List of Yellow book benefits

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free entrance at the Navy Beach South of Pattaya.

You need the yellow book if you want to apply for permanent residence.

Not meaning to be pedantic, but "residency" is not necessarily "permanent".

I have known 2 westerners who had "residency" then lost it. One had to stay away from Thailand for an extended time. Another thought he had a re-entry visa -- but didn't.

OK, there are very slight advantages, but nothing major, i.e. the same can be always achieved even without the yellow book with just a little additional effort (like visiting the immigration for address confirmation, takes only a few minutes).

The point is.. and I'll refer to my first post in this thread..

What might be perceived as an advantage for some, may not seem so for others. For example, to visit my local immigration office entails a 4-5 hour car journey, so for having the yellow book saves me the 'additional effort'

So, if you feel you will benefit then go ahead and get one, if you can't see the point.. then don't get one.

totster smile.png

ditto, new Imm office will be 3 hrs drive, will have a look at one (altho landlord is reluctant as he wanted to declare wife & I as family to reduce his taxes!).

OK, there are very slight advantages, but nothing major, i.e. the same can be always achieved even without the yellow book with just a little additional effort (like visiting the immigration for address confirmation, takes only a few minutes).

What might be perceived as an advantage for some, may not seem so for others. For example, to visit my local immigration office entails a 4-5 hour car journey, so for having the yellow book saves me the 'additional effort'

So, if you feel you will benefit then go ahead and get one, if you can't see the point.. then don't get one.

totster smile.png

ditto, new Imm office will be 3 hrs drive, will have a look at one (altho landlord is reluctant as he wanted to declare wife & I as family to reduce his taxes!).

I don't think it will make any difference to his taxes if you get a yellow book.

totster :)

totster smile.png

I don't think it will make any difference to his taxes if you get a yellow book.

totster smile.png

Agreed, although coupling a foreigner's yellow book to his property might shine a light on there not being family living there (I think it might linked to registering the property as commercial or not) - he certainly stalled us during our last visit in providing the documentation I need for proof of residence to complete TM28/TM30 & 90 Day notifications starting next year!

And guzzi850m2, free entry to the military beach in Bang Saray? Only in your dreams

?? I've been there a couple of weeks ago, I just had to hand over an ID card completely free. Was that an exception? There's only one security guard at the entrance, how would he collect any money? doesn't look like a cashier.

This beach is awesome by the way, so quiet and so far from the crazyness.

• 3 weeks later...

Hospital. There are a series of numbers in your yellow book top of the first page. four numbers, dash, six numbers, if the six numbers begin with 5 or 6 you are in luck, if it is 0, you are stuffed.

transam.

Mine is x096-11xxxx-7, any idea if I am stuffed too? so to speak.

Regards BW.

@ transam:

The first number in the book (xxxx-xxxxxx-x) is the registration number of the HOUSE. It apears also in the blue house book.

The second number is the person's (in this case the foreigner's) ID number. Format: 6-xxxx-xxxxx-xx-x.

So the question is not answered yet.

facepalm.gif

Edited by khrab

• 1 month later...

A yellow book makes no difference. Never had a problem extending visas with immigration, opening bank account or getting a driving lincence nor have any of my friends. So whats the point of having one except to boast that you have it. You still have to report every 90 days.

Hardly anything to boast about. I have one, big deal. The advantage for me being I can get citizenship now.

I have known 2 westerners who had "residency" then lost it. One had to stay away from Thailand for an extended time. Another thought he had a re-entry visa -- but didn't.

This is an old post but just for the record, you don't require a yellow Tabien Baan to apply for PR. It wouldn't make any difference to the application and once you have received PR your name has to go on a blue Tabien Baan.

A yellow Tabien Baan is required for a citizenship application though.

This is an old post but just for the record, you don't require a yellow Tabien Baan to apply for PR. It wouldn't make any difference to the application and once you have received PR your name has to go on a blue Tabien Baan.

A yellow Tabien Baan is required for a citizenship application though.

There is such a thing as citizenship application?? What about approval of that application??

Hospital. There are a series of numbers in your yellow book top of the first page. four numbers, dash, six numbers, if the six numbers begin with 5 or 6 you are in luck, if it is 0, you are stuffed.

transam.

Mine is x096-11xxxx-7, any idea if I am stuffed too? so to speak.

Regards BW.

@ transam:

The first number in the book (xxxx-xxxxxx-x) is the registration number of the HOUSE. It apears also in the blue house book.

The second number is the person's (in this case the foreigner's) ID number. Format: 6-xxxx-xxxxx-xx-x.

So the question is not answered yet.

facepalm.gif

I have two friends where the number begins with 6, they get treatment, mine begins with 0, I don't get treatment. That first number is the key, because it is entered into their computer to say yes or no. A friend in our hospital tried to get that first number changed, cannot do.

As has been said, the first number states the category you are in. A foreigner (non-PR will) will have a number starting with a 6., while a Thai national 's number starts with a 3.

Not sure what a number 0 stands for, but it has nothing to do with being able to get hospital treatment or not under the '30 baht" healthcare scheme. A yellow book does not entitle you to free healthcare. (In the beginning a few persons got it by mistake).

As has been said, the first number states the category you are in. A foreigner (non-PR will) will have a number starting with a 6., while a Thai national 's number starts with a 3.

Not sure what a number 0 stands for, but it has nothing to do with being able to get hospital treatment or not under the '30 baht" healthcare scheme. A yellow book does not entitle you to free healthcare. (In the beginning a few persons got it by mistake).

I am only quoting what the hospital told me. Lady pointed to my 0 and said if a 6 you could go on our books. She even went to the head guy for this info.