Watch Netflix, Hulu, BBC and Many More in Thailand with TrickByte DNS

Trickbyte

I have already concluded this service is not suited for me, just too complex and very bad support.

When when asking a direct question about Netflix, I got this totally useless answer:

Hello,

Please follow our set up guide here.

http://help.trickbyte.com

and scroll down to find your preferred device.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Trickbyte Support

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too complex?

Just change dns, login to website to allow your ip in allowed list and thats it. If thats complex, Satellite is your only choice.

Not everybody are born with an interest in dns in their DNA.

It would be nice if somebody offer a plug & play service. As I understand Netflix cost $9 + $3 for this tricky dns service (400 baht/month). Way more attractive than UBC and I would happily pay say 800 baht/month for Netflix, if it comes with support.

For now, I just use torrents.

It would be nice if somebody offer a plug & play service. As I understand Netflix cost $9 + $3 for this tricky dns service (400 baht/month). Way more attractive than UBC and I would happily pay say 800 baht/month for Netflix, if it comes with support.

Changing DNS is way simpler than port forwarding or anything related to your router / adsl modem.

There are VPN alternatives to DNS spoof services, but vpn usually slower your speed and you can't watch at full quality.

Try ibVPN free 6 hours trial, download their software, choose any US server and hit connect. Then you can try netflix on your browser.

Netflix is 8 usd / month and lets you try one month free before actually charge your credit card.

Changing DNS is way simpler than port forwarding or anything related to your router / adsl modem.

There are VPN alternatives to DNS spoof services, but vpn usually slower your speed and you can't watch at full quality.

Try ibVPN free 6 hours trial, download their software, choose any US server and hit connect. Then you can try netflix on your browser.

Netflix is 8 usd / month and lets you try one month free before actually charge your credit card.

Please go out and do the below job, as per the below instructions. Let me know when you are done.

I appriciate your help, but changing DNS settings is not on my CV (for now).

1. PJSM.

2. P/U string to Upper most zone as per tally. Itll be +/- 15 20 kips over pull when pack off pulling tool retrieving pack off.

3. Cont. move up to top zone indicator coupling. Set down 30 kips on the weight down indicator and mark string as (GP/SP)--- Gravel Pack Position.

4. Space out DP & RU Frac Head. Flush HES surface line with filtered completion fluid overboard until clean, at the same time test HES flowmeter, densitometer and pressure transducer to ensure they are in working condition. Frac PT the line to Frac Head @ 5000 psi/10mins & set tubing relief valve to 4100psi.

5. BJ flush the surface line/manifold up to f/line and PT the line to TIW @ 3000psi/5 mins.

6. P/U to Neutral weight position. P/U ~0.5 m and mark (RP) -- Reverse Circulation Position on DP.

7. P/U 2.8 m from Neutral weight position and mark (RP2)-- Full Reverse Position on DP.

8. P/U tool +/- 6m above (RP2) to locate 2 way shifter above MCS sleeve then go back down to open MCS.

9. Return to (GP) Position and prepare for HRWP for Zone# 4)

10. PJSM

• Like 2

Please go out and do the below job, as per the below instructions. Let me know when you are done.

I appriciate your help, but changing DNS settings is not on my CV (for now).

1. PJSM.

2. P/U string to Upper most zone as per tally. Itll be +/- 15 20 kips over pull when pack off pulling tool retrieving pack off.

3. Cont. move up to top zone indicator coupling. Set down 30 kips on the weight down indicator and mark string as (GP/SP)--- Gravel Pack Position.

4. Space out DP & RU Frac Head. Flush HES surface line with filtered completion fluid overboard until clean, at the same time test HES flowmeter, densitometer and pressure transducer to ensure they are in working condition. Frac PT the line to Frac Head @ 5000 psi/10mins & set tubing relief valve to 4100psi.

5. BJ flush the surface line/manifold up to f/line and PT the line to TIW @ 3000psi/5 mins.

6. P/U to Neutral weight position. P/U ~0.5 m and mark (RP) -- Reverse Circulation Position on DP.

7. P/U 2.8 m from Neutral weight position and mark (RP2)-- Full Reverse Position on DP.

8. P/U tool +/- 6m above (RP2) to locate 2 way shifter above MCS sleeve then go back down to open MCS.

9. Return to (GP) Position and prepare for HRWP for Zone# 4)

10. PJSM

I can change dns with a few clicks under 10 seconds, can you do these 10 steps under a minute?

You are comparing apples to horses.

Right now can't seem to connect with either Hulu or Netflix.. Gettin message that Netflix (or Hulu) is currently unavailable Try again later...

