Lazy Cops

The Skipper

I think it's sometimes easier to blame the legal system, the cops, the security guards, and of course the prime minister.... but in the end, in many cases it's just poor judgement/decision making on the part of the injured party themselves (not saying that is the case here), whether it's choice of spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, or business partner.
From what I have read between the lines of the OP’s posts he has a good heart and in this case it may have turned out that his heart was too good for his own good.

He meant to have an amicable divorce, and provide financially well for his ex because he can afford it and because he bore her no grudge (at that stage).

Still, he was not acting blindly, he made suitable arrangements regarding his assets, he moved to a new place to which his ex had no key, to whose door she should in fact not have been given access under the terms of his rental agreement. I see no reason to find fault with him if he blames the security guards, and if he feels that the police could have done a better job.

I empathise with the OP and we all can only hope that we shall never find ourselves in a situation where we need protection but are dismally let down by guards and the police.

---------------

Maestro

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skip, 8 years ago I had a almost identical experience, door broken down, security guards who though my ex attacking me with a carving knife was funny. Cops who were useless, all the same little highlights. Eventually got through it now she is remarried to some poor <deleted> in Italy. FRom the lowest point in my life things got better, I now have wife who I adore along with a couple of anklebiters, life could hardly be better. But reading yr post brought back the utter misery of that time in my life.

She was as loyal as they come untill the end.

Second failed marriage, all her neighbors gossiping, lost FACE, went beserk.

I can forgive someone that is going thru tuff times.

Now my integrity has been attacked and she's putting my friends is her crosshairs, I'm mad as hel_l.

She and her family, thumbed their nose at my original offer of $150,000. last October.

My ducks are in a row she will most likely get 1/3 of that now and give half of that to her Calif. lawyers. :o

Excuse me Heng, but did you read the thread? :o This is not simply about some poor Issan girl or retail hack. I am female, and have heard versions of this story from every social class in Thailand. Sorry, but you are either blind or delusional.

Yeah, you're excused, even if you're blind or delusional. How do you know what it's about? I'm saying what it sounds like, and I did say that I wasn't stating as a fact what the issues were. I've seen what I've seen and I certainly sympathize with the OP. More often than not though, these situations can be avoided from the beginning by not mismatching people to start with. It might be romantic for some to think that one person having a doctorate and the other never having completed 3rd grade, or one person making X hundred thousand a month and one making 6,000 a month can live happily ever after (and yes, they sometimes do), or that people can hope to truly communicate speaking pidgin Thaiglish, but oil and water don't mix anywhere in the world, and people seem to love to forget that here.

:D

I think it's sometimes easier to blame the legal system, the cops, the security guards, and of course the prime minister.... but in the end, in many cases it's just poor judgement/decision making on the part of the injured party themselves (not saying that is the case here), whether it's choice of spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, or business partner.
From what I have read between the lines of the OP’s posts he has a good heart and in this case it may have turned out that his heart was too good for his own good.

He meant to have an amicable divorce, and provide financially well for his ex because he can afford it and because he bore her no grudge (at that stage).

Still, he was not acting blindly, he made suitable arrangements regarding his assets, he moved to a new place to which his ex had no key, to whose door she should in fact not have been given access under the terms of his rental agreement. I see no reason to find fault with him if he blames the security guards, and if he feels that the police could have done a better job.

I empathise with the OP and we all can only hope that we shall never find ourselves in a situation where we need protection but are dismally let down by guards and the police.

---------------

Maestro

The fault lies in one's expectations.

I'd say that many wouldn't fault the security guard, cop, or whoever for bowing to the will of someone "bigger" than them in society or "higher" than them in the social order. Not saying it WAS the case here, but it's understandable if that was what happened. It's certainly ridiculous to not expect it as a possible scenario though while living here for so long.

Anyhoo, I do hope things work out for the OP.... although like the many in the south like to say to Thaksin 'you're not going to fix anything by hitting us over the head with money.'

:o