Hotel-style renovation for Saensuk Police Station in Pattaya

webfact

Hotel-Style Renovation For Chonburi Police Station
by Khaosod Online

pol.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Saensuk Police Station in Pattaya, Chonburi Province, had gained much of the attention, after it had been renovated with vintage style furniture, a spacious lobby, and good looking and polite receptionists.

Moreover, when citizens arrive at the station to contact the police, they are provided queue tickets and drinks.

Pol.Col. Itthipon Pothithong, the director of Saensuk police station, said that he arranged the renovation in accordance with the policy of the Royal Thai Police which aims to rebrand the image of the police force.

The renovation process started in early 2012, as Pol.Col.Itthipon spent some of his money, including money donated from local residents, to develop the place.

The police station now contains facilities such as car park, coffee shop, playgrounds and a 30-metres-high flagpole.

The renovation had totally changed many residents’ perspectives towards the police, he said. According to Pol.Col.Itthipon, people tend to feel more welcome and less upset about their worries when they encounter such heart-warming reception from his force.

Pol.Col.Itthipon added that he was glad that the renovation impressed many visitors, and that the station is now living up to its pride as the police station locates in the leading tourism spot of the country.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM05qazRNRGswTVE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-08-20

"Pol.Col.Itthipon added that he was glad that the renovation impressed many visitors"

Yes I agree , its impressive and very ugly. Did they do that in hopping tourists will feel better in filling up scam complains ? ok ok it look nice than any other police station .. I said it .

Who designed that! it looks like someones recreated their worst floral nightmare. I can't believe that that was all put together deliberately. I would have a hard time talking to the coppers about anything without gagging from floral overload.

What a lot of crap and a negligent use of public funds. If they have money to spare it would be put to better use providing APV's for the poor RTP sods who have to patrol the terrorist south on motorbikes and pick up trucks,getting their ass shot at or blown up on a daily basis.

The picture on this post looks like a combination of a jewish front room in an OAP home.

That furniture and decor looks a hell of a lot nicer and more comfortable to me than the tasteless modern chipboard-and-plastic black and white crap you find in Ikea, Index and all the new condo buildings. That stuff really is hideous.

OK, I probably would not have gone for the floral wallpaper, but the rest is perfectly OK once you have accepted the fact that the two chairs don't match.

What a loss of face. The police at this station can no longer be regarded as enforcers of the law. While people are getting hacked to bits, robbed, beaten, etc. on the street, these guys are having high tea at the station. *sigh*

Remember, it's all about face and appearances

I have visited a similarly decorated institution but it was called a "High Class Brothel!

For heavens sake please publish the name of the 'Interior Decorator / Designer'. I can possibly arrange further work for Him / Her

Mmmm I think someone is hoping to get one of those TV shows into redecorate the whole place in a more modern, fashionable style, the best route to that is to get in the press and round up every farang within 20 miles so we get endless complaint threads on TV about not only having to cough up "tea money" to the BiB, but having to also endure death by chintz and floral pastiche.

tongue.png