andrew

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Andrew..

Bravo .... I think.

If it's of any interest (and I'm sure it isn't), I'm probably the only person on this forum who doesn't have a Thai Chinese girlfriend.

=====================

If of any interest, the estimatated Thai/Chinese population of Thailand in 2012 was around 14% of the population of Thailand so for any one in a Thai/Chinese relationship, even people on this forum, it's not as hard as some people think to end up in a Thai/Chinese relationship.

Happy hunting for those looking..wai2.gif

OP, try being in hotel industry smile.png

Esteemed guests in cheapest rooms believe that they are VIP customers and hotel should bend backwards to service them- naturally for free.

Hotel rules should not and do not apply to them.

And should hotel not do whatever they want, you should see the reviews.

Try the condo rental or owner business if you think hotels are bad, what 2 weeks after moving in the neighbour 200 metres away on another plot of land farts loudly in the morning and you want your money back and are moving out, or "my Mum just died" yet seen a few weeks later looking for another room with another agent my Wife knows, or The Pool isnt big enough.

Never their fault........they could almost be Thai!!

Have to say most of them havent got a pot to piss in and leave the room like a shithole yet want it immaculate when starting.

Waht you dont have rooms for less than 8000 baht

My budget is 20k a month but then ask for 10k rooms etc etc etc

Just a normal day.

Me I stay out of it except to answer their dumb e mails in my Wifes name as they also try the "you dont understand " routine.

Occasionally they sink into deep self pity, death threats, one even said he was an arms dealer, turned out he was a Turkish man running a kebab shop in Australia beforehand which went bust owing money to everyone.

• Like 1

Bad things happen in business ... but a experienced and qualified businessman would practice due diligence in bringing on a new client... look at the new client's business record, who has the new client dealt with before, find evidence of reputation, and associated things...

Sounds like OP did not practice much of any due diligence in dealing with the client PRIOR to supplying goods or services ....

Couldnt agree more.

Yes - jealousy. There are a LOT of jealous farangs around with serious chips on their shoulders.

Reasons for jealousy:

You earn more

You are younger than them/better looking

You have a nicer girlfriend

You pay your girlfriend nothing or more/less than they do

You have a car

You are a nice person, they are not.

etc etc

I'm not a nice person, and I have never made that claim nor any of the others listed above on this forum or elsewhere. It's the TV way that everyone who has less money than you do is a hopeless loser, and everyone who earns more a complete tosser - I dont agree with that mindset, but we all know its there. Particularly offended when people refer to my retirement savings - all contributed over many years of employment - as 'someone else's money' : the inference is that we are somehow the beneficiaries of a trust fund, but that's just the TV way. Mock everyone else to build yourself up - I started a lengthy post to that effect and was slammed repeatedly by the very people who do it on a daily basis.

My sole claim on this forum is that I'm prepared to spend time in countries other than Thailand with a view to avoiding the 'jealous' brigade you describe, and that elicits some interesting responses too. I respect the fact that many of the expats here have survived an often difficult environment, but the last time I checked no-one on TV has cured cancer or built an orphanage. Might be time we pulled our horns in.

• Like 1

Well at least there are no lunatics, hopeless failures and whores in the Government that you're used to deal with.

Successful businessmen on this forum will read your comment and think ........... someone's jealous. 

Not really. Your in a business that deals with the general public. There's always gonna be difficult customers and world location has nothing to do with it. Anyone in business is well aware of these difficult customers so your not telling us anything new. Plus there's always 2 sides to a story, your customer probably has his version of events. I really don't get the point of your op.
  • Like 2

Agree with the op. Never met so many 'bird shit' foreign people (read, farang) from top to bottom in one place, and have travelled. Though there are also many decent eggs, the dregs tend to stand out. You can sense em... those first dodgy vibes are usually the correct ones.

Well at least there are no lunatics, hopeless failures and whores in the Government that you're used to deal with.

Successful businessmen on this forum will read your comment and think ........... someone's jealous.

I generally don't open up new threads to boast of my excellence. Those in the business know, and those outside don't need to know.

Now that was mischievous, wasn't it.

You know who I am; you know what I do; you know how I got the government contract; you even know my girlfriend's deliciously foreign surname.

