Canada vs Samui

Thanks Boater for sharing this ... BUT

But clearly, who ever designed the sick-on Pot holes is not a bike rider.

Should a bike rider have an accident and these stickers showed to contribute to them in any way (excessive breaking to avoid the fake pot-hole, loss of traction passing over the vinyl ... etc ... I'd be sueing the ass of the local/state/national authority who placed them there!

Never heard of fake potholes being used here. Given the markings on the road in the top 2 pics (Feels like power suspension), I would say that someone took a guerrilla marketing campaign and used it for their own purposes - potholes on Samui.

Speed Humps would work fine if the local authorities could be bothered to build any.

They had thought of the idea before and put a request into central government for a 5 million thb grant to assess the impact of having speed bumps on the island and a budget of 2.5 billion to install them but I don't think anything came of it

Sent from my iPhone 6

using ThaiVisa app

With plenty of place's on the mainland i cant understand why they would need to do a survey on the impact of speed bumps, just ask other departments in other area's of the country, seems even Bangkok saw through this scam. They could go a stage further and see what impact daily road checks for licences and crash helmets has, also multiple breathalyzer check points late at night, but then again that would reduce the death toll as would speed bumps and mean the cops working instead of scamming the bars.

I think speed bumps would not be such a good idea, sudden slow downs would no doubt cause many more accidents with people suddenly slowing down facepalm.gif .... perhaps rumble strips, yes.... but probably radar and enforcement might make a difference ?

Many of the side Soi's have speed bumps they really don't make much of a difference... IMHO.wink.png