House in Rawai or Chalong

patongphil

Time for me to up sticks and move from Patong - kids schooling prompting the move.

Anyway I have spent a few days driving around Rawai and Chalong and thought I may ask a bit of help from any Rawai or Chalong locals. I am seeking to buy a 3 bedroom detached house with a small garden for around the 6 to 7 million mark. Especially interested in new developments ( missus has the usual Thai problem with ghosts cheesy.gif ) but secondhand also possible. No specifics as not too sure ourselves and are prepared to look at all possibilities.

I am sure some of you will know of houses for sale or developments in progress and would much appeciate a bit of help either by post or PM.

Cheers.

On the Chaofa West road in the north of Chalong, there's a development called Land and House 88. Think their new 3 bed detached come in around 7 mill. Good access from there for most places (HomePro/Villa in the south, Central in the north - both around 10 minutes).

On the Chaofa West road in the north of Chalong, there's a development called Land and House 88. Think their new 3 bed detached come in around 7 mill. Good access from there for most places (HomePro/Villa in the south, Central in the north - both around 10 minutes).

Sure when raining for a week and the mud is coming down at l/h 88 will be nice to see..555

i would look at the "old" land and house 500 meter down the road they got some quality houses for sale..

Sure when raining for a week and the mud is coming down at l/h 88 will be nice to see..555

i would look at the "old" land and house 500 meter down the road they got some quality houses for sale..

I go past the place daily, and never seen a problem there (including just now whilst a very heavy downpour is happening). You obviously know something I don't. Don't believe that there are any new houses for sale in the original Land and House.

I go past the place daily, and never seen a problem there (including just now whilst a very heavy downpour is happening). You obviously know something I don't. Don't believe that there are any new houses for sale in the original Land and House.

how can you recommend mooban to other people that you never visited and i think you didn't visit the construction of l/h 88..?

old l/h dont sell new ones but they are good quality..

how can you recommend mooban to other people that you never visited and i think you didn't visit the construction of l/h 88..?

old l/h dont sell new ones but they are good quality..

Actually, I have been both in the estate and inside one of the houses several times. The estate itself is well organised, and the house I saw was well constructed. My original comment was about your own post about flooding and mud, neither of which I've seen in this place. Perhaps tell us your own personal experience and knowledge?

The original Land and House has a good variety of housing. I would dispute the 'good quality' aspect though, as I've seen some good, and some not so good. Ultimately, as with any home, it's dependent on the care and maintenance of the previous owner.

sure outside look good now.. but you didn't see the construction of it which i did, and bad mouthing is not allowed in thailand all i can say about that project..

sure maintenance means alot but also construction and material.

Thanks for the replies so far and PM's. I have had a look at both 88 and the original L&H park Found 88 to be over the 8 million mark if I remember correctly but also far too WHITE for me. Everything is white - surprised the grass isn't painted white too. As for the original L&H most houses definitely showing signs of lack of maintenance.

Anyway am still looking and any leads etc much appreciated.