Looking for Aloe Vera and dealing with "The Chicken's Pox Revenge" Shingles!

TheWizardofRnR

Please don't suggest get the Vaccine , Too Late ! But anyone who has had Chix Pox already,

should do themselves a favor and get the vaccine....especially in your 60s. You really don't want this to frack up your life !

That being said , thought I'd ask if anyone had any natural ingredients found in Thailand

they used to help heal.

We just moved to Naklua ,outside Pattaya and I looked up the last post of trying to buy a aloe vera plant , it was a few years ago.So a fresh query for the Miracle Aloe Vera plant couldn't hurt. They referred to JJ , ??? A market somewhere???

I see Aloe Vera drinks are on the market but don't think its what I;m lookin' for???

I've been a Food industry worker most of my life and there's nothing better then Aloe Vera for your burns , but if severe still go see a Doctor too! I have been applying some Aloe we bought in Phuket and helps stop burning ,itchy feel.

Any advise appreciated !

I found soaking in epsom salts and using castile soap worked the best for me, but I was a child. The bad thing about the vaccine is that there is more than one strain so the old myth that you could only get it once isn't true. You also can get it after the vaccine. A colleague I once had got the vaccine about 5 years prior to getting it. She was out of work for 2 weeks and just hated life.

There is medical help available for shingles. See a doctor.

WoW , Why didn't I think of that???? Oh wait ,I did!

First Doctor diagnosed it as Herpes , which although both are viral ,the Vruses have 2

different names and are different.

2nd Dr. , the very next day at a different hospital , also mis-diagnosed it as Herpes not Shingles!

I was on medication from both doctors , but after 3 weeks and still not really feeling or healing much is when i delved onto the WWW to see if I was more likely to be a shingles

case then herpes ,which I had caught in the 70's but only 1 outbreak in '92 and none after. I wish i had the money to keep going back to the Doctors but after 26 years of Thai Hospitals ,its so hit and miss. One hospital in Phuket almost killed me , it was my government insurance that I received with my Work Permit , for taxes I paid here. After 5 days I was forced to switch to a Private hospital in Phuket , they saved my life. The Hospital that caused my infection to get worse , their Chief Admin. came by to apologize and tell me they were paying my bill at both hospitals....I almost died of SHOCK !

So , why are you using - medic as part of your name?

I myself was a USAF Medic in the 60's and after 26 years here all the hospitals here so far scare me.When i was in the hospital the Govt. Med. Ins. sent me to or set up as the one i used.There were many Nurses of different levels in Nursing , but one day one of them saw blood come into my IV ,when I sat up and stood, it would have simply gone flowing back in-when I sat down. The girl, don't want to put Nurses in her category by calling her even a Nurse's aid ! She pulled out my IV , let some clean the tube by running it out into a garbage basket ,then picked up some toilet paper and proceeded to wipe the needle off.

That's when my wife even knew she had to get me out of there quickly , had emergency surgery at other Hospital(private) that night.

That Doctor was my usual Dr. whenever I went there over the years , only one I trusted , as do other friends in Phuket.

TheWizardofRnR

WWW is clearly the place for you to seek help .

Sorry to have offered such useless (in your opinion) advise .

There are many "cures" out there !

I hope you find one to suit !

Edited by jrtmedic

I found soaking in epsom salts and using castile soap worked the best for me, but I was a child. The bad thing about the vaccine is that there is more than one strain so the old myth that you could only get it once isn't true. You also can get it after the vaccine. A colleague I once had got the vaccine about 5 years prior to getting it. She was out of work for 2 weeks and just hated life.

You got Shingles as a Child? or are you talking about Vaccine for Chicken Pox....

I believe a vaccine for Shingles is new , thx for the epsom salts ,castile soap. ideas

This is the kind of misery if it was long lasting , and pain meds didn't help...some things cannot be lived with for too long ! Unless yo prefer being driven mad from pain !

• Like 1

WWW is clearly the place for you to seek help .

Sorry to have offered such useless (in your opinion) advise .

There are many "cures" out there !

I hope you find one to suit !

Sorry , I know you meant well but I forget you don't know my sense of sarcastic humor,

that living here 26 yrs. has helped create. I worked and managed in Go-Go Bars and restaurants , both places affect your brain!

You never answered my ? , using Medic in ur Avatar Name , any particular reason why?

There is medical help available for shingles. See a doctor.

WoW , Why didn't I think of that???? Oh wait ,I did!

First Doctor diagnosed it as Herpes , which although both are viral ,the Vruses have 2

different names and are different.

2nd Dr. , the very next day at a different hospital , also mis-diagnosed it as Herpes not Shingles!

I was on medication from both doctors , but after 3 weeks and still not really feeling or healing much is when i delved onto the WWW to see if I was more likely to be a shingles

case then herpes ,which I had caught in the 70's but only 1 outbreak in '92 and none after. I wish i had the money to keep going back to the Doctors but after 26 years of Thai Hospitals ,its so hit and miss. One hospital in Phuket almost killed me , it was my government insurance that I received with my Work Permit , for taxes I paid here. After 5 days I was forced to switch to a Private hospital in Phuket , they saved my life. The Hospital that caused my infection to get worse , their Chief Admin. came by to apologize and tell me they were paying my bill at both hospitals....I almost died of SHOCK !

So , why are you using - medic as part of your name?

I myself was a USAF Medic in the 60's and after 26 years here all the hospitals here so far scare me.When i was in the hospital the Govt. Med. Ins. sent me to or set up as the one i used.There were many Nurses of different levels in Nursing , but one day one of them saw blood come into my IV ,when I sat up and stood, it would have simply gone flowing back in-when I sat down. The girl, don't want to put Nurses in her category by calling her even a Nurse's aid ! She pulled out my IV , let some clean the tube by running it out into a garbage basket ,then picked up some toilet paper and proceeded to wipe the needle off.

That's when my wife even knew she had to get me out of there quickly , had emergency surgery at other Hospital(private) that night.

That Doctor was my usual Dr. whenever I went there over the years , only one I trusted , as do other friends in Phuket.

shingles is herpes - herpes zoster

your fear of hospitals notwithstanding, is it possible both doctors were correct?

As for the shingles (Zoster) vaccine it has been used in US for about seven years but as far as I know it is still not available anywhere in Thailand. If I am wrong please advise as would really like to have.

I do recall wife having an Aloe Vera plant here several decades ago so it should be available somewhere.

"... it was my government insurance that I received with my Work Permit , for taxes I paid here."

Social Security?

SS doesn't work quite like that, but I have found it to be very good coverage.

It can also be continued after losing eligibility through employment.

"... it was my government insurance that I received with my Work Permit , for taxes I paid here."

Social Security?

SS doesn't work quite like that, but I have found it to be very good coverage. 

It can also be continued after losing eligibility through employment.

Unfortunately it can only be continued if you had it for 12 months. I had it for 11 months and they wouldn't let me continue it.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Have you checked your neighbor's gardens? As it is very widely grown..which is why nurseries don't usually carry it. So easy to get.

Not sure it will do you any good though. It is excellent for burns and scrapes but works on the surface of the skin, the pain of shingles is due to irritation of the peripheral nerves.