TOT Internet/TV Deal

sceadugenga

TOT are offering an internet deal that includes TV channels so I signed up yesterday.

I've included the brochure... at the second attempt... as it's not on the TOT website, you have to go into the office or the shop at Central.

Apparently you can watch the channels on your other devices as well.

Waiting for the tech to come now, the box is an extra 69B a month.

post-38081-0-55749600-1376111830_thumb.j

post-38081-0-52501500-1376111889_thumb.j

They came out and set the box up today, the system seems ok and you retain whatever connection you all ready have, it just takes up one of your HDMI things on the TV.

I've had other problems all day so I haven't really felt like checking it out, my neighbour thinks I never got the speed upgrade that's supposed to come with it but I've left that for tomorrow as well.

Sorry worgeordie, just saw your query, no, I'm a long term customer.

Edited by sceadugenga

Keep us posted about the TOT box. I was told by another friend that he could not use his because his internet speed was not fast enough. It was not fast enough because like me TOT can't deliver a faster speed. However, for domestic broadcast TOT speed should be acceptable.

I'm interested but a bit confused...the brochure says the box is 150 baht per month with 500 baht deposit

( which I think further down they say is waived ) and a 12 month contract.

On top of that you need an internet package of at least 6-7 Mbps so 590 baht

with that you get the free package of channels ( what channels ? )

Channel package S is 290 baht extra and package M is 580 baht extra ( again what channels )

If you have the TOT fiber 2U internet then channel package S is free and package M is 290

The IPTV service shares the bandwidth with normal internet use ? ..so one or other could be slowed down.

How to use the service on other devices ?

I need to get it up and running, I can't get any English language channels at all at the moment and the set up is very slow.

I'm going to ring them later and see if they increased the internet speed which I thought was part of the deal.

Hi Sceadugenga, When you find time and when you have it running ok,please

give a report as I am interested in this product.

I am a bit confused, did you already have TOT broadband,? and you got this

package for free ?, except box rental, How long do you get it for free ?

I have had TOT 2GB , 4GB 6GB and now they upgraded to 10GBs , it has

not been so good, lost connection when it rained !, just about unusable

when the school kids got out and started playing games, BUT for the last

3 weeks it has been very good,can stream all evening with no buffering and

even in the storms lately has stayed connected, so TOT must have improved

something, so for now I will be staying with them.

Thanks regards Worgeordie

If you don't believe me that TOT sucks 6 km outside of Chiang Rai city except for the Rajabhat area please prove to me. I am talking about uploading from the international gateway. Nothing ever changes just the sales pitch and the suckers that buy into it.

Well I live 20kms south of the city.

I had the most basic TOT internet available when we had the land line put on.

I had the TOT satellite before that and it was more expensive with connection problems.

What I have now is fine, on a good day I can pull down a 1gb file in a couple of hours... wink wink nudge nudge...

My neighbour told me about the IPTV deal that was the same price as what I was paying now, 590B a month plus tax.

I went into the TOT office on the Thoeng road and told them to sign me up. They wanted to give me the box then and there but I said send out a tech please and he came yesterday.

There's definitely teething problems with it but I will persevere, the only extra charge is the rental of the box at 59B.

I'm going in tomorrow to ask them where all the English language channels are, my neighbour insists he has them for no extra cost.

Edited by sceadugenga

Before anyone tries any TOT package I would advise them to ask neighbours if they have the same and what they think.

We asked at our local office about this package and they were happy to install next day. It was fortunate that wifey met a friend in the office who deals with the engineers and they advised that the phonelines in our village are so old and neglected that the service would be near useless. Refreshingly honest for a change so we decided not to proceed with the install.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have the same problem with TOT Internet at Doi Hang for 8 years. TOT would like to fix these problems but Bangkok will not send them the money. The money goes to the rice program so people in my village can stay drunk between rice plantings and harvesting.

A list of Some of the channels from TOT IPTV

ITV Choice
SYFY
Warner Brothers TV
THRILL MOVIE CHANNEL
STAR WOLRD HD
STAR MAX
STAR GOLD
Star Plus
Motorvision HD
OUTDOOR HD
SKY NEWS (UK) HD
EURONEWS
ALJAZEERA NEWS
DW
France24
FOX NEWS
CCTV News
WE HD (English)
UNIVERSAL CHANNEL
SET (sony entertainment television)
Kix
Ginx TV Gaming
Animax
Nick Jr
Jimjam
Fox Crime HD
Comedy Central HD
MSNBC HD
FX HD
CRIME&INVESTIGATION
NAT GEO ADVENTURE HD
NAT GEO WILD HD
Biography Channel
TRAVEL CHANNEL HD
FASHION TV HD
THE AFRICA CHANNEL
WealthTV HD
NAT GEO MUSIC HD
MTV HD
DocuBox HD
M channel HD
Baby TV HD
Cartoonito HD
EDGE HD

I somehow can't imagine they are giving all those ( plus of course loads of Thai channels ) for just 59 baht per month........

I have the same problem with TOT Internet at Doi Hang for 8 years. TOT would like to fix these problems but Bangkok will not send them the money. The money goes to the rice program so people in my village can stay drunk between rice plantings and harvesting.

My neighbour has just been offered a superior connection if he is prepared to supply a 10 meter (30 foot) tower that they can attach their bits too.

There will be another charge as well, I think he said 20,000 but he gets three months trial before he pays it.

I suppose if it's no good he can sell the tower to a bungy jumping enthusiast.

Mind you, I find the current connection perfectly adequate for my needs.

My neighbour has just been offered a superior connection if he is prepared to supply a 10 meter (30 foot) tower that they can attach their bits too.

There will be another charge as well, I think he said 20,000 but he gets three months trial before he pays it.

I suppose if it's no good he can sell the tower to a bungy jumping enthusiast.

Mind you, I find the current  connection perfectly adequate for my needs.

That sounds like TOT Winet. 20k sounds alot to me as I was offered connection and 10m aerial for 8k bht.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They seem ok to me Don but it looks like you pay extra for English language channels.

If you just want to try the basic system all it costs you is the first months rental on the box, 59B.

Edited by sceadugenga