Why Bangkok street food sucks: Opinion

webfact

Hmm Terance Wang. Hmm Sounds a bit Chinese to me. Wait there are tons of Chinese in SG no? I wonder if he thinks most places should be like SG..... /yawn I like Bangkok for what it is. SG is a dead city in my eyes and so what if its sooo clean. Its also very dull

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes. Please make Bangkok like Singapore. NOT

NO, never make Bangkok like Singapore.

I recall back in the 60/70's when it was decreed, by the government, that Singapore should be 'cleaned up'. It's not nearly the place it was as a result.

Hong Kong was next.

Leave Bangkok just as it is

What was Singapore like back then?

Soi Rang Nam at Victory Monument BTS. Tons of choices.

http://www.travelfish.org/blogs/thailand/2012/02/16/bangkok-street-food-adventures-rangnam-road-part-1/

http://www.travelfish.org/blogs/thailand/2012/03/08/bangkok-street-food-adventures-rangnam-road-part-2/

Start at one end and work your way to the other stopping for drinks in the bars on the way, nice way to spend a couple hours with company.

There's great rad na moo, khao man gai, pad thai, beef noodle soup, waffles and honey toast with ice cream, pad ka pow and more.

• 11 months later...

Starting with the comments on the secured cow, almost every premise in that article is incorrect.........

"I’ve lived here for two-and-a-half years, so I know a lot more than most people about street “cuisine.” " - and this is the most hilarious. He has failed to back up any comment with sound background including this "statement" - is this meant to be some sort of CV? I certainly would like a little more than this.

his final comments on MSG round off nicely the impression that this author has little or no knowledge of food/hygiene or the science of additives or infection.

some of the comments have some truth to them, but unfortunately the author hasn't the ability to turn them into a valid criticism of street food a he simple makes assumptions that are presumably fed by his own "poisoned" opinion.

What is it with American-speak, everything

either "sucks" or is "awesome."

Pretty narrow-minded viewpoint. So , all ages , educational levels and virtually every American demographic uses "American-speak ? I get as annoyed as anyone at the lack of originality people use in conversing or writing in the US. But, I will say , if I had a dollar for every time I have heard 'awesome' , I'd be on a beach-front property in some exotic locale.

just a minute....i am!