Invade IT

McGregor21

Seems overpriced for an online retailer. WD Caviar Blue 1 TB hard drive is sold for 2090 baht in Busitek, Pantip compared to 2350 baht from Invade IT. I suppose it has discovered a niche of expats prepared to pay over the odds for customer service.

I have bought numerous items from them including 5 computers, graphics card and hard drives. One of my graphics card and a power supply unit died after 2 years and 11 months of usage. Luckily they had a 3 year warranty and after communicating with Thomas I sent them back and received superior replacements within a few weeks.

I think it is worth the little extra for peace of mind and in the knowledge that if you have any problems Thomas will sort it out quickly and efficiently.

JAF

• Like 1

Seems overpriced for an online retailer. WD Caviar Blue 1 TB hard drive is sold for 2090 baht in Busitek, Pantip compared to 2350 baht from Invade IT. I suppose it has discovered a niche of expats prepared to pay over the odds for customer service.

I realize they are a bit more expensive then buying it at pantip. However if i count in travel to pantip and service i gladly use them.

In the past i used pantip a lot but always seem to have lost the receipts when i needed things repaired (after months) here i get digital invoices and never a problem with service. They have a large assortment and deliver to your door.

• Like 1

Well, did you ever claim something at Busitek?

I bought a very expensive DVD burner there and it couldn't read 90 % of all burned DVDs, that all the cheap one could read.

The refused the claim and told it is normal......

I realize they are a bit more expensive then buying it at pantip. However if i count in travel to pantip and service i gladly use them.

In the past i used pantip a lot but always seem to have lost the receipts when i needed things repaired (after months) here i get digital invoices and never a problem with service. They have a large assortment and deliver to your door.

I claim a lot harddisks from JIB and Hardware House. You don't need the receipts for it.

Go there, tell "claim" they have the serial number on computer. And you can use any branch. I usually buy at Panthip but do the claims at the mall bang keh (spelling?????).

I claim a lot harddisks from JIB and Hardware House. You don't need the receipts for it.

Go there, tell "claim" they have the serial number on computer. And you can use any branch. I usually buy at Panthip but do the claims at the mall bang keh (spelling?????).

I have claimed WD harddisk at the servicedesk of WD in pantip, still for other stuff its a bit harder claiming if you don't have a bill. Anyway I just like the service i get at invade IT, that does not mean i buy everything there but certainly a lot.

I have claimed WD harddisk at the servicedesk of WD in pantip, still for other stuff its a bit harder claiming if you don't have a bill. Anyway I just like the service i get at invade IT, that does not mean i buy everything there but certainly a lot.

I buy most of the things there. If something costs 200 Baht more and I save two taxi rides the price is the same again. + you get a clear answer from Thomas. Ask the sales guy in Panthip something......

In a country with usually abysmal Customer service, once you handed over the money, it is worth to pay a few Baht more occasionally. Don't let me rant about Pantip and all the scammers there...

I just had to login and say that my experiences with InvadeIT (including purchasing whole computer, years ago, whoops) were fantastic.

Thomas is very straight-forward, tries to help in any way he can. Any issues are resolved quickly. Everything seems so easy :)

Most amazing thing is that he hasn't changed. He was helpful and nice when I made first purchase some 3 years ago, he was decent and nice few days ago when I made an order.

He must be a robot ;)

The few things I compared prices on were not very competitive with Pantip. Just bought a SanDisk 64gb Ultra Micro SD card at Pantip for 1,900 baht and it is listed on invadeIT for 2,570 baht.

That said, if it costs you more than 500 baht to get to/from Pantip then paying more from invadeIT may be worth it.

... and after you come back from Pantip, you notice your cheap Sandisk is a fake copy from China, or faulty B-wares. And then you head back to Pantip for an exchange and the shop staff will throw you out of the shop when you complain.

I bought a very expensive DVD burner there and it couldn't read 90 % of all burned DVDs, that all the cheap one could read.

... and after you come back from Pantip, you notice your cheap Sandisk is a fake copy from China, or faulty B-wares. And then you head back to Pantip for an exchange and the shop staff will throw you out of the shop when you complain.

Well, if you buy stuff from the same guys who sell the "sexy DVDs" then what do you expect? But there are plenty of established shops in Pantip that you can rely on. You've got to keep the manufacturer's warranty though and if the worst happens you can take it back to the manufacturer's outlet for an exchange. This Thomas guy is apparently some sort of hero to some of you. He must be making a lot of money by marking up his products 20-40% higher than Thai vendors. But with IT malls all over Bangkok I can't see any benefit in paying those prices. It's different if you live in middle of Isaan.

• Like 1

Well, if you buy stuff from the same guys who sell the "sexy DVDs" then what do you expect? But there are plenty of established shops in Pantip that you can rely on. You've got to keep the manufacturer's warranty though and if the worst happens you can take it back to the manufacturer's outlet for an exchange. This Thomas guy is apparently some sort of hero to some of you. He must be making a lot of money by marking up his products 20-40% higher than Thai vendors. But with IT malls all over Bangkok I can't see any benefit in paying those prices. It's different if you live in middle of Isaan.

You're still not getting it. Plenty of people DON'T have as much technical know-how as needed to survive a shopping trip to Pantip or Fortune. This is not a fault. Computing is supposed to free people to express themselves properly. Technicality is a by-product. Places like InvadeIT are needed by more people than you or I imagine. 20-40%? I've been doing some comparisons (granted not a TOTAL study) and I see up to 10%. For peace of mind? That's a fine price.

------- EDIT -------

Still going to be going to IT Square today to do my own shopping, but I can see the appeal in InvadeIT's offering.

Edited by draftvader

Last week I purchased a Synology DS413j NAS and 4 x 2TB hdd's to suit from Invadeit.

I could have saved 800b if I went to my local it mall (assuming I could actually get what wanted from there), instead I gladly paid extra as I know invade will deliver what I want, if they cannot Thomas will recommend a comparable substitute if available or decline the purchase if they cannot.

I placed my order online at 12.30pm and it was confirmed at 1.00pm and I paid it at 2.00pm (we all need to eat lunch) ................. delivery via EMS at my work desk (Hua Hin to Laem Chabang) was less than 24 hrs later.

Tell me why I would deal with the agro of dealing with Tukom (my local it mall) and also the traffic.............. I love Invadeit, they provide an agro free service from the serenity of my office chair for a decent price.

Edited by Spoonman