Phuket Forum Posters

N47HAN

Anyone have an idea of the split between permanant expats and not.

Just an idle question but a little curious.

Ps I know not really a post as such but sat bored at the central intersection again ( 15 minutes and counting )

• Like 2

Phuket is not the only province with lovely ladies that you like. You can find them in many other provinces. Not necessary to get married just hand over the ATM Card but with limited amount that they can change monthly. This might help you determine true love with time. If you integrate the time vs money curve with your personal experience what does the curve look like. More time, more money. You might be happier to give yourself a few months break you can always go back.

Phuket is not the only province with lovely ladies that you like. You can find them in many other provinces. Not necessary to get married just hand over the ATM Card but with limited amount that they can change monthly. This might help you determine true love with time. If you integrate the time vs money curve with your personal experience what does the curve look like. More time, more money. You might be happier to give yourself a few months break you can always go back.

Huh?

How did you get this from the OP?

What's love got to do, got to do with it? (TT song)

At a guess, I would say that 80% of the regular posters on the Phuket sub-forum actually live in Phuket, though, "length of service" varies.

Edited by KarenBravo

I don't know whether to call your post off topic, or have a chuckle at it. I must admit, it did make me think how your post fits into this thread, in your way of thinking.

Anyway, keep up the good work Don. smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

Huh?

At a guess, I would say that 80% of the regular posters on the Phuket sub-forum actually live in Phuket, though, "length of service" varies.

I haven't been on Phuket as long as many others, but I have certainly given a lot of "service" to Phuket. :) :) :) :)

Huh?

I haven't been on Phuket as long as many others, but I have certainly given a lot of "service" to Phuket. :) :) :) :)

You'll be accused of trying to get your post count up to gain some forum cred. :rolleyes:

Good question OP. Maybe you could throw in a poll?

21 years and counting,14 years on phi phi island before they destroyed it.good post

off topic,i new an aussie called guy,used to work with sunsail,in the early 90s.i remember he worked with a guy call Nigel. anyone know if he is still around??

• Like 1

Good question OP. Maybe you could throw in a poll?

21 years and counting,14 years on phi phi island before they destroyed it.good post

off topic,i new an aussie called guy,used to work with sunsail,in the early 90s.i remember he worked with a guy call Nigel. anyone know if he is still around??

Yes, still here. 22 years and counting. Came here as a young man and it doesn't look like I'll be leaving anytime soon. BOBBYTIN, PM me and we'll have a beer for old times sake.

Don, I thought you were supposed to be coming down, are you still coming?

Back to topic, I recognize most of the regular posters in the forum and I'd have to agree with KB on the 80% number, except when TV spams everyone's email about an event in Phuket which brings out the haters.

Waiting for the Phuket Gazette to finish the book review and print it. The book Merchant Of The Orient, An Entrepreneur's Journey In Life. Plan to have a book launch party with signing. Not sure but will keep all posted. The book is available on Amazon. If you see the book review in the Gazette let me know. Still trying to find Guy Cummings. If you see him tell him to call. My number has not changed.

Don, I thought you were supposed to be coming down, are you still coming?

Back to topic, I recognize most of the regular posters in the forum and I'd have to agree with KB on the 80% number, except when TV spams everyone's email about an event in Phuket which brings out the haters.

Finger-waving tourist receives Phuket lesson

Jeez,Here's a good example... didn't this one bring out the worst of the worst [not all Phuket haters but Thai's in general haters }...and not too many of them were Phuket regulars ..

Edited by andreandre

I first visited Phuket and Phi-Phi about 1981. I returned to live in Phuket in 2002, but have never wanted to visit Phi Phi again.

I was away from Phuket 2011/2012 whilst teaching/managing at a school in Myanmar, and for the same(ish) reason right now whilst I'm in Luang Prabang, north Laos.

I usually return to Phuket to either get divorced, or to build another small hotel.

I've run out of wives to divorce right now, but I have been summoned back to expand hotels #2 (JV between me and ex #3), and hotel #3 (JV between me and ex #2), and to build new hotels #4 (JV between me #2), and #5 (JV between me, #2 and her older sister from Norway).

That should keep me busy for the next year, unless I fall in love with #4 (wife, not hotel).

Simon

PS - I disposed of #1 and #1 some years ago ......