Residence certificate (For buying vehicle)

Immigration in Jomtien accepted the form I downloaded from Thaivisa at the end of last month in connection with the purchase of a car. I paid 300 baht for the letter. I need to get a new Thai driving licence so I'll need to go back and get another letter...It'll be interesting to see what I'm charged this time.

Alan

If you go to immigration (cheapest way to go) the form is good for 30 days (last one I did in CM took 3 weeks and 5-6 visits to finally get).....If closer and you want to spend the $50 you can go to the Embassy (US in my case) - statement of fact - address - notorized - and that form is good for 90 days/3 months here in Thailand.....

Recently went to Sisaket Immigration for one and was charged 500 Baht - the same as the last time (4 yrs ago), but a friend tells me that I can get one F.O.C from the local Amphur office.

I'll give it a go next time but has anyone had any recent experience of using that method?

If you go to immigration (cheapest way to go) the form is good for 30 days (last one I did in CM took 3 weeks and 5-6 visits to finally get).....If closer and you want to spend the $50 you can go to the Embassy (US in my case) - statement of fact - address - notorized - and that form is good for 90 days/3 months here in Thailand.....

I don't think my Embassy issue "Statement of fact" but I know that I once some years ago used the income statement from the Embassy to renew my driving licence.

Recently went to Sisaket Immigration for one and was charged 500 Baht - the same as the last time (4 yrs ago), but a friend tells me that I can get one F.O.C from the local Amphur office.

I'll give it a go next time but has anyone had any recent experience of using that method?

It also cost me 500 baht three weekws ago from immigration, As for the local Amphur I have had no luck getting anything from them (three attempts all with a flat rerfusal each time) by the same woman each time.So I no longer give assistance with any of their activities anymore.

Immigration in Jomtien accepted the form I downloaded from Thaivisa at the end of last month in connection with the purchase of a car. I paid 300 baht for the letter. I need to get a new Thai driving licence so I'll need to go back and get another letter...It'll be interesting to see what I'm charged this time.

The certificate is free. You don't believe me? OK, ask them for a receipt. You wont get one. Or look for the cost of the certificate on the official list of fees. You wont find it.

The sum you pay is tea money. I pay 200B and get it the next day or within a few minutes if they aren't busy.

Either way, any amount you pay is 100% unofficial and as such is both negotiable and a rip-off. It should be 0B.

Welcome to Thailand.

• Like 1

I got 2 residence certificates from Sri Racha immigration today. They were 300 Baht per certificate so 600 Baht for 2. I should have asked for a discount! wink.png Damn, missed a chance there.

Anyway, I took every document I could think of. If you are familiar with Sri Racha immigration, you will know they like their photocopies of everything, often in duplicate.

Needless to say, they found something missing. They wanted a photocopy of the I.D. card of the owner of the condo. I have never met the owner and nor am I ever likely to as it is all done through a rental management office. However the rental management office came up trumps and had this on file so I was able to satisfy Sri Racha's thirst for pointless bits of paper and thus get my residence certificates after going backwards and forwards a few times.

Since Nonthaburi immigration was adamant that they will not issue residency certificates, I will have to trek down to the US embassy to get this done. Would someone please explain to me what I need to prepare for them to notarize? What is meant by a "Statement of Fact"?

Since Nonthaburi immigration was adamant that they will not issue residency certificates, I will have to trek down to the US embassy to get this done.  Would someone please explain to me what I need to prepare for them to notarize?  What is meant by a "Statement of Fact"?

You do an affidavit not a statement. Info here http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/affidavits.html

To buy a car you use the blank affidavit form.

Cost is $50 or 1500 baht (dependent on exchange rate).

Be sure you make an appointment or you won't get through the door.

• Like 1

Since Nonthaburi immigration was adamant that they will not issue residency certificates, I will have to trek down to the US embassy to get this done.

Your local town hall and local police office are both competent to issue the residency certificate, which is merely an open letter certifying that you live where you live.

I would be inclined to ask both these agencies before giving any money to a consulate. I would also be inclined to take a native Thai speaker with me when asking for it.

Since Nonthaburi immigration was adamant that they will not issue residency certificates, I will have to trek down to the US embassy to get this done.

Your local town hall and local police office are both competent to issue the residency certificate, which is merely an open letter certifying that you live where you live.

I would be inclined to ask both these agencies before giving any money to a consulate. I would also be inclined to take a native Thai speaker with me when asking for it.

Good luck trying to get it. Most will not do it or won't a have clue as to what you want.

Do you have to get the residence certificate from the office under whose juridistiction the address falls? If Nonthaburi won't do it, why not try Chaeng Wattana? (It's on the convenient side of Bangkok for you too.)

Do you have to get the residence certificate from the office under whose juridistiction the address falls? If Nonthaburi won't do it, why not try Chaeng Wattana? (It's on the convenient side of Bangkok for you too.)

If on extensions of stay it has to be done at designated office.

CW will not do them unless you are on extensions. So it's a catch 22 situation.

Edited by ubonjoe

If on extensions of stay it has to be done at designated office.

CW will not do them unless you are on extensions. So it's a catch 22 situation.

So, I am fortunate that Sri Racha will dish them out to holders of tourist visas.

Good luck trying to get it. Most will not do it or won't a have clue as to what you want.

I didnt say it would be easy; just worth trying before making a tedious and expensive trip to a consulate.

I would certainly try it first if my local immigration office didn't do the certificates for 200B.

Sold my motorbike today.

At the land transport dept., I just gave a photocopy of a recent residence certificate, along with photocopies of my passport, to the buyer (Thai) who handed them in. The official seemed to want something which stated the expiry date of my permission to stay. The easiest place to see this was on the photocopy of my recent residence certificate so he was satisfied. It is difficult for Land Transport officials to read the often illegible stamps in one's passport.