You know too that if I wanted to "boast of my excellence" then I would have referenced a few of those books that describe me, my company and my services in such glowing terms.

==============

Have a nice day, Mr Cowboy.

The reason you know about my professional and private affairs is because I trust and respect you.

I generally don't open up new threads to boast of my excellence.  Those in the business know, and those outside don't need to know.

You know who I am; you know what I do; you know how I got the government contract; you even know my girlfriend's deliciously foreign surname. 

You know too that if I wanted to "boast of my excellence" then I would have referenced a few of those books that describe me, my company and my services in such glowing terms. 

==============

The reason you know about my professional and private affairs is because I trust and respect you.   

Is it watermelon? Your gf last name. Watermelon is delicious so it could be.

I generally don't open up new threads to boast of my excellence. Those in the business know, and those outside don't need to know.

==============

Did it occur to you, OP, that all your follow up posts from your opening statement are pretty much in a defensive mode? I can't help but tell you that your opening statement almost asked for the various statements made...

Starting with telling everybody how successful you are - then telling the people that there are difficult (farang) customers here in Thailand... well, in every business in every country you will find difficult customers, whether you are in a position as owner of a company or employee of a company... that is nothing new and nothing people must be informed about.

But then you write "I knew from the outset that things were wrong"... so the main question is, why did you take this customer on board? Maybe your business is not so successful and you needed that job? Maybe you thought that you could make a nice profit out of that lunatic? I don't know, but the blame for the subsequent problems are as much yours as his... and of course, review websites ARE mainly used by unhappy customers, so there also is nothing new about it...

So basically... an initial post that gives nothing new and follow-up statements to defend your own success... better think twice about your next post

• Like 2

OP, try being in hotel industry smile.png

Esteemed guests in cheapest rooms believe that they are VIP customers and hotel should bend backwards to service them- naturally for free.

Hotel rules should not and do not apply to them.

And should hotel not do whatever they want, you should see the reviews.

Agreed. Been in the business for 30 years and Tripadvisor hasn't made it easier. I have guests tell me to discount their room or else they would write a bad review. I refused.

And where is the news? You'll find these kind of people in every country. Bad luck, in the end you can never be 100% sure about people. But good to see that this one incident made "many farangs in Thailand lunatics".

Theres no news is there but its into its third page so clearly infantile farang bashing is condoned. Now thats hardly news on here either.

After reading the posts on the thread I am still at a loss at what the OP is on about, other trying to tell the world how good he is, I too would be very interested to know the line of business he is in and preferably the name of the company....more for information to myself, as if I was ever looking for the services the OP provided, I would know for certain that I wouldnt consider using the services provided by such an arrogant and conceited indivdual...what a pr*kc.

The title of the thread relates to lunatic farangs, and based on what the OP has written to date, I would suspect the OP also fits in the description of a lunatic farang as well...

• Like 1

if you are referring to the UK Government, the real lunatics are the ones who keep voting for any of the two major parties.

The use of the word "many" is a minefield. You're an idiot for choosing it because every sane and sensible foreigner reading this thread will still take it as a personal attack on them. "Many" casts a broad net. And just what the heck are you talking about, anyway? Could you be any vaguer? No specifics, no details, no focal point to your b1tch. Just a puerile rant that seems more designed to prove your superiority. Not impressed at all.

I would say that if someone is all that successful, he wouldn't be running a business. He'd be kicked back, relaxed, and enjoying the good life.

And he wouldn't need to come on ThaiVisa to tell everyone how successful he is.

Don't be so sure Neversure. Most successful business men get greedier and greedier, the more money the make, the more they want, and it is us, the average person, who loses as we have to eat, travel in their transport etc etc etc, then they die and some other spoiled brat becomes a multi-millionaire.

im sorry this is such a vague load of twaddle that it was not worth the time it took to post.

it may all be true, but i fail to see the point

We've been through some of this before, haven't we?

Your first username was TinFoilHat. What was next? Was it CandyPants?

And then there was another name, wasn't there?

And now you're back as GirlDrinkDrunk.

==================

Do you still "fail to see the point"? The thread is about farang lunatics. Take a look in the mirror.

I was told that you are not allowed to change your user name on Thaivisa. I wanted to take the 1931 from mine.