True, Smart TV's and VPN's

Bmouthboyo

Hi Guys,

Couple of questions really. I have just had true hooked up in my accommodation, it is a little slow and I would like to increase the package we have however my company sorted it all out and when I asked for a customer ID etc the office lady seemed to think it was my phone number. When trying to link my account online however it doesn't work so is their an easy way to find out my service ID? I have not had a bill etc. yet but I am able to lg into my router etc.

Secondly I have a new Samsung smart TV and am interested in being able to access the UK app store. I saw some tutorials on a service specifically for this where you basically pay and get an alternative DNS server IP for the TV, however I would like the flexibility of a VPN so I can use it with my computers etc as well. Can anyone recommend a good VPN service that would be able to do both?

Lastly I was just wondering what true's stance is on usage allowances, i.e do they give you a maximum download amount per month? and do they monitor what you download like in the UK where if you download copywritten movies then you sometimes get cease and decist letters.

Cheers

Edited by Bmouthboyo

You line Id is most likely your phone number with theletter l on the end like 026773xxxl. None of the ISP ADSL or cable providers have monthly limits I believe here but they do seem to throttle download torrents as certain time like weekends. When you say it a bit slow be aware it most likely the connection out Thailand that is creating the slowness not the raw speed of your ADSL. Test this by going to site hosted locally. VPN's will then slow this more but there many around. I am more fan of XBMC and Nav-x for viewing TV not sure if you can install this on your Smart TV or you need a separate Android TV box i.e like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/400492685465?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Do some research.

You line Id is most likely your phone number with theletter l on the end like 026773xxxl.  None of the ISP ADSL or cable providers have monthly limits I believe here but they do seem to throttle download torrents as certain time like weekends.  When you say it a bit slow be aware it most likely the connection out Thailand that is creating the slowness not the raw speed of your ADSL. Test this by going to site hosted locally.  VPN's will then slow this more but there many around. I am more fan of XBMC and Nav-x  for viewing TV not sure if you can install this on your Smart TV or you need a separate Android TV box i.e like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/400492685465?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Do some research.

Exoon have just released a small form factor but high powered Android TV box, updating DNS servers on that would take all of 10 seconds.