Have gone back into Apple TV and reset to factory settings and then went through the set up again, but still same thing

Tried to watch on laptop and also having problems

Was able to sign in at Netflix, but when clicking on video, screen goes black like trying to load but won't ... Hulu page won't come up...

Did a speed test with server I'm New York and almost 1.8MB so don't think it is a connection issue .

Also signed back into website to ensure IP was approved so not that either ...

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea whether the free VPN/proxy solutions described here will work:

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2014/02/how-to-watch-the-winter-olympics-2014-in-thailand/

Just tried Google Chrome with ZEN Mate (addon), location UK and watched some "Highlights" from here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/winter-olympics/25885398

Worked well.

The above post appeared on the Olympics thread. Can anyone comment on Google Chrome with ZEN mate. Confused of Thailand here

To clarify all I want is access to BBC IPlayer and ITV player. Both are free in UK. I don't mind paying for a new android box, money is not an issue. I just want to watch UK free TV on demand. Currently I have a paid service with Expat TV which allows only 7 days, which is OK and works extremely well, but I would rather have 30 days to watch my preferred programmes with the ability to save within the IPlayer.

I tried the accessing BBC IPlayer via a UK VPN but toooooooo slow.

My success with Expat TV (online through their configured android box) might suggest my internet connection speeds is fine.

Assistance in layman's terms without the technical jargon would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by iancnx

I just went through the whole set up process...to get the 14 day trial, with Trickybyte, .... followed all instructions carefully and get email saying to login, then a message after login that my "DNS setting is not correct" w00t.giffacepalm.gif

Flushed DNS etc... what's missing?.... It's beyond me~! blink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

To clarify all I want is access to BBC IPlayer and ITV player. Both are free in UK. I don't mind paying for a new android box, money is not an issue. I just want to watch UK free TV on demand. Currently I have a paid service with Expat TV which allows only 7 days, which is OK and works extremely well, but I would rather have 30 days to watch my preferred programmes with the ability to save within the IPlayer.

My success with Expat TV (online through their configured android box) might suggest my internet connection speeds is fine.

Assistance in layman's terms without the technical jargon would be much appreciated.

Thanks

BBC iPlayer is easy:

If using Firefox, download the add-on called "Media-hint" and let Firefox instal it. When complete, load BBC iPlayer and watch it, that's all there is to it, no VPN or DNS changes needed.

• Like 1

Thanks

Let me try explaining how it works. Basically, the BBC iPlayer looks at your IP address to determine if you are in the UK or not. If the IP address shows you are out of the country, it won't play back video. So in order to watch iPlayer, you need to trick the BBC into thinking you are in the UK. This service is very simliar to the VPN services, only instead of using an encrypted VPN tunnel to a server in the UK, it instead "tricks" your computer into sending any traffic for the BBC (or Netflix, or whatever) to a TrickByte server in the UK (or US). In both cases it is actually a server in the UK that is communicating with the BBC website, and then server passes along the data to your computer.

So instead of going like this:

[Your PC] <--> [bBC Website]

It works like this:

[Your PC] <--> [TrickByte or VPN Server] <--> [bBC Website]

So same basic functionality, but different methods of setting it up.

The benefits of doing it via DNS:

- No software to install. You can simply add the DNS server to home router, and any device in your home can use the service.

- Since there's no encryption between your computer and the server in the UK, there's less bandwidth overhead so they can cram more users per server.

I just went through the whole set up process...to get the 14 day trial, with Trickybyte, .... followed all instructions carefully and get email saying to login, then a message after login that my "DNS setting is not correct" w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif alt=facepalm.gif width=24 height=18>

Flushed DNS etc... what's missing?.... It's beyond me~! xblink.png.pagespeed.ic.AQgCnSOpp_.png alt=blink.png width=20 height=20>

Two things I can think of.

1) Your ISP doesn't allow you to use a 3rd party DNS server.

2) Your router overrides the manual DNS you configured on your computer (or Roku, or whatever)

When I tried to set this up, I got the same problem. It turned out my ZyXEL router was hijacking the DNS queries and sending them to my ISP's DNS servers even though I'd manually configured my computer to use the TrickByte DNS. Once I changed the DNS on my router to use TrickByte instead of my ISP, it started working.

(Note, I don't work for TrickByte or have any association to them other than trying to set this up yesterday to livestream the Olympics. I do work in the computer networking field, and my above answers are my best guesses.)

