true wifi

splodger

get any of these, then simply get a 3G sim card, get a contract for it or buy top ups in x1 gig downloads from a true shop

But at my rate of using, 5 GigB - 3 G Hi speed Internet, than down to very slow for the rest of the month, 800.- Baht +

Postpaid and each 1 GigB 300.- + Baht more, the month gets expensive! I need 7-8 GigB a month!

Maybe I try to find a free spot on a cheaper, TOT special Signal with router? Internet. whistling.gif

get any of these, then simply get a 3G sim card, get a contract for it or buy top ups in x1 gig downloads from a true shop

But at my rate of using, 5 GigB - 3 G Hi speed Internet, than down to very slow for the rest of the month, 800.- Baht +

Postpaid and each 1 GigB 300.- + Baht more, the month gets expensive! I need 7-8 GigB a month!

Maybe I try to find a free spot on a cheaper, TOT special Signal with router? Internet. whistling.gif

maybe you could try downloading less?

maybe you could try downloading less?

I download nearly nothing, but I sit a lot in front of my Laptop in Isaan, not much to do here and look threw Forums, Facebook and Links. blink.png

TOT offers a solution with NO limit of High Speed, nearly same speed, at least that was my friend told me in the next village and charges only 600.- Baht + thumbsup.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

How do you get true wifi,how does it work and how much does it cost? The web page is crap.

If you have a true sim card then you can just add a 3G package to it..they go from about 400 baht to 900 baht depending how many GB you want. When you have used your allowance then the speed goes down but you can still use it for the rest of the month. Using Skype,downloading stuff.watching vids or making Internet phone calls will use your allowance very quickly.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/inet/entry/583

I am sure if you go along to Tukcom or any other mobile shop they will be able to help you set it up if you find it too difficult.

TRUE has some special deal my wife tried to explain , but she doesn't really understand their BS either.

They told her go to the webpage and register , they assured her its in English too.

I went ,I looked , I left , not knowing <deleted> they're talking about.

To be honest ,I been a bit ill with no patience for trying to understand a half - ass webpage only the programmer might

know how to explain ! We had wi-fi on our Phuket package. Here they gave us free cable TV Channels , only FOX had anything I might watch, so its the worthless part of the pkg.Yet , know they say go to webpage and register for free WiFi , Sorry TRUE but you've done it again , and confuseled me !

• Like 1

TRUE has some special deal my wife tried to explain , but she doesn't really understand their BS either.

They told her go to the webpage and register , they assured her its in English too.

I went ,I looked , I left , not knowing <deleted> they're talking about.

To be honest ,I been a bit ill with no patience for trying to understand a half - ass webpage only the programmer might

know how to explain ! We had wi-fi on our Phuket package. Here they gave us free cable TV Channels , only FOX had anything I might watch, so its the worthless part of the pkg.Yet , know they say go to webpage and register for free WiFi , Sorry TRUE but you've done it again , and confuseled me !

if you got a true ADSL line you can register at their website for the free use of TRUE WiFI (TRUE Hotspot) , i think. Otherwise they have a pretty pricey wifi service .

Edited by JakeBKK

Unlimited True wifi costs 100 Baht/month. Of course, you need to be in an area that has coverage in order to use it.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Details please?

thanks

Details are here.

I think some are confusing internet packages for your homes that might come with a router that allows you to use the internet while in you home via wifi with the wifi hotspots that's installed in public places that you can use if you have an account.

For true, look for @truewifi id, if you are lucky enough to live close to the hotspots, you could get by without getting wired connection to your home or a 3G cellular service.

Most 7-11 are now wired with True Wifi, so you could surf the internet while sipping down a few bottles of Leo on the stairs outside, It's no Starbucks, but it might work for you.

The True Wifi hotspot's connection is pretty fast, but can be unreliable depending on how many people're on it, and in my experience, if there's a fault, they are quite slow in getting it fixed, since it's not essential service, and even you phone them up persistently that the wifi hotspot in your street that you've been using for the past month's down they'll never send someone to fix it right away.

Other options for wifi hotspot are available though, there's 3bb which is available to Ais subscribers as well, DTAC has theirs too but only in malls like Central, Sophon does it around town too.

If you're really desperate for cheap internet, you can get a high-gain wifi adapters with huge antennas that will allow you to pull WiFi signals from far away, be it that 7-11 in front of the Soi, or use the unsecured routers of a neighbour's across the Mooban.

Edited by brummiebob
  • Like 1