Sick Of Jumping Threads

think_too_mut

Just reporting the news TTM.... don't kill the messenger. :D

Ta for the concern, suicide is not an option for me ever. So please take note of my words and if I end up on the pavement one day its indeed murder. :o

No mate, but a newcomer would think Pattaya is a jungle where people kill themselves all day around.

What you are posting are accidents, there are millions of other enjoyable moments in that place that don't get attention.

Had I not been well introduced in Thailand, and had a package holiday in Pattaya, I would have been scared to set my foot there.

If there was an unfair threatment of farangs, I would understand a report about that.

You know and many others know, it's a fun place. Safe and tollerant, to get into a trouble would take someone's own initiative.

Myself, being out of the nightlife, I can only say - the beach is not good but everything else is.

Share and enjoy.

Pattaya ... Hub of Extreme Base Jumpers <no parachute> in Asia

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like it is a Pattaya lovefest.

I love Pattaya too but having said that i think you need to be careful in Pattaya as there are a fair number of opportunists and low class villians about the place.

I hate Pattaya the place just brings out the worst in people, thai and falang. Not surprising that some are getting embarassed at the high crime and suicide rates and want to keep up a pretence of it being a family resort. It's just a big tacky open air brothel visited by some of the dregs of western society, many criminals end up there from europe and russia to add to the thai ones. Prostitiutes are pretty ugly and increasingly overpriced, the traffic has become horrendous, the baht bus mafia still overcharge, the sea is a shitty soup of excrement, the place is full of katoeys and weirdos. Anyone who enjoys living there but claims they are there for reasons other than cheap prostitiutes is either a liar or getting ready to jump.

I love Pattaya too but having said that i think you need to be careful in Pattaya as there are a fair number of opportunists and low class villians about the place.

I hate Pattaya the place just brings out the worst in people, thai and falang. Not surprising that some are getting embarassed at the high crime and suicide rates and want to keep up a pretence of it being a family resort. It's just a big tacky open air brothel visited by some of the dregs of western society, many criminals end up there from europe and russia to add to the thai ones. Prostitiutes are pretty ugly and increasingly overpriced, the traffic has become horrendous, the baht bus mafia still overcharge, the sea is a shitty soup of excrement, the place is full of katoeys and weirdos. Anyone who enjoys living there but claims they are there for reasons other than cheap prostitiutes is either a liar or getting ready to jump.

Oh dear!.....I assume that you won`t be going there then!

It is quite a pity that you have not taken the time to see the good things that Pattaya has to offer and to realise that many people enjoy Pattaya without the thoughts of having paid sex or indeed committing suicide.

Obviously your pompous and ill informed comments would lead some to believe that you probably commit your sins where prostitution is cheaper and the prostitutes are of film star quality. :o

Anyone who enjoys living there but claims they are there for reasons other than cheap prostitiutes is either a liar or getting ready to jump.

:D now you got me...will jump out of my bungalow anytime soon.... :o

So are you, or are you not sick of jumping threads? :o

Wow, can't believe this thread. Things I don't like to read--I don't read. News is usually bad news. Good news doesn't bring much attention.

Pattaya is an enjoyable place. I've been there for the seedier side of life, as well as bringing elderly relatives to visit--I was surprised there is so much to do that doesn't involve the sex trade. They loved the place and had a great time.

Sadly, for many foreigners, they leave their own country because their unhappy. It's called the geographical cure, but it never works, we almost always pack our troubles and bring them along. Since the geographical cure is usually the last one, people are backed into a corner and that's when suicides occur. It has virtually nothing to do with the place where they occur, but with the plight of the people who do it.

It may be exacerbated by the fact that other people are enjoying themselves--just as we see a rise in suicides around Christmas (in western countries).

Anyway, for those who enjoy the place, keep on living there, going there etc. For those that don't, stay away. To each his own.

Anyone who enjoys living there but claims they are there for reasons other than cheap prostitiutes is either a liar or getting ready to jump.

Oh! Oh!

Forensics or suture forceps!

You made one distinction - "enjoys living there" vs visiting there.

Those living there make me no troubles neither I cross my path with them or with what they might be there for. While visiting, I hardly see anything that negative to put me off.

A hotel along Jomtien or some View Talay apartment rented, Pattaya Water Park, zoos, underwater world, Lotus, Carefour....

The traffic is chaotic but 5-10 mins longer to get somewhere while on holidays makes no reason to be upset.

Good hospitals.

With the water park and accessibility from BKK being the main reasons to go there repeatedly, I can't see what other place in Thailand would fullfill that. With no air travel or even with that.

Hotel swimming pools anywhere in Thailand can never give the joys my child is having at the water park in Pattaya.

If someone with children were to come to Pattaya and asked me for an advice, I could easilly draft an itennerary that would keep the children amused for 2 weeks, without experiencing anything bad (other than the beach - where I would not recommed to them going - and traffic).