• Like 2

Thanks

Let me try explaining how it works. Basically, the BBC iPlayer looks at your IP address to determine if you are in the UK or not. If the IP address shows you are out of the country, it won't play back video. So in order to watch iPlayer, you need to trick the BBC into thinking you are in the UK. This service is very simliar to the VPN services, only instead of using an encrypted VPN tunnel to a server in the UK, it instead "tricks" your computer into sending any traffic for the BBC (or Netflix, or whatever) to a TrickByte server in the UK (or US). In both cases it is actually a server in the UK that is communicating with the BBC website, and then server passes along the data to your computer.

So instead of going like this:

[Your PC] <--> [bBC Website]

It works like this:

[Your PC] <--> [TrickByte or VPN Server] <--> [bBC Website]

So same basic functionality, but different methods of setting it up.

The benefits of doing it via DNS:

- No software to install. You can simply add the DNS server to home router, and any device in your home can use the service.

- Since there's no encryption between your computer and the server in the UK, there's less bandwidth overhead so they can cram more users per server.

I just went through the whole set up process...to get the 14 day trial, with Trickybyte, .... followed all instructions carefully and get email saying to login, then a message after login that my "DNS setting is not correct" w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif alt=facepalm.gif width=24 height=18>

Flushed DNS etc... what's missing?.... It's beyond me~! xblink.png.pagespeed.ic.AQgCnSOpp_.png alt=blink.png width=20 height=20>

Two things I can think of.

1) Your ISP doesn't allow you to use a 3rd party DNS server.

2) Your router overrides the manual DNS you configured on your computer (or Roku, or whatever)

When I tried to set this up, I got the same problem. It turned out my ZyXEL router was hijacking the DNS queries and sending them to my ISP's DNS servers even though I'd manually configured my computer to use the TrickByte DNS. Once I changed the DNS on my router to use TrickByte instead of my ISP, it started working.

(Note, I don't work for TrickByte or have any association to them other than trying to set this up yesterday to livestream the Olympics. I do work in the computer networking field, and my above answers are my best guesses.)

Thanks for the informative information as to how all this (is supposed to workfacepalm.gif ) thumbsup.gif

I perhaps should have mentioned I am using 3BB as my local provider... on Mac Mavericks... Firefox (latest version)..

I'll wrap my brain around this and try again, unless anyone knows 3BB blocks these things... I also had Hula on FF, but turned it off...

I am not in a huge rush to do this, since paid up with Astro until June.... but just want to see how well the internet TV works....I am not looking for a free ride, either! wink.png

If you believe you have done everything correctly but still get "DNS setting is not correct" sometimes, it's just a browser cache. Try access http://www.pandora.com if you can access it without geo -blocked warning screen, then you are good to go.

Another reason is you have transparent proxy on. Actually, even you have transparent proxy, some sites are still working. You can verify you have transparent proxy on or not by visiting this url.

http://www.whatismyproxy.com

and thanks to shawndoc for explaining. I'm really appreciated.

I use Google chrome browser and add the Zenmate app that's allows you to play all Uk on demand channels Bbc/Itv etc works great for me and is free!

I have google chrome on my ipad. Do you think zenmate will work in this case? Is it easy to set up? The advantage of using the IPad is I can beam it across to Apple TV and watch on the big screen. Prob daft questions from non geek.

Thanks to cableguy, Chiang Mai and shawndon for the replies.

hma vpn also has money back gurantee and free trial. 30 days in fact. So far, it has been working great on my devices and it is a reputable company so I kind of trust them more.

Also, data transfer using vpn is encrypted, (but not in DNS unfortunately), so i dont get any risk in personal data being leaked out. And the best part is the installation is very easy and you can watch netflix in 10 minutes setup.

I have tried many other options, but so far, im sticking with hma for value, security and ease of usage. hope this helps

I use Google chrome browser and add the Zenmate app that's allows you to play all Uk on demand channels Bbc/Itv etc works great for me and is free!

I have google chrome on my ipad. Do you think zenmate will work in this case? Is it easy to set up? The advantage of using the IPad is I can beam it across to Apple TV and watch on the big screen. Prob daft questions from non geek.

Thanks to cableguy, Chiang Mai and shawndon for the replies.

Last time I tried there was no zenmate app for the Ipad.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Update.. Have finished the free period with Trickbyte since my last post on 8 February , all has been running smoothly on Netflix and Hulu has also improved a bit with less buffering the last week.

So have signed up today for the paid service, as over all very happy with the service

Also all things being equal... Happier to give my money to a local Thai business than some overseas company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recommend unotelly google it dns and vpn together

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unotelly dns + vpn package is more expensive (7.95 a month)

dns package is 4.95 a month

and it is routing my netflix via UK despite the fact I choose US. Lame.