see if W of S have relocated and if so to where.

Antons, roughly another 5 minutes walk in to naklua( same side of the road and about opposite soi 18 was Ok for breakfast last time I went in there albeit some time ago, not cheap but the food was OK and it is fairly busy currently so has it`s regulars.

World of Sport had signs saying they were moving, when I ate there in April, so I guess they have moved.

Antons has a German based menu. It has not changed in about 5 years (apart from the prices). It is good for what they offer. There are a number of others in the area including Bon Cafe (a little expensive) or the Lek Villas (cheap in all senses of the word)

My impression was that the blond German lady was the owner which met she was partners with a Thaiboyfriend or what? Just curious.Not very often u see a "farang" woman running a business in Pattaya.

Edited by toenail

My impression was that the blond German lady was the owner which met she was partners with a Thaiboyfriend or what? Just curious.Not very often u see a "farang" woman running a business in Pattaya.

your are wrong - the business is run by a British couple (yes she is blond but not German ;-))

That is a big loss to that area, I was a regular visitor and I really liked the choice of food there...

but I have found their facebook page and it gives us the following information..

Well, today is the last day at the World of Sport Restaurant in Naklua, happy memories, good times but like they say time to move on! Our new restaurant opens at Centre Condo, Soi 24, South Pattaya on Saturday morning at 8.00am. Same staff, same menu and lots of specials! We also have a fully stocked mini-mart opening on the same day. Lots of Euro food lines, fresh bakery products delivered daily, ready meals, sandwiches etc. plus all the normal things you would expect to find in a local convenience store. Hope to see you all there soon! — at Pattaya Beach, Thailand

That is a big loss to that area, I was a regular visitor and I really liked the choice of food there...

but I have found their facebook page and it gives us the following information..

Well, today is the last day at the World of Sport Restaurant in Naklua, happy memories, good times but like they say time to move on! Our new restaurant opens at Centre Condo, Soi 24, South Pattaya on Saturday morning at 8.00am. Same staff, same menu and lots of specials! We also have a fully stocked mini-mart opening on the same day. Lots of Euro food lines, fresh bakery products delivered daily, ready meals, sandwiches etc. plus all the normal things you would expect to find in a local convenience store. Hope to see you all there soon! — at Pattaya Beach, Thailand

Is that soi 24 Pattaya Tai..?? Maybe a good place to go if the new "Buttsys" is crap..

I don't recognise the address, but it seems they are growing if they have a mini-mart business too, potentially selling farang sausages and bacon etc..

Best of luck to them both.

They knew how to run a good restaurant, and I'm sure things won't change at their new location.

Is that soi 24 Pattaya Tai..?? Maybe a good place to go if the new "Buttsys" is crap..

It is, the same soi as cucumber restaurant, a few yards into the soi turn left into center condo car park

What's the parking like at their new location? Anyone with more than shanks pony or a step-through been there?

Yes, I noticed Buttsy's had gone too. Where is the new one? I remember the first time I went there Mrs Buttsy was talking to a very old English guy who was looking unwell and could't finish his pie and mash, She said "You look my husband did just before him die". I bet that made him feel better.

• Like 1