Rough Cost Of Land Around Loei

mikeybee

:o well hi to everyone...............just a quick question anybody have a rough idea about the cost of land around the loei area..........visiting loei in june-july........so any help would be welcome.

thankyou

:D

hello,

land can vary greatly around here,

are you looking for town, village, middle of nowhere, up the mountains?

chanot, nor sor 3, pobo tor, also make a massive difference.

electricity, water, road access as well.

am buying a rai 15km form town, electricity, road, nor sor 3, 60k/rai.

in town people ask whatever they want.....

throw in some info and i'll try to be more specific..

costas

:o well hi to everyone...............just a quick question anybody have a rough idea about the cost of land around the loei area..........visiting loei in june-july........so any help would be welcome.

thankyou

:D

cheers costas well it would be near to phuweang which is between loei and khon kaen

• 3 weeks later...

Costas:

Further to another thread about Loei....can you advise what the costs per rai should be in the mountainous areas on a good road with water/electricity/telephone?

I would be coming for a look in the August/September time frame.

Thanks for your help.

The best answer I can give you regarding land prices is that the land is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it. I have seen land ranging from 500,000 per rai down to 18,000. I bought 10 rai for 180,000. There is no water or electric and it is on a dirt road. I have no telephone land line where I live and it is not likely that I will ever get one unless I pay to run the line 6 kilometers.

If you must have a farang watering hole I'm afraid that Loei is not for you. I don't golf so that's not important to me. I have heard there is a golf course north of Loei city but I have never seen it. We can't even manage to get a Tesco Lotus open here. Loei is NOT for everyone. :o

Thanks for the information, Gary.

I don't drink much so a watering hole isn't that important other than just to sit around and lie to each other. Of course you can do this in the clubhouse after a round of golf as well.

I would assume there is something of an expat community living in/around Loei city and there must be some way to meet this bunch. Golf has always worked for me in this regard. I expect it would in Loei as well.

Again, thanks for the response.

Thanks for the information, Gary.

I don't drink much so a watering hole isn't that important other than just to sit around and lie to each other. Of course you can do this in the clubhouse after a round of golf as well.

I would assume there is something of an expat community living in/around Loei city and there must be some way to meet this bunch. Golf has always worked for me in this regard. I expect it would in Loei as well.

Again, thanks for the response.

i dont golf so i cannot tel you any great details, but:

9 hole course is about 10 km north of Loei, in an army camp. in town there is a driving range.

golf will get you to meet about 3 people around here...

watering hole, or the loei closest equivalent is gary's or christians' places in town, although do not expect too much in terms of a community, i'd say we're less than 20ish in a 15km radious..

hope it helps,

yours holidaying in freezing greece :o

EDIT:

Re: land costs, send me a PM when you are around, i have a hilly piece of land on a good road with electricity andwater (phonelines i belive less than 500m)

Edited by costas

One way to buy land at a reasonable price is to go to the Thai Farmers Bank in the area you want to buy in and consider some land the bank has repossessed. Of course the land may not have been productive, being the reason for repossession but it will give you an idea.

Banks will do valuations of property and land if you pay them.Better still if you have an account with them.Some also sell houses.