Two Cambodians Shot and Killed at South Pattaya Construction Site

Rimmer

Two Cambodians Shot and Killed at South Pattaya Construction Site

dead-3.jpg
PATTAYA:--On Monday afternoon Pattaya Police were called to a construction site in Soi 2 off the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya to investigate a double-shooting which left two Cambodian construction workers dead.

At the scene were the bodies of the two Cambodians aged 28 and 33. A fellow worker explained the camp is divided into a Thai section and Cambodian Section and both nationalities do not get on with each other.

On Monday, the Cambodians were drinking together after work and were also playing music and dancing with each other.

Two Thai construction workers walked past them and were struck by the dancing Cambodian workers, in what appeared to be an accident.

A small fight ensued but the two Thai men were outnumbered and were forced to retreat. They returned moments later with 4 other friends and continued the fight. One of the men was carrying a gun and shot two of the Cambodians dead.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/98873/cambodians-shot-killed-south-pattaya-construction-site/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-14

In all fairness if the Cambodians had been armed, it would have turned into an Asian version of "High Noon". They kill each other all the time here in Camboland for such a heinous crime as stepping on someone's food at a wedding or looking at someone "wrong".

Reconstruction of Cambodian double-murder at Pattaya Condo Construction Site

murder-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Wednesday and under the watchful eye of the Provincial Police Commander, the suspect who is thought to have gunned-down two Cambodian Construction Workers at a South Pattaya construction site, took investigators through his version of events.

Police Major General Katcha, the Chonburi Provincial Police Commander, looked-on as the suspect in Monday afternoon’s double-murder at the site in Soi 2 off the Pratamnuk Road, was given back the unloaded murder weapon and showed officers where he shot the two Cambodians after an earlier altercation.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/99081/reconstruction-cambodian-double-murder-pattaya-condo-construction-site/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-15

Now, imagine two Thai nationals killed in Cambodia by national Cambodians => ANATHEMA, mob in front of the Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok, etc.

Cambodians are getting killed by Thai soldiers almost every week; mostly illegal loggers. OK, the logging IS illegal, but shoot to kill?

Unfortunately, ethnocentrism (which leads to racism) and violence (as a response to virtually anything) have become ingrained in most cultures worldwide. Playing violent video games and watching violent movies does not help. Kids are being taught to use violence as means to resolve any conflict. In a Buddhist country, this seems odd, to say the least, but religious teachings do not always impact what people actually do. IMHO, we have entered a period of "Barbarism." It is a Mad Max World in the making. Greater effort needs to be placed on teaching kids what they need to know to live peacefully in a multicultural world. The Thai system of education does not do enough to address violence, racism and associated hyper-nationalism.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, ethnocentrism (which leads to racism) and violence (as a response to virtually anything) have become ingrained in most cultures worldwide. Playing violent video games and watching violent movies does not help. Kids are being taught to use violence as means to resolve any conflict. In a Buddhist country, this seems odd, to say the least, but religious teachings do not always impact what people actually do. IMHO, we have entered a period of "Barbarism." It is a Mad Max World in the making. Greater effort needs to be placed on teaching kids what they need to know to live peacefully in a multicultural world. The Thai system of education does not do enough to address violence, racism and associated hyper-nationalism.

For once I agree with you 100%.

Singapore is a good role model for South East Asia, multi cultured big time and I fell very safe there, no guns, no machetes and knives.

I never cease to be amused by the way the police take the "culprit" to show them how they killed someone in order to reconstruct the crime. But, I guess it is much cheaper than a CSI unit doing the reconstruction! The alleged shooter I guess does not realize that he is pleading guilty by doing this.

For once I agree with you 100%.

Singapore is a good role model for South East Asia, multi cultured big time and I fell very safe there, no guns, no machetes and knives.

I am happy we can agree on something. I am guessing that guns are illegal in Singapore.

Same old story, Thai's outnumbered, get friends and guns, shoot to kill and face saved coffee1.gif

I always avoid thai men in bars, pubs, karaokes and other places they drink, make me live a long life here in LOS thumbsup.gif

Now, imagine two Thai nationals killed in Cambodia by national Cambodians => ANATHEMA, mob in front of the Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok, etc.

Cambodians are getting killed by Thai soldiers almost every week; mostly illegal loggers. OK, the logging IS illegal, but shoot to kill?

There's another type of Shooting ?????

coffee1.gif

There's another type of Shooting ?????

coffee1.gif

Fair enough......