Satellite TV

Foxhound

Anyone subscribed to home satellite TV can recommend a good one? How much is the installation fee and monthly subscription, if any? I made enquiry for DTV, it has one-time installation fee of 3,500 and most of theirm100 over channels are Thai with 2-3 English channels. What about True Vision? Do they have channels like HBO, Fox, Discovery English channels? How much does it cost?

I've found a good solution to this and saves me a lot of money. I'm using Thai expat TV https://www.thaiexpat.tv/android.php.

At present I'm running this direct to the computer from my wi-fi, but later I'll get a 'box' and use the TV.

I get a good choice of the best BBC programs, news, documentaries, plus some of the independent channels and about four from the USA/Australia/alJazeera/SkyTV.

• Like 1

I've found a good solution to this and saves me a lot of money. I'm using Thai expat TV https://www.thaiexpat.tv/android.php.

At present I'm running this direct to the computer from my wi-fi, but later I'll get a 'box' and use the TV.

I get a good choice of the best BBC programs, news, documentaries, plus some of the independent channels and about four from the USA/Australia/alJazeera/SkyTV.

That looks like it's just a set top box computer running the Android OS? (No content service included, other than what you can find yourself on the web?)

So while it's not a bad deal for the hardware, it's not very different from just connecting any computer to your TV?

• Like 1

I suppose it depends on what you're going to watch. For quality documentaries, drama, independent films and soaps then the expat TV thing looks a good idea. However if you're into sports True vision and the new boys CTH seem like better options. True visions have a website in English with a list of their packages and the cost. CTH have recently got the rights to the English Premier League. They both have fox sports and the usual mainstream US films.

That looks like it's just a set top box computer running the Android OS? (No content service included, other than what you can find yourself on the web?)

So while it's not a bad deal for the hardware, it's not very different from just connecting any computer to your TV?

it does indeed look just like an android box, like you can purchase in Panthip for less.

I got one (at panthip) and also set up one in sausageking's home for him... we both love it...

difference between android OS and computer is that it is considerably cheaper than a laptop/desktop.

i find the best way to get free content is thru XBMC which they will install for you at Panthip and/or you can install on your own computer... lots of very good free stuff!

it does indeed look just like an android box, like you can purchase in Panthip for less.

I got one (at panthip) and also set up one in sausageking's home for him... we both love it...

difference between android OS and computer is that it is considerably cheaper than a laptop/desktop.

i find the best way to get free content is thru XBMC which they will install for you at Panthip and/or you can install on your own computer... lots of very good free stuff!

What is the "very good free stuff"?

Where is the server located that provides the content?

What is the "very good free stuff"?

Where is the server located that provides the content?

the servers are located all over the world... xbmc is considered by many to be the most robust, opensource solution to providing all forms of content for free on the internet... just google xbmc and read up on it a bit... there are literally hundreds of ways to watch video for free, from all over the world...

No idea where the server is. I get everything through the internet /wi-fi.

the "very good free programs" are exactly as I detailed. BBC1, 2, 3, 4, kids' programs, FILM, Australian TV, Aljazeera, CNN, channel 4 and 5.

I read up on xbmc and looks interesting.

This is the web site for Thaiexpat TV www.thaiexpat.tv

• Like 1

" CTH have recently got the rights to the English Premier League "

sorry to hijack the the thread but is anybody dumping True Visions to go with CTH because of the Premier League?

the reason I ask is that I am wanting the dish and box for the free to view channels for the two disabled ladies in the link

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/655577-two-disabled-ladies-requiring-help/

" CTH have recently got the rights to the English Premier League "

sorry to hijack the the thread but is anybody dumping True Visions to go with CTH because of the Premier League?

the reason I ask is that I am wanting the dish and box for the free to view channels for the two disabled ladies in the link

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/655577-two-disabled-ladies-requiring-help/

Yes I will be at the end of the month.Not convinced CTH have got its act together,seeing will be believing,so still have both until I am convinced CTH will deliver EPL as we know it with English commentary.Season kicks off August 17.

Meanwhile TRUE will not discount its Gold package even though they have lost the core reason for many people having it ie English Premier League

No idea where the server is. I get everything through the internet /wi-fi.

the "very good free programs" are exactly as I detailed. BBC1, 2, 3, 4, kids' programs, FILM, Australian TV, Aljazeera, CNN, channel 4 and 5.

I read up on xbmc and looks interesting.

This is the web site for Thaiexpat TV www.thaiexpat.tv

Thanks for sharing

Will be useful, If i retire in Chiang Mai