Thump Thump music until 7.30 am

I Totally agree with Samuijimmy above. Samui has so many lovely quiet areas, as does Koh Phangan. These Islands are not characterised by their small party zones. Life here, in Baan Tai KPG, remains quiet and relaxed. We never hear the various parties, and are never disturbed by Dreamers Disco in Bangrak Samui. Just cicadas and frogs :it's lovely!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

At least not yet.

Bangrak was very low key, but has gradually started to become more busier and noisier. Ban Tai may yet get it's turn.

It only takes developers to build enough residential to create a demand for more bars and restaurants.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So - it's Loy Kratong AND the FMP. partytime2.gif Let's hope that everyone gets there (and back) safely after today's weather

Sitting here catching up with emails - the music has started. shock1.gif

Probably Dreamers. angry.png

Sorry for you folks in Bangrak, but it could be a noisy one tonight. post-4641-1156693976.gif

• Like 1

^ coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

So sad that people come to Samui and only stay in Chawang....then try to give the whole island a bad name.... it's not a party island for the most part ....sad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png there are so many quiet places around the island ... same goes for Koh Phangan too..it's not all Haad Rin beach with FMPs... rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif alt=rolleyes.gif width=20 height=20>coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=2

yes samui is quite a big island. If you are to move to a place slightly inside like in between banrak and chaweng where there are allot of residentual house then the chances of having a night clun opening in a resdentual space is low.

Personally i would not not buy on the beach due to erosion

^ coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

So sad that people come to Samui and only stay in Chawang....then try to give the whole island a bad name.... it's not a party island for the most part ....sad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png there are so many quiet places around the island ... same goes for Koh Phangan too..it's not all Haad Rin beach with FMPs... rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif alt=rolleyes.gif width=20 height=20>coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=2

yes samui is quite a big island. If you are to move to a place slightly inside like in between banrak and chaweng where there are allot of residentual house then the chances of having a night clun opening in a resdentual space is low.

Personally i would not not buy on the beach due to erosion

the chances of having a night clun opening in a resdentual space is low.

Is that right Big C ?Low you say?

I think the owners of expensive villas around here should be angry already, its a big risk to their investment. I have heard Dreamers wants to have party every night for the coming high season.

buys villa on renowned party island, complains music too loud and blames others for bad investment.. hmmm

due diligence

Hmmm.........How was I to know when I rented and equipped another bungalow for use by my customers a few years ago that some muppet would open a Karaoke bar in the designer-swamp behind it barely 25 meters away? The place had been Buffalo pasture/Kingfisher/Reptile habitat up until then.

The Karaoke bar didn't last long, as in true Samui fashion the perp was later shot dead.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Where from, Koh Phangan or was it somewhere closer?

Somewhere closer, It is "Dreamers" club at Bang Rak.

I seriously doubt that we would hear anything from K.P.

Sound travels pretty good over water .... facepalm.gif

I could hear it again last night.. even over the sound of the crashing waves!!! blink.png ... I am sure glad I am not close to the source, where ever it is coming from! bah.gifcrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Cannot place where Dreamers is, off hand, I will look today as have to go to Airport... but I am sure glad I am no closer and not staying any closer! blink.png

KPG is indeed further away but there's nothing to stop the sound whereas i'd expect noise from Bang Rak to be baffled; providing the OP isn't too far above sea level & doesn't have line of sight.

Edited by evadgib

Sound travels pretty good over water .... facepalm.gif

I could hear it again last night.. even over the sound of the crashing waves!!! blink.png ... I am sure glad I am not close to the source, where ever it is coming from! bah.gifcrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Cannot place where Dreamers is, off hand, I will look today as have to go to Airport... but I am sure glad I am no closer and not staying any closer! blink.png

I spotted Dreamers, in Ban Rak, today... opposite Haveli Indian restaurant... and surrounded by a number of hotels...

I can't believe they would let noise like that affect their business, which it must, if it is Dreamers.... !... ???

It's not actually surrounded as it is situated directly on the beach. The sound would directly point Northwards towards Koh Som and to the Big Buddah/Plai Lam area.

In my opinion it cannot come from the parties at Haad Rin East as the beach/speakers generally point towards the East. To the South, which would be Koh Samui there is a peninsula of high ground. Haad rin is situated in a horseshoe shaped bay.

The distance from KP to Samui at its nearest point is around 5 Nautical Miles and assuming the speakers are pointing towards the beach the sound would travel Eastwards and then have to turn right to get to us. I don't buy it.rolleyes.gif

S. Jimmy I agree with you, wherever it's from I'm sure glad that I don't live any closer!

• Like 1

I can confirm the sound you guys recently heard hasnt been from dreamers, I am living so close by, if there is loud music I could never miss it.

The one you mention, I also heard it a little bit, but dont know where it came from, doesnt seem to be any close to me. We recently have a strong North/Northeastern wind, so I guess it really could be from some area of KPG.

Black Moon Party on KPN raising it's ugly head again? (New moon today.)

I did not hear it last night, but the strong winds blowing from the NE will send the little sound waves towards Maenam rather than towards us.

Sorry guys - your turn until the winds change. whistling.gif

Edited by Tropicalevo

Black Moon Party on KPN raising it's ugly head again? (New moon today.)

I did not hear it last night, but the strong winds blowing from the NE will send the little sound waves towards Maenam rather than towards us.

Sorry guys - your turn until the winds change. whistling.gif

No, did not hear it in Maenam last night.... thumbsup.gif

Perhaps there is a boat out in the water some where that has an all night party... ?

It seems odd no one can pin point where it is actually coming from! blink.png

Captain, you have to be in business with Dreamers ! I'm just outside of Banrak but I can hear the loud music every night now from Dreamers and I just can't understand how the surrounding hotels can accept that noise.

I'm seriously afraid of my investment if it continues.

I am surely not into business with them, probably I am of the most bothered persons here ;)

I was quite ok last week, the had one loud party on Saturday (30.11) and two more during the week which have been very quiet, so even nearby I had no problems sleeping those 2 quiet nights (with closed windwows). I thought it will maybe stay like that. Loud music once a week is annoying enough but still bearable for me.

This week unfortuantely is different again :( One noisy party on Saturday and another one yesterday. No chance to sleep until they stop :(

So many hotels and villas nearby will loose a lot of money, I know of some who are worried about their investments already. Also many residents, students whatever around here being disturbed. I cant understand how they can keep going without running into big trouble. I dont think/hope it will be much longer.

• 2 weeks later...