Not that I can't say bad things about Pattaya. But nothing worth jumping out of one's life.

I took what I like of it and enjoy the place, no disturbances.

Just in a perspective - Pattya is a place bigger than Geneve in Switzerland.

Some say, 2nd largest city in Thai, larger than Chiang Mai or Khorat.

Dark, depressive writing at it's best.

Good work, my friend :o

I had a bad round at one of the 20 golf courses within one hour of my home and started to jump off the roof to end it all. :D

Then I remembered what a pervert I am and, after reading this poster, I now know why I live in Pattaya and have for the past 12 years. :o

Don't call the post by Thai3 stupid.....call it enlightening. :D

Dark, depressive writing at it's best.

Good work, my friend :o

Let me eat a piece of the humble pie.

I was like that until I have abandoned advices from Thais and farangs coming there with me and did the things on my own.

Now, when it comes to the thread like this, I can only say - whatever the people coming to live in Pattaya think, they have chosen a life better than plowing the snow in the shitholes of America, Canada, Europe.

They could be not what the West wants to show. Those who bought properties ( a mickey mouse shoe boxes, then 2, then renovations for 30K US$ altogether) deserve some respect for not accepting to live dull lives back home. They may opt for prostitutes, much younger gfs or whatever...but still better than an average John Doe. They took up some adventure.

Old geezers reading this, I appreciate you for doing what you did. I only wish my father has had that same drive.

And, no jumping off the balconies, OK?

It is quite a pity that you have not taken the time to see the good things that Pattaya has to offer and to realise that many people enjoy Pattaya without the thoughts of having paid sex or indeed committing suicide.

Obviously your pompous and ill informed comments would lead some to believe that you probably commit your sins where prostitution is cheaper and the prostitutes are of film star quality. :D

There are good things OTHER than tall buildings and cheap ***? :o

There are good things OTHER than tall buildings and cheap ***? :o

And you call me a tourist ! :D

Khao Keow Zoo

Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens

Crocodile Farm

Sri Racha Tiger Zoo

Mini Siam

Bowling Alleys

Jomtien Beach

Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum

Fishing Charters

Diving Schools

Elephant Rides

Monkey Ranch

Shooting Range

Paintball Parks

Karting (Go-Karts)

Sky Diving (now featuring parachutes !)

Pattaya Water Park

Underwater World

Cinema (movies)

Pilot lessons

Submarine Trip

Koh Larn and other islands

Golf, golf and more golf

Bottle Museum

Other sports like Badminton, soccer, tennis, ect.

And of course, dozens of great temples (Wats) to tour.

(note this is only a partial list of things to see and do in Pattaya that have nothing to do with bars, massage parlours, sex, drugs or suicides).

<snip>

Shooting Range

<snip>

(note this is only a partial list of things to see and do in Pattaya that have nothing to do with bars, massage parlours, sex, drugs or suicides).

are you sure? :o

It seems pretty obvious that he has been there and has propositioned prostitutes on several occasions. How else can he claim: "Prostitutes are pretty ugly and increasingly overpriced..." with such authority?

The poor chap has probably become bitter and twisted because he cannot afford the going rate and/or even the ugly prostitutes reject his advances.

How sad... :o

<snip>

Shooting Range

<snip>

are you sure? :o

Yeah OK. So they had 2 nut jobs off themselves within a couple of weeks of each other there. Sheesh, picky picky people :D

OK. I'll bite... :D

I live in Pattaya, and (for the most part) enjoy it.

I am not here for the "cheap prostitutes" nor am I likely to become a jumper.

I work here... and as Kerryd has pointed out already... there's heaps of stuff to do in the area that does not involve bars, massage parlours, sex, drugs or suicides.

For a troll post, I reckon thai3 could have made a better effort... :o

For a troll post, I reckon thai3 could have made a better effort... :o

I don't think he was trolling. Maybe what he thought at the moment of posting, but trolling - no, IMO.

Edit: Tata Young was born and breed in Pattaya.

Edited by think_too_mut

Are you sure of this information? I have known her father for years and he has always lived in BKK. The last time I saw him was at Shenanigans in Pattaya and he was down for the weekend, but this was 2-3 years ago.

.....and what does Tata have to do with a "jumping" thread?

Are you sure of this information? I have known her father for years and he has always lived in BKK. The last time I saw him was at Shenanigans in Pattaya and he was down for the weekend, but this was 2-3 years ago.

.....and what does Tata have to do with a "jumping" thread?

Uh, maybe quite a few members here would jump for Tata ? :o

Or would like to jump her ? :D

Or think about her while jumping someone else ? :D

I think the name Chonburi Flying Club is taken already .... but we could have the Pattaya Flying Club ... and the Pattaya Extreme Base Jumping club .... and the Pattaya ...

Edited by jdinasia