Tax forms submission

I have gone to Immigration, got a certificate of residence, applied and got a TIN from the district I live in.

Went to Bank and got the paperwork detailing the tax of a fixed deposit that already matured. They issued 2 separate documents for the same deposit, which spanned from mid last year to mid this year. One document for each year.

Do I submit the both documents now?

Do I have to wait for a particular period to submit either or both?

Do I submit the last year portion now and have to wait for the end of this year to submit this year portion?

Could someone with a similar experience advise?

Went to office.

They took last year claim form and told me to submit this year claim next year. They took ฿200 fee and said it takes up to 91 days.

I suppose i would have to sit tight and wait for the notice.

Sounds like they just charged you a late fee of Bt200 for filing this year. Yes, for interest earned/withheld during 2013, you would file for a refund Jan-Mar the following year. The 91 days is probably a worst case scenario...2 to 6 weeks seems to be the range most people fall into based on posts I've read and my own experience....see this earlier thread.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

I seem to recall something about the 200Baht payment. I think that had I applied late I would have had to pay a fee ... BUT ... as I applied in Feb fot the present and the previous year there is no late payment or whatever fee ... strange rule

200 baht would be" the learning fee", I suppose :)

So the notice would come by mail, I gather?!

Did I understand correctly:

I am allowed to file once a year, between Jan- March for the previous year?

Yes you missed the deadline for the 2012 tax year. Tax years for individuals run with calendar year in Thailand.

Deadline for filing the year-ended 31 Dec, is end March, but as it fell on a Sunday becomes 1 April.

Refunds due are usually quicker if you file online, and they often say 3 months if you do by hand at their office. In practice can be less.

They should send you a notice form for end of 2013 some time in 2014 if you already have a tax ID and already filed the 2012 return

Cheers

Fletch :)

• Like 1

200 baht would be" the learning fee", I suppose smile.png

So the notice would come by mail, I gather?!

Did I understand correctly:

I am allowed to file once a year, between Jan- March for the previous year?

That's my understanding, whether your are filing for the most recent year or discovered something where you we due a refund up to 3 years back. I guess anything outside of that window is consider late or some out of cycle return/refund request.

My refund-is-ready notice came in the mail as they said it would...I then went to my nearby tax office and got the refund in cash. Other TV posters filing at other tax offices apparently got a check in the mail. It all depends on how your local tax office decides to pay out refunds.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1