Investment Visa

Hi all,

I am from Canada, under 40 years old. I understand that if you have invested 10 million Baht in the Kingdom you can obtain an investment visa. I currently own a condo and have just bought a second, yet the second was a pre-sale so I am paying every month until the transfer date in July 2014. The total purchase price of the two condos is over 10 million Baht. However, my question is can I qualify for an Investment visa now or would I have to wait until July when I have paid the full amount on the second condo and I have the ownership papers for it? Finally - can I apply for this type of visa at any regional consulate/embassy or would I have to apply in Canada?

Thanks in advance.

There is no such visa - there is a 10 million investment extension of stay from immigration and that must be applied for and obtained inside Thailand directly from immigration and meet there requirements - you would have to present your paperwork and ask if they would be OK.

Have a look at this thread for some further relevant information. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/575346-question-on-investment-visa-10-mil-baht/

Key points are (a) single property, (B) must be bought from new.

Just one update on what I wrote there. I had an investment visa based upon a fixed term deposit. Previously when the deposit matured and the money was transferred back to the linked savings account I, on the same day, opened a new fixed term account. This worked fine several times. This year, however, this was deemed unacceptable since the investment wasn't continuous and they refused to extend and forced me onto a retirement visa meaning I can no longer work.

It seems immigration made a wrong judgement by not allowing your extension. The rules only state that 10 million has to be here in the country. The only way they could refuse it would be if your overall balance went below 10 million.

The investment extension does not allow you to work. Only a work permit does that.

Edited by ubonjoe

Are you talking about the 10 million or 3 million investment? Don't see any issue with a new 10 million investment but 3 million was grandfathered so would not be available after loss.

You can work with a work permit and if not available on retirement extension (normally not) nothing to prevent change to non immigrant B visa. You may also be able to extend stay for work until really retired doing this.

Are you talking about the 10 million or 3 million investment? Don't see any issue with a new 10 million investment but 3 million was grandfathered so would not be available after loss.

You can work with a work permit and if not available on retirement extension (normally not) nothing to prevent change to non immigrant B visa. You may also be able to extend stay for work until really retired doing this.

I know that I could change to a non-Imm. B and get another work permit, but I won't.

To explain, I did occasional lecturing at a local university teaching MBA students - not for the money, but because I cared about the students, the country and its future. However, given the shoddy way that Immigration has treated me, I'm not going to leap through the hurdles of changing visa type and getting another work permit. I feel sorry for the students, but at the moment my anger trumps my sorriness.

It seems immigration made a wrong judgement by not allowing your extension. The rules only state that 10 million has to be here in the country. The only way they could refuse it would be if your overall balance went below 10 million.

The investment extension does not allow you to work. Only a work permit does that.

Correct that the investment extension doesn't permit work but it does permit you to apply for a work permit.

• 4 weeks later...

I am a little late to this thread, but does anyone know if one can continue to apply for the investment extension of stay for as long as the investment is held in Thailand? For example, if I continued to hold THB 10mm in approved Thai bonds for 5 years, can I apply each year that I hold those bonds?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

So does anyone know where the application forms are and exact documents required are on the immigration website for the 10mil extension of stay?

I called the office today to try and get an answer and after being passed around the office by the outstanding staff, i get a reply from the boss telling me to
"go and look on Google" lol

So does anyone know where the application forms are and exact documents required are on the immigration website for the 10mil extension of stay?

I called the office today to try and get an answer and after being passed around the office by the outstanding staff, i get a reply from the boss telling me to

"go and look on Google" lol

This is the 3rd post you have made in different topics.

See: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/586018-Retirement-Extension-With-Fixed-Deposit-+-Investment-Visa?#entry6843769